Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

To celebrate the life of Bruno Sammartino we will

WATCH THE WORST MAJOR COMPANY PPV EVENT IN HISTORY!

HALLOWEEN HAVOC 2000!

noooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I'll already be miserable because I hate packing for vacation, might as well double up!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm going to need a lot of weed to get through this

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I refuse to believe this is even the worst WCW PPV of 2000.

Refuse.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Refuse.

I mean I've only watched two shows in the build up to this and...I am perfectly willing to believe this is setting up the worst major PPV ever.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Refuse.

HH2000 is more consistently awful than New Blood Rising, which sucked in spots but had some decent stuff to offset it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am going to quote a great Monumental Podcast scholar.

"You're lying. I don't believe you."

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean I've only watched two shows in the build up to this and...I am perfectly willing to believe this is setting up the worst major PPV ever.

It definitely is.

In a 3 month span, Vince Russo and WCW put on New Blood Rising, Fall Brawl 2000, and Halloween Havoc 2000.

Fall Brawl 2000 would be a shoe-in for Worst Show of the Year in a normal year, but it's the best of the 3 by far.

Consider that Fall Brawl had the following:

--Kwee Wee, a talented worker but nonetheless doing a gimmick 100% based off of "Mango" from Saturday Night Live challenges for a Championship in the opening match.

--A First Blood Tag Team Chain Match between the Harrisi and Kronik which needed a ref bump for the Harrisusses to win

--Jim Duggan, making a comeback from cancer, turning heel on the United States by joining Team Canada for no adequately explained reason.

--A 7 versus 7 Tag Team Elimination (which was never explained beforehand on just how many people were it) match featuring Paul Orndorff literally almost dying in the ring in his first match 5 years after retiring with severe spinal issues. The PPV had to be stopped for 10 minutes just to make sure he wasn't permanently paralyzed.
This all led up to a finish to the match (next night on Nitro) as planned...with Nitro Girl Tygress pinning Mike Sanders, Chuck Palumbo, Shawn Stasiak, AND Mark Jindrak in the same match

--A loving MIXED GENDER SCAFFOLD TAG MATCH featuring Torrie Wilson and Shane Douglas (who attempted to get heel heat by burying Paul Orndorff in the previous match who was getting carted off in the ambulance amongst fears that he was permanently quadriplegic)

--A match in which Mike Awesome, in between 3 gimmicks at once in his 2nd month of the company as the "Career Killing, Fat Chick Thrilling, That 70's Guy" went over Jeff Jarrett who only laid down after multiple weapon shots, finishers and run-ins from NO LESS THAN 13 PEOPLE, I poo poo YOU NOT including Sting, Gary Coleman, and the entire starting lineup of the Buffalo Bills

--A completely dull and heatless match in the main event where Booker T finally regained his title from Kevin Nash in a Cage Match that had no spots involving the cage (Booker bladed from an exposed turnbuckle) and a finish that didn't even involve it as well.

And all this still wasn't quite as bad as New Blood Rising, which itself is better than this show.

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 18, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shiki Dan posted:

It definitely is.

In a 3 month span, Vince Russo and WCW put on New Blood Rising, Fall Brawl 2000, and Halloween Havoc 2000.

Fall Brawl 2000 would be a shoe-in for Worst Show of the Year in a normal year, but it's the best of the 3 by far.

Consider that Fall Brawl had the following:

--Kwee Wee, a talented worker but nonetheless doing a gimmick 100% based off of "Mango" from Saturday Night Live challenges for a Championship in the opening match.

--A First Blood Tag Team Chain Match between the Harrisi and Kronik which needed a ref bump for the Harrisusses to win

--A 7 versus 7 Tag Team Elimination (which was never explained beforehand on just how many people were it) match featuring Paul Orndorff literally almost dying in the ring in his first match 5 years after retiring with severe spinal issues. The PPV had to be stopped for 10 minutes just to make sure he wasn't permanently paralyzed.
This all led up to a finish to the match (next night on Nitro) as planned...with Nitro Girl Tygress pinning Mike Sanders, Chuck Palumbo, Shawn Stasiak, AND Mark Jindrak in the same match

--A loving MIXED GENDER SCAFFOLD TAG MATCH featuring Torrie Wilson and Shane Douglas (who attempted to get heel heat by burying Paul Orndorff in the previous match who was getting carted off in the ambulance amongst fears that he was permanently quadriplegic)

