Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Straight Outta CompUSA posted:

Do you and Henry have a plan in mind for when you'll call it on Talking Simpsons? I feel like I've heard season 12 floated a few times as the jumping off point for a lot of people, are you thinking you're actually gonna go beyond that to the end?

Our plan is to keep going until we run out of episodes, so we've got at least ten years left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'll probably stay engaged even long past the Golden Age cutoff. I was watching up to Season 13 or so and even though I didn't want consistently anymore I did check out an episode or two and heard word about what the occasional episode was about.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff

bobservo posted:

Our plan is to keep going until we run out of episodes, so we've got at least ten years left.

😬

Hope you survive the experience! Yr braver souls than I for certain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobservo posted:

the simpsons is the grapefruit wedged under the brakes of your podcast, and we're all just waiting for it to shoot you in the eyes and send everything spiraling.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Rediscovered this after a brief hiatus. Really missed the commentary and you've had some awesome guests on! I'm thinking of getting a collection in order to catch up on the stuff I missed. I have fond memories of watching repeats of old episodes on Channel 4 in the UK when I got home from school.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 14, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Dexter's Lab really is on Hulu and really does hold up. Thanks for improving my week, What A Cartoon!!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Dexter's Lab really is on Hulu and really does hold up. Thanks for improving my week, What A Cartoon!!

Dexter's lab is the bomb, I still giggle like an idiot at things like 'Shut up and make me a sandwich'.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

khwarezm posted:

Dexter's lab is the bomb, I still giggle like an idiot at things like 'Shut up and make me a sandwich'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZuKMo9u8CM

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Howie Mandel apparently retweeted a link to the new Patreon What A Cartoon! episode about Bobby's World because he must have a Google Alert set up or something.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Finding out that Doraemon's Arabic dub has him as a genie is wonderful, Aziz was a great guest even if he obviously wasn't a pro. I love learning more about that kind of thing in other languages, because as an American there's plenty of weird dubs and localizations (Samurai Pizza Cats and Duel Masters discarding the source material entirely and just doing their own thing with the dub, the various :airquote:jelly donuts:airquote: and :airquote:shadow realm:airquote: bowdlerizations of the 4kids era) but it's something that happens everywhere; off the top of my head I know Top Cat is still really popular in south america because they did weird stuff with the dub, or in other countries the dub of Scooby Doo didn't have the laugh track so its not quite as intolerable.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

now that the two bad neighbors episode is on the free stream i just want to double down on my response to the dweeb who was crying about it...

Kly posted:

ahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha
its probably the best TS episode ever and between this and checking out 3 different futurama podcasts i really appreciate the quality of TS. its good to see them thriving after losing the dead-weight

Kly fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 18, 2018

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Kly posted:

now that the two bad neighbors episode is on the free stream i just want to double down on my response to the dweeb who was crying about it...

its probably the best TS episode ever and between this and checking out 3 different futurama podcasts i really appreciate the quality of TS. its good to see them thriving after losing the dead-weight

what dead weight? Chris Antista?

Edit 1: I liked Chris and didn't perceive dead weight in TS; this was asked to get clarification

Edit 2: Reflecting in 2019, I've definitely changed my mind here. Hope that Bob & Henry eventually rerecord every episode that had Chris (including Talking Critic), like Matt Jay did for his Eva show after JDB went nuts

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 3, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what a good good time for the Two Bad Neighbors episode to hit

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

sexpig by night posted:

what a good good time for the Two Bad Neighbors episode to hit

Hi Bob, between the timing on this and the Ren & Stimpy ep of What a Cartoon, do you think your podcasts are cursed? I'll take my answer off the air.

(Love both shows, really need to get on that Patreon)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

there was already a hockey guy or someone who died between recording an episode that brought him up and it's release

so yeah, the TS curse is most definitely a thing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not saying you should do an episode focused on a thing Trump had a cameo in but

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

sexpig by night posted:

I'm not saying you should do an episode focused on a thing Trump had a cameo in but

come on, home alone 2 bonus episode

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Hi Bob, between the timing on this and the Ren & Stimpy ep of What a Cartoon, do you think your podcasts are cursed? I'll take my answer off the air.

