Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Semantics. 3p that wins with town or 3p that wins as 3p.

It is not semantics. If you still win with town, what other requirements do you have? Because it essentially sounds like you are saying your alignment is town, but with a different name.

Does your alignment name remain the same if you opt to wreck everybody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

I believe AA, which would eliminate AS's death from my reasoning.

This points me stronger toward Rock.

RF's recent posts are bad and I think he may be doubling down from my call out on him day one.

Ok. Good, as you should...

CCKeane posted:

AA's claim is super weird. It's also going to become irrelevant tomorrow. The only question is if we think there's more utility in executing him if there's a whacky gambit, or letting him die and voting him tomorrow if he remains.

I'm very comfortable with the latter.

very next post

What a twist!

You aren't doing scum hunting.

I'm almost certain you are scum.

You ask some prodding questions that give the illusion of being engaged, but I don't think you're actually making a real effort and doing satisfactory work to avoid suspicion.

The only thing that gives me pause is the timing of your posts which almost appears organic.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've been calling it 3p, but in truth it is a role change. I've gone from vanilla to unidentified alien virus but my alignment is not changed.

The choice to stay town or 3p doesn't even refer to them as such. It is just flavor that is worded that no other understanding could be derived from it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Just for sake of mafia discussion this role is actually 3p even if it doesn't call itself that. Hence me describing it as such.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Retro Futurist (3): Sandwolf, Harold Krell, Yami Fenrir
Harold Krell (1): Retro Futurist

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Nutsack Rangoon, Somberbrero, zzyzx

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 19th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 49 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Hmm... Leaning towards trusting AA more than Keane here, but I think I'll keep my vote on RF for now.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I'd be okay voting Retro and wouldn't fight against AA very hard.

Retro's going to vote Krell again tomorrow, and then again the day after that, and generally use it as an excuse not to do much else. I'd prefer this one.

I don't disbelieve AA's claim, but it sounds like (if true) he's going to die anyway. Lynching him may keep an extra player alive, guarantee a flip that's not obscured, and prevent any potential shenanigans with the claim we don't know about.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I was going to just say what zzyzx mentioned, which is that, if we lunch him, we get an unobscured flip, and maybe gain some knowledge on this thing. But if we do that, we've effectively given away our lunch to whoever's doing this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What a twist!

You aren't doing scum hunting.

I'm almost certain you are scum.

You ask some prodding questions that give the illusion of being engaged, but I don't think you're actually making a real effort and doing satisfactory work to avoid suspicion.

The only thing that gives me pause is the timing of your posts which almost appears organic.

I actually have felt kind of similarly with Keane. He's been posting a lot, and relatively organically, but he seems to go back and forth on opinions, or at least make his comments of support or assault vague enough as to be not clearly one way or another.

CCKeane posted:

Man, if town loses day two because we don't execute AA I'm going to shrug and say it was going to be a difficult game to win anyway.

If AA is around tomorrow, we can off him.

What is this post saying? Is it suggesting we lunch AA or not?

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nutsack old friend, lend us your wisdom

I don't know I'm really disinterested & don't really have a scum read on anyone

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

Don't see any point in lynching AA today

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
:justpost:
:orb:
:justpost:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Don't see any point in lynching AA today

what do you reckon? Is he scummy? Town? Do you think he's pulling a gambit? Do you believe what he's saying?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I actually have felt kind of similarly with Keane. He's been posting a lot, and relatively organically, but he seems to go back and forth on opinions, or at least make his comments of support or assault vague enough as to be not clearly one way or another.

What is this post saying? Is it suggesting we lunch AA or not?

It's pretty clearly saying we shouldn't execute him, because if he is alive tomorrow he was lying, and if we lose because we executed somebody day three instead of day two, it's likely not a game town could really win anyway.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

zzyzx posted:

I'd be okay voting Retro and wouldn't fight against AA very hard.

Retro's going to vote Krell again tomorrow, and then again the day after that, and generally use it as an excuse not to do much else. I'd prefer this one.

I don't disbelieve AA's claim, but it sounds like (if true) he's going to die anyway. Lynching him may keep an extra player alive, guarantee a flip that's not obscured, and prevent any potential shenanigans with the claim we don't know about.

I'd agree with the first part of this, though I think executing AA is more of a misstep.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hmm... Leaning towards trusting AA more than Keane here, but I think I'll keep my vote on RF for now.