--A match in which Mike Awesome, in between 3 gimmicks at once in 2nd month of the company as the "Career Killing, Fat Chick Thrilling, That 70's Guy" went over Jeff Jarrett who only laid after multiple weapon shots, finishers and run-ins from NO LESS THAN 13 PEOPLE, I poo poo YOU NOT including Sting, Gary Coleman, and the entire starting lineup of the Buffalo Bills

--A completely dull and heatless match in the main event where Booker T finally regained his title from Kevin Nash in a Cage Match that had no spots involving the cage (Booker bladed from an exposed turnbuckle) and a finish that didn't even involve it as well.

And all this still wasn't quite as bad as New Blood Rising, which itself is better than this show.

You forgot the Steiner/Goldberg match in which Vince Russo interfered to win. This was right after the Jarrett match, so either Russo is better than the starting lineup of the Buffalo Bills, or Goldberg is just worse than Jarrett.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

The Steiner/Goldberg match is probably the MOTY for WCW 2000 and might be the sole reason Fall Brawl isn't the worst.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah WCW's 2000 PPVs are poo from a butt, but Havoc is the worst by a _mile_

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The preshow is Bruno vs Larry! https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

IT'S HAPPENING. PEAK RUSSO.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shiki Dan posted:

IT'S HAPPENING. PEAK RUSSO.

they canned Russo again before the PPV

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

they canned Russo again before the PPV

Creative team was under instructions to continue with Russo's plans until well into November.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I should have trusted you.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's definitely worse than NBR. I mean they're both wretched but I was shocked- like almost everyone had stopped trying, with the exception of the six people in the big tag match at the start.

It's also interesting how almost every match had some kind of "hardcore" element. During the Steiner match I appreciated Stevie Ray saying "That's our last table!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah that's definitely worse than NBR. I mean they're both wretched but I was shocked- like almost everyone had stopped trying, with the exception of the six people in the big tag match at the start.

It's also interesting how almost every match had some kind of "hardcore" element. During the Steiner match I appreciated Stevie Ray saying "That's our last table!"

The only people I feel are regularly positives in WCW are Stevie (if only because he still has a new feel) and Goldberg. The pop for Goldberg spearing one of Kronik showed that WCW still had a fanbase that loved them and could care, but WCW was just determined not to care.

Although when we get the occassional shred of Tony still caring he's good and I feel bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last week: The worst PPV ever!

This week: The fallout!

Tag Titles: Natural Born Thrillers vs Filthy Animals

Hardcore Title Match: Reno vs Kwee Wee

DAVID FLAIR VS MI SMOOTH

Lex Luger vs Buff Bagwell

The Perfect Event vs KRONI>I

The Cat vs Mike Sanders

World Title: Booker T vs Mike Awesome vs Scott Steiner

We are down to the last few Russo influenced shows, so tune in at 7:30 for the preshow, 8 for Nitro! This week's preshow is classic NOAH with the Donahue with Bruno, Vince and Dave as your post show!

https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 25, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh man i'm absolutely staying up for that post show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight's preshow is Kobashi vs Taue!!! https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NITRO AND NOAH!

Kwee Wee vs Lance Storm

Tag Titles: Natural Born Thrillers vs Jung Dragons vs 3 Count

Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner vs Buff Bagwell and Sting

US Title: Huge Erection vs Alex Wright

Goldberg vs Bam Bam Bigelow

World Title: Kevin Nash vs Booker T

7:30 NOAH, 8 PM Nitro!

https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The preshow is KOBASHI VS MARUFUJI! https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Join us tonight for NITRO from London! It features:

THE LONDON LETHAL LOTTERY TAG TOURNAMENT!

Hardcore Title: Crowbar vs Big Vito

The Natural Born Thrillers vs Kevin Nash

Elix Skipper vs The Cat

Goldberg vs The Boogie Knights

US Title Match: General Rection vs Lance Storm

Plus so much more! We've got NOAH at 7:30 and Nitro at 8! Plus MILLENNIUM FINAL next week!

Looks like synchtu.be is still down so we may have to show this on PSP-TV. Get your plugins ready!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
you guys missed bob sapp randomly showing up on thunder last week

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MassRafTer posted:

Join us tonight for NITRO from London! It features:

THE LONDON LETHAL LOTTERY TAG TOURNAMENT!

