Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Lockback posted:

You have to be careful or else your beer will taste like Budweiser.

It reminded me of that dude on twitter who defended Trump's well done steaks with ketchup by saying well done steak is difficult to cook correctly so that's how he tests the chefs at his restaurants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The crazy thing is the Rockets still aren't shooting up to their standards from 3

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Intruder posted:

It reminded me of that dude on twitter who defended Trump's well done steaks with ketchup by saying well done steak is difficult to cook correctly so that's how he tests the chefs at his restaurants

Lol, what? I guess it is difficult to go "Oh poo poo, I forgot about the steak"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I was a cook at a steakhouse chain and let me tell you that trump voters and maybe americans in general prefer well done steaks as a majority and medium well and well done as a plurality

Plenty of ketchup moved through inventory too

Filet mignon special?? Well done with a-1 sauce all over it, like 80% of orders

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Dieng was on that championship in Louisville"

What championship team? ;)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think that tastes might be changing because as young millenials we've not been shown as many "you need to make chicken inedible and any color in your meat is deadly" than people who were alive in the 70s and early 80s

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

The rockets are playing good defense. Maybe not perfect but they're just swarming.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rockets need to stop heaving up long threes with 14 seconds left on the shot clock IMO

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

G-Hawk posted:

The rockets are playing good defense. Maybe not perfect but they're just swarming.

They are. The Wolves aren't getting their mismatches and KAT is bad again. Some of this is Wolves haven't executed since like 5 minutes left in the first, but the Rockets are doing a really good job messing up their offense.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think that tastes might be changing because as young millenials we've not been shown as many "you need to make chicken inedible and any color in your meat is deadly" than people who were alive in the 70s and early 80s

repairing the damage that 50s housewives had on cooking has taken awhile but we are nearly there yeah

e: now you have to beat back old people on grills and we will reach cooking utopia

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

why are these announcers wondering if blake was trapped. why would you trap the roll man on a pick and roll. are these announcers somehow unaware of what a trap is

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clint Capela my large adult son

e: lmao CP3 getting in the Wolves heads

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Might be the best defense I've seen the rockets play this year. At least since months ago. And mbah a moute is out.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Holy poo poo CP3

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lmao that scoop shot

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

That cp3 swagger

Guys this is hardens off night

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rockets are showing off. Wolves’ D is execrable

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

CP3 going full T'Challa

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003
Reggie Miller is worried about freak injuries to players and is also advocating for pointless hard fouls. Someone please kill this man.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

If I was at the game right now I'd try to start a joe chi chant

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PLAYOFFS CHRIS PAUL STRIKES AGAIN

Wait.

Also ZHOU loving QI

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joe Chee is in a playoff game :toot:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dejan Bimble posted:

I ate a pork chop today that was pink in the middle and you know what? It was drat delicious.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ZHOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ZHOU QI PLAYOFF BUCKETS

HOUSTON ROCKETS CHAMPIONSHIP

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

James Harden scored 12 points on 2/18 shooting and the Rockets won by 20 :lol:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Eric Gordon also played not especially well so it wasn't that either. CP3, Gerald Green, Clint, and Nene just ABUSED them.

Oh and we're still missing Ryno and LMAM. :getin:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Tonight felt good minus the hangover first quarter

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Intruder posted:

yeeesh

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

Tonight felt good minus the hangover first quarter

gently caress yeah. In that first quarter though, all I could think was OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN.

CP3 Clips never looked this dominant in the playoffs even in the first round did they? (Partly because they were only ever like, 4 seed).

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress yeah. In that first quarter though, all I could think was OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN.

CP3 Clips never looked this dominant in the playoffs even in the first round did they? (Partly because they were only ever like, 4 seed).

He has. Just last year even.

And the year before that.

And the one before that.

I'd consider 4 out of his 6 playoff appearances with the Clippers to be elite level.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Chris Paul has been elite at least 3 games of every series unfortunately playoff series are 7 games.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Intruder posted:

"Experts will tell you lagers like Budweiser are the most difficult beers to brew"

lmfao

Lager is actually really hard to brew because if you gently caress up it's super obvious and impossible to hide, according to my friends who have breweries, so this is actually true.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
TNT is showing e sports now
This is really stupid

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is really stupid

I don't understand why this is a thing that makes people mad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is really stupid

I feel like you could eventually get into Esports, you just need to find the game that you're into watching.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

He has. Just last year even.

And the year before that.

And the one before that.

I'd consider 4 out of his 6 playoff appearances with the Clippers to be elite level.

I didn't mean just Chris. I meant his teams.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

I don't understand why this is a thing that makes people mad.

I didn't say I was mad, I said it was stupid

Watching human beings reach peak athletic performance within a set of rules combined with the emotional attachment of home team association is a recipe for interesting telervision. Watching two well trained men of roughly the same size fight each other within a set of rules, with the better man leaving the winner (if it isn't rigged) is inherently interesting.

Watching some glasses wearing 20 year olds play video games, they're great at ganes, and they sell it to non gamers that it's like watching chess but with an anime girl and a robot and lots of purple and green. It seems very stupid and does nothing for me. I understand that rankings and leaderboards and progression are enticing if you play the same games.

When I couldn't sit or stand for a couple months after a back surgery I got the number one ps3 ranking (not exactly sure what it meant but that's what it said) in saints row 3. I wouldn't have wanted to watch myself play saints row 3.

I can appreciate people playing football even though I never played past flag football. The same goes for olympic sports. Even judged sports.

The more I think about it, I think I'm repelled because it seems bad for society to entice kids even further into the gamer lifestyle, because it's terrible, and they should be outside hitting each other with sticks and not staring at screens for 16 hours a day in the hopes of one day getting 30k a year to be a pro sacramento kings NBA 2KXX player.

That's my opinion, like what you want to like.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

Lager is actually really hard to brew because if you gently caress up it's super obvious and impossible to hide, according to my friends who have breweries, so this is actually true.

there's a reason every microbrew starts out with a bunch of IPAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Rockets bitch

• Locked thread