Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tree Dude posted:

I'm slowly catching up on the CW supershows I'm still watching . This Flashtime episode with the nuke was pretty good.

I think because it didn't feature Ralph or Devoe at all.

:thunk:

Ralph owns. Barry should have totally jammed the cargo container down his throat though. That would have contained the explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
lol if you think Ralph is actually dead and he won't come back via a classic "remember who you are" bit.

e: actually I'm really wondering why this season they even went with Ralph Dibny when it seems like 90% of his arc is much more Plastic Man than Elongated.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

lol if you think Ralph is actually dead and he won't come back via a classic "remember who you are" bit.

e: actually I'm really wondering why this season they even went with Ralph Dibny when it seems like 90% of his arc is much more Plastic Man than Elongated.

Oh, I'm betting on it. Same how I'm betting we haven't seen the last of Killer Frost. I'm just a sucker for cheap drama pops.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well yeah, that's why he was the last one. So when they save the day in the finale every personality can walk out of Digby's mouth one after the other like a red carpet gala.

lol j/k the others are for sure dead.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
This was an attractive episode made by attractive people.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Speedster Iris episode was a'ite. Harry pulling two names out of his rear end at the end because now he's extra smart was dumb.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh, I'm betting on it. Same how I'm betting we haven't seen the last of Killer Frost. I'm just a sucker for cheap drama pops.

Same and say what you will, this really makes me want to see DeVoe destroyed more than any of the others so far, though Izzy was close.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

nine-gear crow posted:

I still maintain that the ending of season 1 was one of the best endings ever. gently caress Eddie shooting himself made me gasp so loud.

Anyways, while Flashtime was a great episode it basically makes any other subsequent episode stupid.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Dibney was right, and it’s not like they haven’t murdered villains for less in the past. :argh:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tree Dude posted:

Speedster Iris episode was a'ite. Harry pulling two names out of his rear end at the end because now he's extra smart was dumb.
Twist: He becomes so smart that he realizes the Reverse Flash was right, and Barry Allen must be destroyed.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

FactsAreUseless posted:

Twist: He becomes so smart that he realizes the Reverse Flash was right, and Barry Allen must be destroyed.

He time travels back to the past and shoves Barry out of the way when he's about to get hit by lightning, and now Wells is the new Flash

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Why didn't the anti-meta handcuffs work on DeVoe this time? I don't remember a scene where they said "Oh great, we've fixed the problem with the cuffs from last time!" but then why is Ralph standing there with DeVoe with a big smile on his face thinking he's finally been captured?

I kinda spoiled myself on the ending because of DeVoe's body-stealing. It's a funny gimmick in terms of TV production, because they cast a bunch of cheap no-name actors for what are usually 1-episode parts playing the villain of the week, except because of DeVoe, they end up having to play the Big Bad Guy when he captures them at the end of their episode. The luck girl (Hazard?) is adorable but she was just not a great actor, and I remember thinking well, next week DeVoe's getting a new body because they're not letting her deliver all these important lines for longer than they have to. Same thing with this episode, I just knew DeVoe was going to escape somehow and steal Ralph's body, because they weren't having that random actor play their lead villain for the climax of the show. I assumed that was going to mean that the final episodes were going to be Ralph versus Barry though, I didn't realize they could just use Ralph's powers to put the original DeVoe actor back on screen again, which makes these scenes work a bit more. It always felt weird seeing a different person gloating with DeVoe's wife at the end of every episode.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

TwoPair posted:

I think it was just another case of "We wanted Plas but WB corporate said no, so we just combined him with Elongated Man instead" like they did with Ray Palmer, who was and still is mostly Ted Kord Blue Beetle.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Piell posted:

He time travels back to the past and shoves Barry out of the way when he's about to get hit by lightning, and now Wells is the new Flash

Either of these would be a major improvement

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Zutaten posted:

I think it was just another case of "We wanted Plas but WB corporate said no, so we just combined him with Elongated Man instead" like they did with Ray Palmer, who was and still is mostly Ted Kord Blue Beetle.

Elongated Man was also introduced in and had most of his early adventures in Flash comics, so it was an homage as well. It's just that Ralph was never a super intriguing character whereas Plas had the humor and the criminal background, so they mixed more of him into Ralph's DNA

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phenotype posted:

Why didn't the anti-meta handcuffs work on DeVoe this time? I don't remember a scene where they said "Oh great, we've fixed the problem with the cuffs from last time!" but then why is Ralph standing there with DeVoe with a big smile on his face thinking he's finally been captured?

