Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

blops 2- great
blops 3- even greater
blops 4- i'm going to have a higher k/d than rkid (greatest)

BLOPS peaked at 1 and has been declining since, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You never join our parties, Toast

Co-op campaign could be fun.

A: Not true as I was in a party the other night.
B: I'm usually already in a party with an irl friend.
C: Y'all don't invite me.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

They're removing the one thing they definitively do better than the other two devs...
:thunk:

Is this a joke? Black Ops 3's campaign was atrociously terrible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fame Douglas posted:

It had Starbuck and the guy from SVU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/986335668031799296

Battle Royal huh

what a season what a season

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You never join our parties, Toast

Co-op campaign could be fun.

The last one wasn't. I consider Extinction's bosses/end of mission sequences vastly superior, even if the rest of the campaign/SP/leveling stuff was really good.

Fame Douglas posted:

I liked it, I just hated the boss sequences because they were boring and repetitive, but the campaign was packed with tons of good stuff (customization, vr training, a hub, etc.). Also, lol at paying attention to the actual plot part. I mean gently caress, Root Beer's campaign was literally "What if we took Atlas Shrugged, and ran with it?" I'm a militant leftist, but I still think it was awesome to play.

And the story was better than the last two Deus Ex games.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 17, 2018

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BLOPS peaked at 1 and has been declining since, friend.

i never played BLOPS1 multi, ipso facto you are wrong

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

I liked it, I just hated the boss sequences because they were boring and repetitive, but the campaign was packed with tons of good stuff. Also, lol at paying attention to the actual plot part. I mean gently caress, Root Beer's campaign was literally "What if we took Atlas Shrugged, and ran with it?" I'm a militant leftist, but I still think it was awesome to play.

mind go boom

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

mind go boom

News flash: don't play them for the writing (BLOPS I excepted), play them for the set pieces. Enjoy the roller coaster.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
play them because you want to get stoned and shoot mans but don't want to tank your ~*~sTaTs~*~

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/986335668031799296

Battle Royal huh

what a season what a season

Not every game needs battle royal mode!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

100 broken chromebooks drop over an island...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

COD Battle Royale with gun game rules.

Also the map is Shipment.

Also the Javelin glitch is back.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

COD Battle Royale with gun game rules.

Also the map is Shipment.

Also the Javelin glitch is back.

Where do I preorder, and to whom on Treyarch do I tweet it to?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

So Treyarch didn’t have enough time for single player? Not that I would play it but 3 year development cycle and all.
Well, they were spending time working on a new engine and upgrading the netcAHAHAHAHAH

Really, that seems weird. The Polygon article does say they ran out of time so wtf were they doing? I'm OK with them going "Y'know what? We spend a shitton of money on these SP campaigns and nobody really plays them so we're gonna stop." What I'd really like is that future MP maps are free and microtransactions are cosmetic only, or if they continue to charge for crates/maps then drop the price of the game to $40. Of course, neither of those things are going to happen but I can dream.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Well, they were spending time working on a new engine and upgrading the netcAHAHAHAHAH

*spends three years making a multiplayer-only game*

*still can't maintain party cohesion, stable lobbies or prevent 9v3 matches*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The fact that this decade long series doesn't have a rock-loving-solid consistent netcode to use on all it's game is a loving joke. They keep reinventing the loving wheel every game then loving something else up. We had app support for loadouts and classes like FIVE years ago... never to be seen again. We've had multiple tab for classes and good DLC like unlock extra tabs and hero skins... every other year. We had a slow refinement of what's probably the "fairest" COD will be with supply drops with IW... which was then immediately dilluted to gently caress all thank to 1000 bees exploting the holiday drops. We had paid-for dedicated servers back in black ops one. That poo poo was perfection. Never again since. WW2's first third was under the direction of someone who genuinely thought making the player feel miserable was good to the experience of fighting in WW2. Amazing. And now it looks like BLOPS4 got caught in the immediately reactionary oh poo poo people just poo poo on WW2 turns out the game needs to actually be good and not just BOTG so now they're scrambling to do who knows what.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I can't wait to share this rock solid consistent netcode with 99 other players.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/Drift0r/status/986372840101502977

dumb take

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Little does he know, having server browser would be great. Now you can cherry pick with ease.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Won't lie; I always wanted to play M.A.G. using the CoD engine.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

loving :laffo:

Hm yes this future of gaming that is on the rise because of PUBG and Fortnite. Totally need this in my twitch based shooter held together by gum and prayers.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Yeah, I'm playing CoD right now instead of Fortnite because I love the BR format. Why golly, I could pay a whole $60+ to play a BR-style game instead of downloading loving Fortnite which is free! What intelligent analysis!

E: VVV Yeah I love survival mode in Division. I'm just attacking his argument that CoD needs to include it. I don't think the people that play CoD are interested in BR-style stuff since there are already options to be doing that and we wouldn't be playing CoD if we were.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 18, 2018

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i am somehow personally insulted that the BR discussion seems to completely ignore the existence of the division's survival mode, a God Tier BR game

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the division is/was a great game, god dammit

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I’d be concerned too about BR games dethroning CoD if my brand and livelihood was built on Call of Duty, and it doesn’t translate as well to other franchises.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

It was between Survival’s launch and juuuuust before Last Stand where The Division shone.

Also gently caress I really wanna try WW2NZ now that Contracts are in... one whole week after the intended launch of Zombies Contracts.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Well, boys, there's a new subgenre. Nothing to do but cram it into an in-development game whether or not we have any new/innovative ideas. It's a shame, but it's the law.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

He isn't wrong. COD has been a 100% capitalistic profit driven franchise for arguably a decade. There was no way they wouldn't include the latest trend to see if it sticks, especially since it works perfectly for the genre of game it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If that was true COD would have switched to a mobile farm building game

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GUI posted:

He isn't wrong. COD has been a 100% capitalistic profit driven franchise for arguably a decade. There was no way they wouldn't include the latest trend to see if it sticks, especially since it works perfectly for the genre of game it is.

I disagree with it being a perfect fit.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Division 2 better not pull a Destiny 2.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

Division 2 better not pull a Destiny 2.

you better buy it for PS4

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If that was true COD would have switched to a mobile farm building game

That's why I said it'd be a good fit for the type of game it is. :ssh: With AW they already introduced the mobile game idea of paying money for lootboxes with gun camos and other cosmetics that you already got through normal gameplay. They'd be fools not to add a PUBG-lite in their mass market arcade military shootbang franchise, especially one that's not as relevant as it was before.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

I disagree with it being a perfect fit.

Counterpoint: 8 man FFA on Rust. I would totally do a 32 man single elimination FFA on that castle map in Ghosts.

Javes
May 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/MatthewHarrisUK/status/986533831435079680

This thread seems to be a whole lot of made up, but believable nonsense. Nevertheless, it's fun to speculate.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Here’s my speculation: Best Case Scenario is WW2’s launch period all over again.

Worst Case Scenario has me taking a bag of marshmallows to wherever the servers are housed. Or I stay home and make s’mores there,

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I didn't really like BO3's story but I did like how it was sci-fi nonsense.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
body

bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You're going home in a body bag?

You should work on that.

• Locked thread