Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Pato posted:

A favourite of mine is Larry the Cable Guy colon Health Inspector (ep. 247). Especially after watching that horrendous celluloid abortion they tried to pass off as a movie. It’s one of their best and the movie is almost a “see it to believe it”. The episode has lots of Larry impressions obviously but there’s some great Joey Pants stuff too.

I think the Dick Beer segment in that episode is the funniest thing in the history of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Them going through the bumper stickers is a favorite of mine. Especially when Stephen kind of throws in “mass shootings don’t bother me at all”.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Violator posted:

I think the Dick Beer segment in that episode is the funniest thing in the history of the show.

oh god, you just reminded me of that :lol:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

My personal favorites so far in no particular order:

- Demolition Man (Stallone impressions, especially the "Save Tonight" bit)
- Bee Movie (for just the right amount of political humor and the Bee puns, especially "Steve Beenon")
- Jungle 2 Jungle (again, the Seagal/Depardieu/Snowden sitcom. "Listen to me you fat gently caress, it's called the chore wheel")
- Batman Forever (no particular reason)
- Batman vs Superman (anytime they mock the Kentucky senator)
- Ducktales (them finally calling out Scrooge McDuck for the miserly bastard he is, the nephews impressions. "I could have you killed!")
- Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (the "probably Secundus" gag)

Jungle 2 Jungle and Wildhogs were both great back to back episodes. Maybe it has something to do with Tim Allen being the most hated man by the group.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Say what you will but Godzilla is their most incredible episode because the movie gives them so much to work with and the fatasses are firing on all cylinders the entire time

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Steve is on Talking Simpsons next week or this week if you have the Patreon. It's funny to hear him dive into a WHM like bit without three other goons picking it up and running with it.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 19, 2018

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Abraxas is usually the episode I introduce people to the podcast with. You don’t even really need to have seen the movie; they explain the narrative well enough, and it has some great riffing and impressions. It’s like entry level for the tone of the entire show, in my opinion.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The very end of the Grown Ups 2 episode is also fantastic. Eric is reading some IMDB reviews and his delivery is seriously among the greatest things I’ve ever heard.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Anyone know why Eric wasn't on the recent episode?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Do not worry about Eric Szyszka.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Inkspot posted:

Oh nooooooo

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

They completely overlooked the awful line by Hurt in the Lost in Space ep, “I love you, wife.”

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

BigglesSWE posted:

The very end of the Grown Ups 2 episode is also fantastic. Eric is reading some IMDB reviews and his delivery is seriously among the greatest things I’ve ever heard.

“Pretty drat jokes” has stuck with me forever.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Is Justin Case that dude's birth name. Because goddamn that is some top tier parent trolling there if so.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's a great episode. You're doing yourself a disservice with that attitude.

Eric or bust

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Is Justin Case that dude's birth name. Because goddamn that is some top tier parent trolling there if so.

Pretty sure, yes. Because they also call him Justin J. Case, which to me leans to birth name.

ravenkult posted:

Eric or bust

You're seriously missing out.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Fart City posted:

Abraxas is usually the episode I introduce people to the podcast with. You don’t even really need to have seen the movie; they explain the narrative well enough, and it has some great riffing and impressions. It’s like entry level for the tone of the entire show, in my opinion.

Abraxas was great. Only sad part is that it didn't have Jesse Ventura with a bandana and moustache.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Inkspot posted:

Yeah, there's a new Hooked on TJ Hooker today, so I think he's fine (he mentions that he was travelling)

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I didn't really dig the Wild Hogs or Shrek episodes. Can't judge the Jungle 2 Jungle episode because I'm not on Patreon (YET) but I like it more when they're exasperated, confused, or incredulous. When they're straight-out angry at a movie, it's a little tougher to like because they seem too mad to joke, and I just want the boys to be having a good time entertaining us. The Lost in Space episode was better because of this. IMO.

In terms of "new classic" episodes, Ninja 3: The Domination holds a special place in my heart. (Andrew acting like he's getting in the mood for some "toy-play" and then it actually turns out to be V8 juice is solid gold) Also, I don't know the goon consensus on it, but "Loose Loomis" and the Curse of Michael Myers episode is an all-timer. I also really dig the Sidekicks episode.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Captain Hotbutt posted:

In terms of "new classic" episodes, Ninja 3: The Domination holds a special place in my heart. (Andrew acting like he's getting in the mood for some "toy-play" and then it actually turns out to be V8 juice is solid gold) Also, I don't know the goon consensus on it, but "Loose Loomis" and the Curse of Michael Myers episode is an all-timer. I also really dig the Sidekicks episode.

