Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Somberbrero posted:

you must be Miranda Wright because this is BONKERS. throwing shade based off a night kill is unsubstantiatable in the best of circumstances but given all the crazy rear end bullshit that happened at end of day i dunno where you're coming from on this.

i'm not sure if that's scummy but i think it's a stretch at least.

Can you elaborate on the end of day bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

No, but I am saying that two players who died had posted negatively about rock. I think rock may have killed one of them.

Might as well go for a smug called shot, I think it could be Rock killed AS, Yami killed Shark.

So your case hinges on the fact that the two posters who were going after me have died. One of them you've later admitted; that due to new information from AA doesn't make sense

CCKeane posted:

I believe AA, which would eliminate AS's death from my reasoning.

This points me stronger toward Rock.

RF's recent posts are bad and I think he may be doubling down from my call out on him day one.

Yet somehow this makes it more likely that I killed Shark?

CCKeane posted:

As opposed to culling low post count posters.

You yourself admit that it's an odd kill choice for a scum team to make. So what would they have to gain by making that choice? I dunno maybe they were trying to set this whole thing up and are now laughing their asses off at us flailing around at each other

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Where are all the other players? We had our first night and some of them had night actions that should have given them some leads

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Yeah the kill choice makes no sense to me either.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

So your case hinges on the fact that the two posters who were going after me have died. One of them you've later admitted; that due to new information from AA doesn't make sense

Yet somehow this makes it more likely that I killed Shark?

You yourself admit that it's an odd kill choice for a scum team to make. So what would they have to gain by making that choice? I dunno maybe they were trying to set this whole thing up and are now laughing their asses off at us flailing around at each other

What.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jeez guys, try not to trip over yourself to all go post at once.

##vote Retro Futurist

I don't like his tripling down on Krell, his refusal to talk about anything else in the game (several of you are guilty of this), and I don't like that he threatened me with being cased but disappeared when I encouraged him to do so.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Retro Futurist

I don't like his tripling down on Krell, his refusal to talk about anything else in the game (several of you are guilty of this), and I don't like that he threatened me with being cased but disappeared when I encouraged him to do so.

I'd go there, yeah.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Retro Futurist

As hard as Opop can be to read I don’t disagree with this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I'm being setup to take a fall

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Who's bussing you, then?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah one more vote and then someone will be voting you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

seems like a lot of effort to frame high-volume poster Rock

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nice.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Retro Futurist

Ive spoken about several other people, as I mentioned last time you accused me of that

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Ive spoken about several other people, as I mentioned last time you accused me of that

RF hasn't even posted, smh, smh.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of suspect that’s what sandy has been doing. I am an easy target since I tend to be short and direct, which can come across as lurking, so even when I’m doing stuff it’s usually a safe bet to case me for content lurking or tunnelling

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

I kind of suspect that’s what sandy has been doing. I am an easy target since I tend to be short and direct, which can come across as lurking, so even when I’m doing stuff it’s usually a safe bet to case me for content lurking or tunnelling

Why sandy and not me?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You were on me early and for other reasons

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, I've been disconnected from thread given what has transpired.

I'll try to get in some reads tomorrow.

Hot takes:

I still think Rock looks suspicious , but their posting has made them look a little bit better as of late, although a bit self-conscious. Don't know if that's a trying scum thing or a self-centered town thing. I know I've been on both sides of that coin.

What?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I could still maybe see Sandwolf. I go back and forth on inquisitor authority being trying scum or commanding town.

Gut says town, but I also don't see the RF stuff.

I need to read Keane. I had a couple :thunk: moments at some of their earlier posts.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I imagine the zealots are probably hanging back.

I was going to play video games but w.e.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah, I think Keane is scum. I'll blow up your datapad with the deets later.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

You're not just "short and direct", you're... not really doing much. You're "policy voting" Krell, which isn't doing anything useful to anyone. Going by your post history you also haven't really done anything except throw a few suspicions here and there, without explaining them at all.

I'm with Sandwolf here, honestly.

After closer look (I wanted to make a case yesterday but I got swamped at work, and I just couldn't really find any new info to use anyway, since posting was so slow), I'd be willing to either vote for Retro or Nut. I'll have another look before the deadline, but these are the votes I'm feeling right now.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
You know what? At this point, I feel comfortable enough to vote for Retro Futurist for their constant attacks on me.

##vote Retro Futurist

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yeah, I think Keane is scum. I'll blow up your datapad with the deets later.

Nah.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Probably the best defensive I've seen in a mafia game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack old friend, lend us your wisdom

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Assuming the deadline is correct, I won't be able to be there on time, so I'll vote my pick now. ##vote Retro Futurist

But again would also vote Nut, but Retro seems to be the likely lynch here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I could still maybe see Sandwolf. I go back and forth on inquisitor authority being trying scum or commanding town.

Gut says town, but I also don't see the RF stuff.

I need to read Keane. I had a couple :thunk: moments at some of their earlier posts.

Sandwolf is playing the same as he normally does I think. I thought he was scum last game for doing mostly the same stuff he was doing here and he was town that time

I’d like to think RF would try more as scum but who knows, he certainly doesn’t seem to give a drat about what we do in this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Where are all the other players? We had our first night and some of them had night actions that should have given them some leads

I mean the OP said there were NO night actions in this game soooooo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Still kinda want to vote AA. He likes to gambit (see Westworld) and he very well could be doing something here

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

You’re right I’m letting Kaene get in my head, mea culpa

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean the OP said there were NO night actions in this game soooooo

Well the literal quote is:

This is a very role-lite mafia game. There are extremely limited night actions - i.e. there are no night actions beyond the killing.

We already know due to AA’s claim that there are other actions. How they work on the other hand is up in the air

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

Still kinda want to vote AA. He likes to gambit (see Westworld) and he very well could be doing something here

I still have an issue with them throwing away a guaranteed win. Like who does that?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Mafia edit: if we take AA’s claim at face value that is

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Only I'd truly gain nothing here. I was scum making a gambit to appear town.

Here I am town offering up information because i have become 3p.

Also there were inconsistencies in my posting in Westworld and I scum slipped 2x and claimed even.

It's a different game and a very different situation.

My tone from day 1 versus the change and immediacy with my claim on day 2 should be proof of that alone.

I don't know if Keane is being Keane, but I feel like there are some logical gaps in their posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Only I'd truly gain nothing here. I was scum making a gambit to appear town.

Here I am town offering up information because i have become 3p.

Also there were inconsistencies in my posting in Westworld and I scum slipped 2x and claimed even.

It's a different game and a very different situation.

My tone from day 1 versus the change and immediacy with my claim on day 2 should be proof of that alone.

I don't know if Keane is being Keane, but I feel like there are some logical gaps in their posts.

So you are 3P now? You don't win with town?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I've been made aware that my death is guaranteed, and I got to choose whether I went into the airlock to die a martyr as town, and possibly still win or to infect another player and definitely win as 3P.

I chose the former.

Hmmmmm

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mind explaining that one a bit more, AA? Are you 3P now after all? Or town? Make up your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Semantics. 3p that wins with town or 3p that wins as 3p.

• Locked thread