(Love both shows, really need to get on that Patreon)

My only issue is Henry and I don't get to CONTROL who dies. What a rip-off!

Oh yeah, and Steve Sajdak from We hate Movies is on this week's Patreon episode!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You guys are getting some extra primo podcast nerd guests for these last few eps, nice.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

can I pay you $20/month and get another podcast/week? would be worth it

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Analytic Engine posted:

can I pay you $20/month and get another podcast/week? would be worth it

We're at our max workload right now but if we reach $11000 (and we probably will at some point) we'll do a second mini-series this year following Talking Futurama.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

bobservo posted:

We're at our max workload right now but if we reach $11000 (and we probably will at some point) we'll do a second mini-series this year following Talking Futurama.

Understandable, you guys actually prepare(!!!) for each show

FYI, your stuff fills the void left by It's That Episode. Comedian Craig Rowin would watch a single ep of any TV show with his comedian/showbiz guest, though they intentionally did no research before watching. (Lots of UCB people including James Adomian)

https://thatepisode.libsyn.com/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Analytic Engine posted:

FYI, your stuff fills the void left by It's That Episode. Comedian Craig Rowin would watch a single ep of any TV show with his comedian/showbiz guest, though they intentionally did no research before watching. (Lots of UCB people including James Adomian)

My favorite thing about this podcast was having Seth Reiss on three times, to discuss three different episodes of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, a show that he (rightly) hated.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Your What A Cartoon episode on Kill La Kill has inspired me to give it a shot. Wish me luck.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I dont like it when chris antista hijacks the show to say boring things

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
He hasn't been on the show for like a month

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
oh thats good. I'm only on season 3 and I realized I'm always spacing out when he talks

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I miss Chris, you guys are fools.

bobservo posted:

Oh yeah, and Steve Sajdak from We hate Movies is on this week's Patreon episode!

I said an actual verbal, "Holy poo poo!" when I saw last night that Steven Sajdak was on this week's episode. I didn't know you were such a big deal!

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Analytic Engine posted:

Understandable, you guys actually prepare(!!!) for each show

I was actually a big fan of It's That Episode and Go Bayside! and both of them have had a pretty big influence on the Talking Simpsons "style."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Latest episode of What a Cartoon on Dexter's Lab was super good. I was never the biggest fan of Dexter or anything Genndy was done but I appreciate it a lot and enjoy people talk about his work.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Bob, whats the music in Talking Futurama when going to/from a break? It sounds incredibly familiar but I can't place it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Riptor posted:

Bob, whats the music in Talking Futurama when going to/from a break? It sounds incredibly familiar but I can't place it

the song from How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There's too much Talking Simpsons out right now! It's wonderful!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Bob's "I just imagined a listener in an office turning their head, their headphones popping out of the jack and their entire office hearing this Bobby's World song, and they're immediately fired" aside on this week's What a Cartoon is the exact reason I removed all speakers from my work computer on my first day there, but still sweat about the possibility to this very day.

Talking Simpsons is also pointing out to me how early the sweaty tendencies of post-peak Simpsons (celebs as themselves, broad swings in characterization from week to week, etc.) were readily apparent during the Oakley-Weinstein seasons that I have held up as the show's apex.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

JethroMcB posted:

Bob's "I just imagined a listener in an office turning their head, their headphones popping out of the jack and their entire office hearing this Bobby's World song, and they're immediately fired" aside on this week's What a Cartoon is the exact reason I removed all speakers from my work computer on my first day there, but still sweat about the possibility to this very day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0IN3fya3A

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

So why hasn't there been a new episode in over two weeks? :confused:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

There's a new feed, I think the itunes page updated just subscribe again.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

sexpig by night posted:

There's a new feed, I think the itunes page updated just subscribe again.

Will this also work if I use Stitcher?

*edit*
Figured it out. There's a different feed now that has the new episodes on it.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

They're waiting for one of the Chapo guys to come on and say "bitch".