Hardcore Title: Crowbar vs Big Vito

The Natural Born Thrillers vs Kevin Nash

Elix Skipper vs The Cat

Goldberg vs The Boogie Knights

US Title Match: General Rection vs Lance Storm

Plus so much more! We've got NOAH at 7:30 and Nitro at 8! Plus MILLENNIUM FINAL next week!

Looks like synchtu.be is still down so we may have to show this on PSP-TV. Get your plugins ready!

Oh man, I'm going to have to see if I can get the plugins to work or it may be Bumpermania only for me. :ohdear:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The preshow is Miyahara vs Marufuji! http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TONIGHT IS WCW MILLENNIAL FINAL! That means it is your last chance for avocado toast or to kill any chain restaurants/Toys R Us!

Oh wait, MILLENNIUM FINAL the Germany only PPV!

KRONI>I vs The Filthy Animals

A Battle Royal

Elix Skipper vs Kwee Wee

For the Commissionership: Mike Sanders (c) vs The Cat

US Title: Huge Erection vs Lance Storm

Hardcore Match: Fit Finlay vs Norman Smiley

Tag Titles: The Boogie Knights vs The Natural Born Thrillers

European Cup Qualifying Match: Mike Awesome vs Alex Wright vs Kevin Nash

World Title Match: Booker T vs Scott Steiner

European Cup Match: Sting defends the title he won 8 years earlier vs the winner of the earlier match!

7:30 PM preshow, 8 PM FINAL!

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've never seen this and am very much looking forward to it :munch:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

TONIGHT IS WCW MILLENNIAL FINAL! That means it is your last chance for avocado toast or to kill any chain restaurants/Toys R Us!

Oh wait, MILLENNIUM FINAL the Germany only PPV!

KRONI>I vs The Filthy Animals

A Battle Royal

Elix Skipper vs Kwee Wee

For the Commissionership: Mike Sanders (c) vs The Cat

US Title: Huge Erection vs Lance Storm

Hardcore Match: Fit Finlay vs Norman Smiley

Tag Titles: The Boogie Knights vs The Natural Born Thrillers

European Cup Qualifying Match: Mike Awesome vs Alex Wright vs Kevin Nash

World Title Match: Booker T vs Scott Steiner

European Cup Match: Sting defends the title he won 8 years earlier vs the winner of the earlier match!

7:30 PM preshow, 8 PM FINAL!

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

(Goldberg is not appearing on this show because of something called the "Holocaust")

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I just wanted to say that I miss you all and I wish I could watch nitro with you but I have to get up for work at 3 or 4am and I can't stay up late to watch sweaty men handling one another.

Also I had a CAW on one of the older SvR games called The Manhandler and I loved to shout into the mic "WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE MANHANDLER HANDLES YOU" in a voice like this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Mayhem go home show! WCW is back from Europe and Millennium Final and it's back to business!

Jamie Knoble vs Yang

Tag Titles: The Sort of Boogie Knights vs The Perfect Event

Erection and Meng vs Storm and Duggan

Goldberg vs Kwee Wee

World Title: Booker T vs Lex Luger

The Franchise vs Buff Bagwell

AND SO MUCH MORE! 7:30 preshow, 8 PM Nitro!

We're back to https://synchtu.be/r/TheDJRanPosition

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 23, 2018

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Who is Kwee Wee

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Who is Kwee Wee

Angry Alan

Basically think Chris Kattan's Mango SNL character but a wrestler.

Also hes now partnering with Meng.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's also a guy who maintains his own wikipedia page and points out that his character was absolutely not homosexual for some reason. I guess similar to chris kattan still. Aw just jokeing around

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

he's also a guy who maintains his own wikipedia page and points out that his character was absolutely not homosexual for some reason. I guess similar to chris kattan still. Aw just jokeing around

I think it was the spiky hair, copious glitter, and hit pink outfits.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I did not understand the idea behind making sure people know the truth of the character merely trying to "seem" gay while being straight or bi or something, on that wiki. I guess it's been done a lot before though

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Erection and Meng vs Storm and Duggan

lmao oh my god

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Kwee Wee was pretty gay, but less gay than the Hardcore Soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I cannot wait to see Meng and/or Hugh Morris having to sell Duggan's offense. My god.