Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

If posts like that can provide funding for a AAA game (albeit a very barebones one) than we need more of them to fund other, better projects.

Somewhere in a Capcom office a monkey's paw curls one of its fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everyone who picks this character in a video game is a legitimate pedophile who wants to gently caress kids - a sane person

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There is nothing AAA about SF5

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I wish her design was less boring but if you don't get excited about a charge character with reverse charges and actually good moves you're bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

there is if you go by jp notations :bustem:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

everyone who picks this character in a video game is a legitimate pedophile who wants to gently caress kids - a sane person

they didn't say they were pedophiles because they played vatista, they said they had pedophile NICKNAMES

which to be fair is a situation that might happen

also people do get weird about lolis on the mb discord and i need to remind them i will send prints to our fbi

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

In an age of paid alphas and betas, it sure as hell is.

Dias posted:

they didn't say they were pedophiles because they played vatista, they said they had pedophile NICKNAMES

which to be fair is a situation that might happen

also people do get weird about lolis on the mb discord and i need to remind them i will send prints to our fbi

Jesus christ, the police shoot at civilians via helicopters in a busy city, what the gently caress would the Brazilian feds do?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Endorph posted:

Look maybe LoliMaiko is a great guy irl and totally innocuous but all i have to go on is his name and appearance to go by and my snap judgements :twisted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
why would you play bizarro guile when there's a motherfucker with a giant scythe and a hot bod and hilda-sama anyway

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dias posted:

why would you play bizarro guile when there's a motherfucker with a giant scythe and a hot bod and hilda-sama anyway

Because Bizzarro Guile hates sonic booms and loves Bizzaro Bison.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I was just exaggerating to make a joke, sorry for creating SF5 and accusing all Vatista players of having sex with children, even though I don't think I did either of those things.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MrJacobs posted:

Jesus christ, the police shoot at civilians via helicopters in a busy city, what the gently caress would the Brazilian feds do?

Our feds aren't too bad because that other police is literally a military force. They mostly arrest politicians and AH players (with the help of our actually civilian police).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dias posted:

If my friends pick Gord I will fly across the world to punch them in the arm

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ive been playing unist a good amount lately and i like eltnum

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sharrrk posted:

ive been playing unist a good amount lately and i like eltnum

She's really good and has a neat mechanic. I always forget she has a reverse DP slide thingy.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like the part of her combos where she kicks people up with it then kicks them back down in the back of their dumb head. everything about it is satisfying

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like shooting at their feet and hollering like yosemite sam.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Can't believe nobody here is talking about the new Darkstalkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_4v1zEWgWo

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Gavok posted:

Why does the Frankenstein monster have a hammer and gun? He should just throw little girls at enemies and bear hug them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Gavok posted:

🔫🔫🔫

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MrJacobs posted:

In an age of paid alphas and betas, it sure as hell is.

SF5 was a paid beta in all but name for, what, two years?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

SF5 was a paid beta in all but name for, what, two years?

Whenever story mode came out and everything actually worked for once.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Only one of those things happened.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Only one of those things happened.

No, everything on the menu functioned properly at that point, nothing was greyed out. The quality isnt great but thats a totally different discussion.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Did they ever do anything about the netcode in SF5? Despite its other faults, I probably would've put a decent amount of time into it if it had ever been playable online for me.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
It's netcode is somehow even worse than before.

Least before I was able to do specials with some modicum of consistency.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bad sfv connections are common and insanely bad

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

How do reverse charges work, is like like you gatling 6ABC and then 4A or something?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Reiley posted:

How do reverse charges work, is like like you gatling 6ABC and then 4A or something?

pretty much, one of the things that make vatista really cool is that she has a bunch of moves that have lots of hits specifically so she has time to pick what charge she wants

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

darealkooky posted:

pretty much, one of the things that make vatista really cool is that she has a bunch of moves that have lots of hits specifically so she has time to pick what charge she wants

Does she have a [2]8 charge as well? Or does she not have command normals to facilitate reverse charges? I'm a charge-liker and I'm actually really fascinated by this mechanic now.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Saki in Arcana Heart 3 also has charge moves for up and forward.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Veib posted:

every drat direction iirc

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

One of my favorite things about Melty Blood is characters have so many specials on every direction forwards and back that you can input literally any common motiona and press any button and you'll get a special no matter what. Everyone's got a reverse dp or whatever else.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Veib posted:

i paid those pricks 30 goddamn blessed american usd the greatest currency in human history to get shark girl and they still haven't delivered

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
seriously god drat it capcom when we said we wanted a new Street Fighter Alpha we didn't mean we wanted a new Street Fighter alpha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MrJacobs posted:

downback

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

downback

It’s an overhead

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

capcom is killing puzzle fighter mobile already

despite being p2w I thought it was kind of fun

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who will care for hydrocephalic ryu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

lamentable dustman posted:

capcom is killing puzzle fighter mobile already

despite being p2w I thought it was kind of fun

It was kinda fun in that there was a kinda decent game buried under it's mobile-itis.

It's cool that the biggest and most profitable gaming platform is mostly entirely taken over by companies that realized that the most effective way to generate income is usually some combination of nurturing and abusing addictive personalities and intentionally poor game design based on never ending carrot on a stick treadmills.

Puzzle Fighter's issue was that it was a half measure. Too mobile and pay to win for the traditional game crowd, too interactive for the mobile crowd. Oh, and "too designed by 2017 Capcom" to be a good game, I guess.