I kinda spoiled myself on the ending because of DeVoe's body-stealing. It's a funny gimmick in terms of TV production, because they cast a bunch of cheap no-name actors for what are usually 1-episode parts playing the villain of the week, except because of DeVoe, they end up having to play the Big Bad Guy when he captures them at the end of their episode. The luck girl (Hazard?) is adorable but she was just not a great actor, and I remember thinking well, next week DeVoe's getting a new body because they're not letting her deliver all these important lines for longer than they have to. Same thing with this episode, I just knew DeVoe was going to escape somehow and steal Ralph's body, because they weren't having that random actor play their lead villain for the climax of the show. I assumed that was going to mean that the final episodes were going to be Ralph versus Barry though, I didn't realize they could just use Ralph's powers to put the original DeVoe actor back on screen again, which makes these scenes work a bit more. It always felt weird seeing a different person gloating with DeVoe's wife at the end of every episode.

His hacking powers allowed him to hack them before they were even put on him

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Whatever they're doing with Ralph, it better lead to him ending up on The Waverider.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was a bad episode, maybe the worst this season. Is Flash getting a new show runner? Because holy poo poo does this show need to be turned around.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Because holy poo poo does this show need to be turned around dumpstered.

I suggest that Barry can become a lumberjack! Great show-ending.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Phenotype posted:

Folded Man Devoe had Kilgore infected the cuffs before they went on him. He was just playing possum because he wanted to be a dick.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Once again this is all Barry's fault because he talked Ralph out of murdering DeVoe.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The Lord Bude posted:

His hacking powers allowed him to hack them before they were even put on him

jesus christ put harry on suicide watch pls

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

I believe this is the second time that Team Flash has been foiled by forgetting about Kilgore's power.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Phenotype posted:

jesus christ put harry on suicide watch pls

Harry having to deal with Davoe's plot invincibility must be tough. No matter what you do the guy wins.

Run him over with a truck? Guess what he is such a genius he managed to be hit in such a way that he is completely fine and also gets a huge insurance settlement.
Stab him 100 times? He calculated all 100 strikes years ago and bio-engineered a clone body specifically for the stabbing so that it wouldn't suffer any injuries.
Shoot him in the brain? Guess what he engineered his brain to metabolize lead so you are only feeding him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I am really disappointed Dibny hadn't moved his brain into his rear end or something.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I am really disappointed Dibny hadn't moved his brain into his rear end or something.

That's kind of why I'm thinking he has a Get Out Of DeVoe Free card hidden somewhere up his rubber rear end. I'm betting that Ralph has like the ultimate neuroplasticity and his consciousness is still in his brain somewhere and it's gonna literally bounce back and either boot DeVoe's mind out of him, or it's gonna be a tug of war between the two of them as Team Flash tries to figure out how to save Ralph and ice DeVoe for good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I will say though, morphing the Dooming Fork from the imprint was brilliant.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I want to say if Harry didn't succumb to his addiction and go for the helmet, poo poo wouldn't have gotten hacked.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

I want to say if Harry didn't succumb to his addiction and go for the helmet, poo poo wouldn't have gotten hacked.

Yeah what exactly was the plan there? Was Harry trying to somehow win the day via super-thinking? Or is it just like an addict going to do a whole mountain of coke in the face of danger?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Once again this is all Barry's fault because he talked Ralph out of murdering DeVoe.

Yeah as soon as Barry started that lecture I knew poor Ralph was toast.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If you have the chance to kill Hitler, you kill Hitler. It is the moral choice.

Iris has the right idea, she would have shot DeVoes wife dead as poo poo.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

twistedmentat posted:

If you have the chance to kill Hitler, you kill Hitler. It is the moral choice.

Iris has the right idea, she would have shot DeVoes wife dead as poo poo.

She shot Savitar last season to win the day. She should have been on Ralph's side in the "kill the badguy" plan.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Yeah what exactly was the plan there? Was Harry trying to somehow win the day via super-thinking? Or is it just like an addict going to do a whole mountain of coke in the face of danger?

I think the former but with a lot of the influence from being addicted to having all of the answers.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I mean, thanks to Barry the Hypocrite's bad advice, there's now a shapeshifting, dark matter-swapping, teleporting, dimension-hopping, size-changing, mass-manipulating, hacking, sonic-blasting, mind-reading, body-snatching, luck-manipulating animancer who has a human fountain of a love drug.

And yet he's still nowhere near as powerful as Diaz.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re totally turning Wells into Reverse Flash for next season.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

ApeHawk posted:

I mean, thanks to Barry the Hypocrite's bad advice, there's now a shapeshifting, dark matter-swapping, teleporting, dimension-hopping, size-changing, mass-manipulating, hacking, sonic-blasting, mind-reading, body-snatching, luck-manipulating animancer who has a human fountain of a love drug.

And yet he's still nowhere near as powerful as Diaz.

You don't get it

Diaz has already won

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet DeVoe is going to create another dark matter explosion, to create more metas he can drain for powers.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R2pFk7dAZ4

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Oh.
My.
God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Now there's a show that didn't deserve getting cancelled.