Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
What are some optimal dives for tyro, onion, and iris? I’m trying to build a team around those three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

What are some optimal dives for tyro, onion, and iris? I’m trying to build a team around those three.

Onion Knight is gonna be your buffer, so the dps on your team is going to depend on whether you have his magic or physical buff relics.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Noteworthy that OK got a new usb3 on this jp fest that pretty much makes him Bartz but magic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Protip for Hades: he's essentially another dps race like Shadow Dragon. Black cauldron looks scary, but he doesn't do it until his 6th turn in phase 1, and until his 4th turn in phase 2 and 3. So if you have the dps to push his phases before then, you can just leave your sblinks and affliction break at home.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Raijin SSB is very good, but consider how much you need the Last Stand and Instacast effect. If you can survive without Last Stand, Aphmau/Relm USBs are arguably stronger options (outside of not being able to Lifesiphon).

One other advantage is that you can use the Hand of Vengeance passive to get a flat ~15% (23% if you have multiple I guess?) damage boost basically the whole fight if you're just relying on last stand to stay alive. Much more than the passive based on actually having HP.

eelmonger fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 18, 2018

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My latest single pull catch just now is Rikku BSB2. An EnWater on a character with Sharpshooter 5 access is never a bad thing, especially since my water tools are lacking.

Shame the relic itself is a horrendous stat stick. A shield with no ATK on it is pretty dire.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

saltylopez posted:

Yeah I currently have Relm USB and Noctis SSB for party instant cast and I have Edge SSB and Ovelia USB for instant Last stand. Those combined with only 69 mythril are making me unsure if it would be a good decision.

I've only managed to kill Ixion out of any 4 star magicites, but I'm now doubting that Raijin is gonna be the secret to defeating the remaining ones.

Firstly: Nice mythril.
Secondly: Yeah, you're good without Raijin SSB, even if only Noctis can gauge-charge (w/Lifesiphon) out of those four. The notable thing is unlike any of what you listed, Raijin's initial SSB cast isn't instant, and he lacks Celerity 5, so you'll either need to sit on his turns or wait for the 2.5 seconds any other Soul Break takes.

And the only time you absolutely need to lifesiphon up Last Stands is when you're doing Radiant Shield strategies on a boss, so yeah, that's not a solution at all.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It's been a while since Global hasn't known the banner going into an event, so here's the first of the FFI banners. Just editing in the new relic details. Master seems to have been shifted over to Banner 2 to make room for Wol and Meia's relics. There's still a small chance we'll get the two chain Banner 2, but it's not very likely.

Garland USB (Dark+ Sword) - 10-hit ST Dark/NE physical, Endark, Darkness Quickcycle, chase Darkness with 2-hit Dark/NE that heals 20% of damage inflicted
Sarah USB - ATK/MAG +30%, Hastega, Shellga, HP Stock 2000
Wol USB - 8-hit ST Ranged Attacks, Dispel, inflicts Crash [DES/RES -70%] for 8 seconds
Meia OSB - Water/NE Black Magic Overflow, Bonus damage on weakness

Meia BSB - 6-hit AoE Summon, EnWater, Burst Mode
  • C1: [OFF] MAG/DEF Bargain, Toggle ON; [ON] 4-hit AoE Water/NE Summon Damage
  • C2: [OFF] 4-hit ST Water/NE Summon Damage; [ON] Boosted damage
Wol BSB - 7-hit Random Physical ATK/MAG/DEF/RES -40%, Burst Mode
  • C1: 4-hit NE, 9% Stun chance
  • C2: 2-hit AoE, ATK/DEF -20%
Garland BSB1
Sarah BSB (Holy+ Robe)
Echo BSB2

Meia LMR - Start with Attach Water
Echo LMR - 25% chance to chase Dances with 30% HP Medica
Sarah LMR - 25% chance to chase Bard with Medica (cure strength like BSB Medica commands)
Garland LMR1 - Simple Trance: Once per battle below 20% HP, self full heal, 25 seconds Quickcast

Meia SSB - 9 ST Water/Ice/NE magical damage, self Magical Quickcast 4

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 19, 2018

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Okay, I did a smart thing and pulled on the Dream Burst banner. I managed to get a Snow Chain!

So I want to make my selection, and I'm down to a few choices:

Shadow, a good burst I don't have already, and a good guy to legend dive. My dark team is fairly stacked though, and I have stuff for Edge and Kelger for my ninja needs.
Reynn, an unintuitive choice, but she has a thrown magic weapon with ice boost that doesn't require synergy that would work great for Edea or Rinoa. Reynn by herself isn't great (for now, at least)
Water magic, for Gogo V or Strago. My current water team is phenomenal with Tidus and Bartz alone, but what if I need water magic for those 5* star magicites down the road?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

pichupal posted:

Echo LMR - 25% chance to chase Dances with 30% HP Medica
Sarah LMR - 25% chance to chase Bard with Medica (cure strength like BSB Medica commands)

That's odd. I have no clue whether I think these are cool or terrible.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So we're going to have like 4 FF1 banners live at the same time right

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

So we're going to have like 4 FF1 banners live at the same time right

It's looking like just two (or three if you count the FF1 Renewal Banner). The original Mobius banners would have been way too dated anyways, so it seems they just moved all the new relics from there (and Meia's OSB) to Banner 1, and shifted Master to banner 2, which we still don't know about.