Why do you think it has to be one or the other?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Why do you think it has to be one or the other?

Because I agree with their assessment of you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Because I agree with their assessment of you.

You didn't say that, you said you believed him over me. I don't think AA is a worthwhile execution, and while I've certainly prodded to figure out ambiguities, I haven't proposed voting him.

What did AA say about me that you believe? Merely his case? It's an odd word choice, and seems set up so that if AA dies and his words on his alignment were true, you have an easy case on me based on the either or situation set up there.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

You didn't say that, you said you believed him over me. I don't think AA is a worthwhile execution, and while I've certainly prodded to figure out ambiguities, I haven't proposed voting him.

What did AA say about me that you believe? Merely his case? It's an odd word choice, and seems set up so that if AA dies and his words on his alignment were true, you have an easy case on me based on the either or situation set up there.

So do you think yami or I am setting you up here??

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yes, I think Yami is setting something up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I will agree it doesn't look good what Yami did.

They were quick to jump on the perceived "slip", like Keane, but now are framing it as if Keane and I alone had a spat and our alignments could be discerned by our flips. It is framing that into something binary.

It does look not good.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm here, trying to catch up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hm, that's underwhelming. i feel like rf and harold are both super lazy votes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I will agree it doesn't look good what Yami did.

They were quick to jump on the perceived "slip", like Keane, but now are framing it as if Keane and I alone had a spat and our alignments could be discerned by our flips. It is framing that into something binary.

It does look not good.

I never said anything about youralignment other than your 3P stuff? That's Keane. And what am I supposed to do, not notice you calling yourself 3P after you claiming you were still town? Who am I supposed to be setting up here? Keane, who you called scum first, or you, who I've agreed with before since your info seemed plausible enough to make you seem town, but then wrote something completely different?

I think you're underselling that 3P thing by just calling it semantics. But I still trust your word for what it is, now that you clarified, as long as you actually die at the end of the day from that infection of yours.

My vote's going to remain on RF, and won't change since I'll be dead asleep when the deadline hits.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

I never said anything about youralignment other than your 3P stuff? That's Keane. And what am I supposed to do, not notice you calling yourself 3P after you claiming you were still town? Who am I supposed to be setting up here? Keane, who you called scum first, or you, who I've agreed with before since your info seemed plausible enough to make you seem town, but then wrote something completely different?

I think you're underselling that 3P thing by just calling it semantics. But I still trust your word for what it is, now that you clarified, as long as you actually die at the end of the day from that infection of yours.

My vote's going to remain on RF, and won't change since I'll be dead asleep when the deadline hits.

Yeah I'm a dead man, unfortunately.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why are we talking about aa? he's dying at end of day right? if he doesn't we just vote him tomorrow. maybe there's some other weird mechanic at play but we can't anticipate that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

why are we talking about aa? he's dying at end of day right? if he doesn't we just vote him tomorrow. maybe there's some other weird mechanic at play but we can't anticipate that.

Because what if letting him live into the night means another person gets whatever he has and the next person doesn’t tell us.

Do you think outside of that claim he’s been posting pretty townie? Because really that should be the criteria over a claim like this anyway

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

This is where I stand.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well I hope you don't all end up sorry

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because what if letting him live into the night means another person gets whatever he has and the next person doesn’t tell us.

Do you think outside of that claim he’s been posting pretty townie? Because really that should be the criteria over a claim like this anyway

the key phrase there is 'what if.' it's a possibility but we can't just worry about what might happen.

##vote retro i don't see anything else happening.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
vote is at -2

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote RF I just passed a very tough training test and I am going out for a fancy dinner to celebrate so may not be back.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh wait I am on the East Coast and there is still lots of time, ##unvote I kind of want to look over everything again

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I will not be around this evening, as I will be dodging balls.

##vote: RF

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

CCKeane posted:

It's pretty clearly saying we shouldn't execute him, because if he is alive tomorrow he was lying, and if we lose because we executed somebody day three instead of day two, it's likely not a game town could really win anyway.

this

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Retro Futurist (5): Sandwolf, Harold Krell, Yami Fenrir, Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane
Harold Krell (1): Retro Futurist

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Nutsack Rangoon, zzyzx

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 19th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 57 minutes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
3.5 hours until the killing time (unless you all bring it about sooner).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mehhhhhh ##vote RF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mehhhhhh ##vote RF

• Locked thread