My favourite bit in Sidekicks is how young Eric(?) assumed Chuck Norris was a star because "they made a whole movie about him!"

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
the Wild Hogs episode reminded me that I've seen that movie at least a dozen times and someday I should totally request the 2006 Robin Williams classic RV, another movie that I've seen like a dozen times.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DoubleCakes posted:

My favourite bit in Sidekicks is how young Eric(?) assumed Chuck Norris was a star because "they made a whole movie about him!"

I probably would have made the same assumption, to be honest

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i mean, is it really that unfair to say Chuck Norris had a good decade and a half or so of genuine stardom? like, i'd say from the Cannon Films era through to Walker: Texas Ranger, he was pretty much a household name

e: yeah, Sidekicks was '92, so it would have been at the tail end of "everybody knows who Chuck Norris is" and at the beginning of "mostly dorks know who Chuck Norris is"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i mean, is it really that unfair to say Chuck Norris had a good decade and a half or so of genuine stardom? like, i'd say from the Cannon Films era through to Walker: Texas Ranger, he was pretty much a household name

e: yeah, Sidekicks was '92, so it would have been at the tail end of "everybody knows who Chuck Norris is" and at the beginning of "mostly dorks know who Chuck Norris is"

No, even in the 80s only dorks knew him. He was always on the C-level and having a friday?/saturday? night show on CBS doesn't change that. Donnie Whalberg is not on the A-list because Blue Bloods is in the top 10.

edit: if you added "becoming a household name" into Chuck Norris' wiki page to win this argument I would be pissed. Being the money maker for Cannon Films doesn't mean you're a loving star.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 22, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

he got a cartoon in the 80s hes a bigshot

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/comments/8e0xii/nighthawks_at_muldoons_by_pl_boucher/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

holy poo poo

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
That's incredible. I especially love Chris holding his favorite movie and Steve being horrified by the fish lady.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Oh god it's ZOO, he's holding ZOO

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Stairmaster posted:

he got a cartoon in the 80s hes a bigshot

True, but technically your example Donnie Wahlburg had a cartoon around that same era as well. (Future Animation Damnation?)

E: Holy moly that painting is incredible! :swoon:

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 23, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
seriously this is the first i'm hearing of the idea that Norris wasn't, like, just barely under Ahnuld and Stallone in popularity through most of the 80s. i'm aware that unlike Ahnuld and Stallone none of Norris' movies even remotely hold up, but i was under the impression people still went and saw them in droves even though they sucked.

(I put Walker forth as pretty much the absolute tail end of his stardom and the beginning of his transition to "Fox News nutcase who can apparently kick people," I wasn't trying to claim he was famous for it- more for the Cannon movies if anything)

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I didn't even realize Charles Norris made movies, I thought he just did Walker: Texas Lawman or whatever it was called.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

clown shoes posted:

I didn't even realize Charles Norris made movies, I thought he just did Walker: Texas Lawman or whatever it was called.

Are you serious?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

seriously this is the first i'm hearing of the idea that Norris wasn't, like, just barely under Ahnuld and Stallone in popularity through most of the 80s. i'm aware that unlike Ahnuld and Stallone none of Norris' movies even remotely hold up, but i was under the impression people still went and saw them in droves even though they sucked.
No, the highest box office Chuck Norris ever pulled was ~20 million. To put that in perspective; that's about half a Steven Seagal movie. Chuck Norris was always a c-Lister at best.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are you serious?

Yeah, I've never seen or heard of any of his movies. I've never seen any Steven Seagall movies either. Not my thing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

clown shoes posted:

Yeah, I've never seen or heard of any of his movies. I've never seen any Steven Seagall movies either. Not my thing.

He was a villain in a Bruce Lee movie.

His Cannon output is the stuff dreams are made of.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 23, 2018

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
So...

Brimley on the horse
Pippi with the gun
Barry B Benson and Parademons above the street
Louie and Larry drinking at the end of the bar
Brainscan villain and Stan Lee near the door

Lmao the Domino's guy on the ground. Is that a random whoever or a reference to an ep like Pet Sematary 2 or something?

Who's walking under the rain cloud?

kalensc fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 23, 2018

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That’s Cloudy raining on David Schwimmer

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is that Blame It On Rio's Michael Caine facedown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Corek posted:

Is that Blame It On Rio's Michael Caine facedown?

I thought it was mugshot Nick Nolte, based on the Hawaiian shirt.