Hopefully we still keep WoL and Garland's chains on Banner 2, but here's the safest bet of what'll be on that banner:

• Master USB
  • Matoya USB
  • [6*]
  • [6*]
  • Thief BSB
  • Garland BSB2 (Used to be on Banner 1 on the JP event, but I don't think they'll just drop this relic)
  • (Master BSB)
  • (Matoya BSB)
  • [WoL BSB] (Almost guaranteed)
  • [WoL LMR] (There aren't enough FF1 LMRs so it has to be WoL's, small chance to be Echo BSB1)
  • Master LMR
  • Matoya LMR
  • Thief LMR
  • Thief SSB

6* Relics are limited to: Garland OSB, Chain; WoL OSB, USB, Chain

edit: played with process of elimination a bit to fill in some blanks

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 19, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

wizard on a water slide posted:

That's odd. I have no clue whether I think these are cool or terrible.

Sarah LMR is legit a solid pull, given that she has Bard 5* (and thus 6*/Allegro Con Moto) access and a purely buff-minded USB. Slot her in on a magicite team as a buffer with the stacking 5* Bardsong of choice (and AcM, if you're running a mage team) and she can be the difference between needing a second healer or not.

Echo LMR is basically Mog/Penelo LM2 but worse, on a character with worse relics than Mog or Penelo. It's not bad in a vacuum, especially since it's a fixed amount of healing, but the reality is that you'll never have much reason to use it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

*dollar draw FFV reunion banner*

*disco shows up*

CHICKEN KNIFE I KNOW IT! FINALLY!

*gilgamesh OSB*

WELL I NEEDED A STAT STICK ANYWAY FOR FFV.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

2 frankenbanners will probably be better than what we would have gotten from 4 so I approve. Should only have 1 dupe apiece as well, maybe I'll pull on both

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
A double chain ff1 banner seems like a decent thing to throw 50 mythril at

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Though you need to weight it with our next fest 1 banner which will also have two chains - and imo a much better relic pool overall.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Though you need to weight it with our next fest 1 banner which will also have two chains - and imo a much better relic pool overall.

Which chains tho cuz i have a few but not holy or dark

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

fridge corn posted:

Which chains tho cuz i have a few but not holy or dark

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/76141091

Ramza and Seifer newchains, which are much better than WoL and Garlands. Same elements too.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ramza must consume all and be the all.
For his rear end is mighty and demands respect

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Attestant posted:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/76141091

Ramza and Seifer newchains, which are much better than WoL and Garlands. Same elements too.

Hmm that is something to consider

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Wait banner 1 in the next fest has 2 Chains, Orlandeau's USB, AND Godwall? :wow:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

Ramza must consume all and be the all.
For his rear end is mighty and demands respect

More like Onion Knight completely overshadowed his old niche as the best physical buffer, so they had to give Ramza something to do. :v:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Vonnie posted:

Wait banner 1 in the next fest has 2 Chains, Orlandeau's USB, AND Godwall? :wow:

Well, subject to change for gl - but yep. At least the 2 chains and Urara stuff (which is really good) is guaranteed since thats’s where they debut.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

saltylopez posted:

Onion Knight is gonna be your buffer, so the dps on your team is going to depend on whether you have his magic or physical buff relics.

I believe I have both. I know I have physical and I assume vessel of fate is magic?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

He has a second mage buff usb too - but his bsb should still be fine for magic teams.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Vessel of Fate is good for magic, melee or a mix since its +30% attack AND magic, it stacks with the USBs.

The commands hold up solidly in the damage department as well since it gives instacast and synergizes with his record dives.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

I believe I have both. I know I have physical and I assume vessel of fate is magic?

What sort of USBs or other good relics do you have for dps? If you have OK's physical USB then it looks like going physical would give you a stronger team based on the information we have so far.

Also if you're building the rest of the team around Tyro and Iris, then can we presume you have Iris bsb and Tyro's godwall relic?

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

saltylopez posted:

What sort of USBs or other good relics do you have for dps? If you have OK's physical USB then it looks like going physical would give you a stronger team based on the information we have so far.

Also if you're building the rest of the team around Tyro and Iris, then can we presume you have Iris bsb and Tyro's godwall relic?

Correct yes, I have that gear for Tyro/Iris. I’m not certain what precisely I have dps elsewhere because there’s no trainer that helpfully lists stuff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there any word yet on the release date for the new story mode stuff?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

So, just started playing a few days ago, I'm doing realm dungeons (also did some of the event dungeons for a change of pace), should I be spreading leveling out and level everyone up, such as adding people into their specific realm record for the XP boost, or are there specific characters I should definitely level up as soon as I get them?

