Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Endless Mike posted:

It's really poorly done, even ignoring the colors. Like, the idea could make for a fun tattoo by a good artist, but that is not by a good artist.

Apologies. I'm on a small cell phone. Is difficult to see line quality. Like, I JUST noticed the stupid smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Shoehead posted:

I guess the disfigured nipples don't really help identify the part of the body. Like reverse pareidolia

Eughhhh. I was hoping it wasn't that but looking closer I see it.

It's amazing how much a nipple can look like a tiny fist

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tasteless Tattoos: It's amazing how much a nipple can look like a tiny fist

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Oh now I see it.

And I wish I hadn't.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Takes No Damage posted:

Surely they can't walk around like that all the time, right?

:stare:

the tattoo isn't real it's over the necklace at the top. wonder what jesus thinks about all this though

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just remembered the tattoo that a guy I know from the army got to memorialize his sister. She killed herself and he wanted to pay tribute to her. I've got no problem with that, because I get where he's coming from and some tattoos are personal things. The problem though, is the placement of the memorial tattoo.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Worse than that he misspelled the name, you can still see the spellcheck.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I just remembered the tattoo that a guy I know from the army got to memorialize his sister. She killed herself and he wanted to pay tribute to her. I've got no problem with that, because I get where he's coming from and some tattoos are personal things. The problem though, is the placement of the memorial tattoo.

This one took me a moment because I looked at the picture before I read the context. Ooooh ouch.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yikes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Rotten Red Rod posted:

This one took me a moment because I looked at the picture before I read the context. Ooooh ouch.

This took me a lot longer because I thought it was one piece until just now.

Woof.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

sweeperbravo posted:

It's amazing how much a nipple can look like a tiny fist

I never thought I'd read these words in this order but here we are

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

whypick1 posted:

This took me a lot longer because I thought it was one piece until just now.

Woof.

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhh. gently caress.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah that's bad. Really bad.

Goddamn.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Code Jockey posted:

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhh. gently caress.

Would someone care to explain?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

areyoucontagious posted:

Would someone care to explain?

The memorial to his dead sister is right under a tattoo that reads "Mess with the Best Die like the Rest."

Guess we know why she died!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

sweeperbravo posted:

The memorial to his dead sister is right under a tattoo that reads "Mess with the Best Die like the Rest."

Guess we know why she died!

Oh drat. I couldn’t really read the text - why on earth would he do that?!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

areyoucontagious posted:

Oh drat. I couldn’t really read the text - why on earth would he do that?!

She messed with the best

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The "mess with the best" piece looks just as fresh as the memorial though?

On top of looking fresh (the redness in the middle part and around the top line of text in particular), why would you even have shaved that far up just to tattoo the memorial along the bottom?

It looks more likely they've both been done at once to me :confused:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

It looks more likely they've both been done at once to me :confused:

Yeah, probably? Don't see why that changes anything, it's a horrible decision either way.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm sure he hasn't made the connection, and telling him would be an awkward conversation at best

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Even if they were done at the same time it’s pretty loving weird

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm not saying it's better, I'm saying it's one thing to go "I already have a tattoo, I'm going to get another tattoo near it without really thinking about how that's going to look" and a completely different thing to go "I am going to get a tattoo about being a killer badass and then also put a memorial to my dead relative directly below it at exactly the same time"

If anything, clearly that's worse?

History Comes Inside! has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Apr 18, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nobody's thinking it's a promise to seek revenge?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
He probably got the other one touched up while getting the new one. I still want to sandblast his whole leg though.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The RIP is even the same font. We need to get in touch with this dude, theres too many questions.

E— the same font as the tattoo above it

Snowy has a new favorite as of 01:08 on Apr 19, 2018

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Maybe she was a sniper?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Oh poo poo, she messed with the best, but the best was herself.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That's one hell of a suicide joke at the expense of a supposedly beloved sister.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sentient Data posted:

Nobody's thinking it's a promise to seek revenge?

For a suicide? Harsh.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dude was not a smart guy. He got chaptered out of the army for smoking spice, the synthetic weed that was real popular for whatever reason. He got that back in late 2012 and when my platoon discovered that picture a couple of us asked him why he killed his sister. He got real mad at even the suggestion of such a thing and then blocked those involved. I re-added him as a friend on Facebook today on a whim because I had to show that to some of the other dudes in GiP. He still has the tattoo as far as I can tell, here is a more recent picture of it.

He isn't the sort of person that does any amount of self-reflection. His Facebook feed is depressing as all hell, him sharing his Adam Sandler trivia quiz scores and sharing posts from pages like "Infantry Army" which is just reposts of Turning Point USA, "Dysfunctional Veterans," and any update about any Houston-area sporting team.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Picnic Princess posted:

I never thought I'd read these words in this order but here we are

Each day we move a little farther from God's light.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sure looks like two separate pieces to me.

And boy howdy did whatever the hell was in the scope sure fade fast.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

Dude was not a smart guy. He got chaptered out of the army for smoking spice, the synthetic weed that was real popular for whatever reason. He got that back in late 2012 and when my platoon discovered that picture a couple of us asked him why he killed his sister. He got real mad at even the suggestion of such a thing and then blocked those involved. I re-added him as a friend on Facebook today on a whim because I had to show that to some of the other dudes in GiP. He still has the tattoo as far as I can tell, here is a more recent picture of it.

He isn't the sort of person that does any amount of self-reflection. His Facebook feed is depressing as all hell, him sharing his Adam Sandler trivia quiz scores and sharing posts from pages like "Infantry Army" which is just reposts of Turning Point USA, "Dysfunctional Veterans," and any update about any Houston-area sporting team.

jesus, that's depressing.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Scathach posted:

Maybe she was a sniper?

Or he was a sniper, and he shot her.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Scathach posted:

Maybe she was a sniper?

Or a cook in an army mess hall, and she was beaten to death with an overdone pot roast.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

artichoke posted:

jesus, that's depressing.

But in a way that explains everything

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
I can't stop laughing

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

synthetik posted:

I can't stop laughing

ICP meets Jason Voorhees meets a conehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Khazar-khum posted:

Or he was a sniper, and he shot her.

He was just a regular grunt. And he was bad at it. He only did a couple of patrols when he joined the platoon late in their deployment. His incessant whining (and trying to quit and be carried the final mile) earned him so much ire that his arm was "accidentally" broken while wrestling in the bay on an off day. He spent the next three or four months of his only deployment as a TOCroach (guy stuck on the radio because he couldn't be otherwise trusted).