Also, it seems really loving ezpz so far, I can basically put auto fight on until a boss and then hit boss with weakness (if needed) and master everything, i assume once I get out of the realm stuff (or go to expert mode) it gets harder?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bruceski posted:

Is there any word yet on the release date for the new story mode stuff?

Apparently we're waiting for the next fest in June.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Anyone want to help me make a last minute decision on OSB select? I already have TGCid and can sub30 the 4*s, so I'm mostly looking to improve my coverage for 5* magicite and savage mode:

Maria: Relevant character for a rare element.
Rydia: Covers multiple elements and can en-element 2 of them, also has dual-cast LM2.
Gladio: Rare element, but not sure how useful he is since he can only en-element and heavy/knight spam. +Fire sword is nice though.
Sephiroth: I can pick up his en-fire unique in the LoG, letting him cover 2 elements, plus he has a trance LM2.
Raines: Great finisher, but maybe his BSB spam is enough? Covers 2 elements.
Vayne: Would cover both physical and magic dark, have his BSB and LMR. Very nice stat stick too.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Vayne OSB is the best stat stick by a pretty wide margin.

Raines and TGC can use it, depending on whether you need physical or magical dark dps.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MF_James posted:

So, just started playing a few days ago, I'm doing realm dungeons (also did some of the event dungeons for a change of pace), should I be spreading leveling out and level everyone up, such as adding people into their specific realm record for the XP boost, or are there specific characters I should definitely level up as soon as I get them?

Also, it seems really loving ezpz so far, I can basically put auto fight on until a boss and then hit boss with weakness (if needed) and master everything, i assume once I get out of the realm stuff (or go to expert mode) it gets harder?

For realm dungeons and events just use whoever, the grunt of your xp will come from power up dungeons once you are at that point. Who to focus will also largely depend on what relics you'll pull. Though Cloud, Tyro and Olreandu are good candidates for leveling up anyway due to the record materia they drop.

Realm dungeons will remain an auto battle thing until some of the very late expert ones, but yep there's actual challenge to be had in nightmares/torments/magicides and at the top tier of the weekly events.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Avalerion posted:

For realm dungeons and events just use whoever, the grunt of your xp will come from power up dungeons once you are at that point. Who to focus will also largely depend on what relics you'll pull. Though Cloud, Tyro and Olreandu are good candidates for leveling up anyway due to the record materia they drop.

Realm dungeons will remain an auto battle thing until some of the very late expert ones, but yep there's actual challenge to be had in nightmares/torments/magicides and at the top tier of the weekly events.

Ok cool, so basically use realm dungeons to get everyone out of the extremely low level range.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MF_James posted:

Ok cool, so basically use realm dungeons to get everyone out of the extremely low level range.

Use them to farm stamina shards, orbs for abilities - and mythril mainly. Once you have 50 mythril ask the vets here if there's any good banner to pull on. Also obligatory Don't pull on newcomer banners!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MF_James posted:

The early stuff is going to be a pushover, and pretty much can stay a pushover if you keep on top of it (though I joined shortly before one of the 4-a-year fests so got a lot of freebies, so mileage may vary), until the top end. Even just starting you can go pretty far in the base mythril tiers of event dungeons, particularly using roaming warriors with strong stuff for the d100-ish ones. That should be a main target for beginners (aside from getting stamina shards off the normal dungeons) because they're time-limited, will usually give a full roster of characters for a realm (at least for the ones that don't have twenty guys), and are a generous source of mythril and level-cap crystals even at the early stages.

As for characters, main priority is going to go toward anyone you get relics for. Some are better than others, but for a beginner there are no bad relics (don't go crazy chasing some endgame new hotness, there'll be another one by the time you get there). That said there are sometimes bad banners to pull on, but the thread tends to discuss them when they come out, and nothing is so terrible you can't go for your favorite characters aside from the bleeding endgame.

The power progression in this game is pretty much:
--autoattack to victory
--start crafting/earning abilities (the current event dungeons can be very generous in this respect if you can get high enough, they usually give a 5* skill or two in the 120-ish tier)
--get SBs that synergize with particular skills/elements or parties (stat buffs/debuffs, elemental chasers, et cetera), start building teams to force-multiply
--get enough of a stable of characters that you can build teams to pinpoint-target whatever the boss is weak to

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 19, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I do have 50 mythril (more than that actually) which banners are good to pull right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

MF_James posted:

I do have 50 mythril (more than that actually) which banners are good to pull right now?

Actually, look for the "Realm Dungeon Lucky Draw". It's half-price and you get a random assortment of relics from a few set realms, one of which is much more modern than the others. It's a pretty good deal for a newcomer. Just avoid the things that literally say Newcomer.

• Locked thread