Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SquirrelGrip posted:

will the free game pass trial still be about for state of decay 2?

Its available to all accounts the first time they subscribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Auron posted:

is this the classic gaming thread?

Since classic Xbox games are the only thing that separate the Xbox One from all of the other consoles, it might as well be.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

I said come in! posted:

Since classic Xbox games are the only thing that separate the Xbox One from all of the other consoles, it might as well be.

You forgot the lack of quality first party games!

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 20, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

You forgot the lack of quality first party games!

But Crimson Skies came out?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
and Panzer Dragoon Orta!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

and Panzer Dragoon Orta!

Not first party, but it is exclusive.

Like Otogi.

And motherfuckin Jet Set Radio Future give it to me you sick fucks

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Barudak posted:

And motherfuckin Jet Set Radio Future give it to me you sick fucks

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SquirrelGrip posted:

will the free game pass trial still be about for state of decay 2?

You'll get an extra free month if you subscribe to game pass on the console and enter your credit card details. You can cancel right after.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I’m seeing a lot of wrong opinions about the best game on the original box.

The best game is Drake of the 99 Dragons. That is a fact.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Sunrise posted:

The best game is Drake of the 99 Dragons. That is a fact.

Sounds like a fortnite stream title

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Sorry, it's Freedom Fighters

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Instant Sunrise posted:

The best game is

You mean besides Halo, ofc

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

univbee posted:

Also just in case you’re confused about this, only a small number of OG Xbox games work. There’s also a narrow list wrt 360 games but it’s more generous, like 200 titles.

Yeah I know. I was just thinking that maybe I could justify getting an X if all the OG games had some sort of benefit. Although I don't know if that's really worth spending an extra 300 for.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lucinice posted:

Yeah I know. I was just thinking that maybe I could justify getting an X if all the OG games had some sort of benefit. Although I don't know if that's really worth spending an extra 300 for.

Im happy with my 179 dollar xbox retro console.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Xbox is starting to have the same appeal as Vita lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah honestly if your main point of interest is in OG Xbox games just get a regular XB1. Or hell, get an OG Xbox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Og xbox is a good snes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Og xbox is a good snes

Especially when you install an SNES emulator on it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

veni veni veni posted:

Xbox is starting to have the same appeal as Vita lol

it does not have any game anywhere near as good as persona 4 golden, so nah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No Nep games either

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

univbee posted:

Yeah honestly if your main point of interest is in OG Xbox games just get a regular XB1. Or hell, get an OG Xbox.

I'm still interested in 360 emulation but the last batch of OG games they announced got my attention. An S will probably be the way to go either way.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Depends on the game but I think with the OG Xbox games at least the more popular ones will run at or near 4K. Games without the res boost will still get some benefits but less noticeable ones.

Also just in case you’re confused about this, only a small number of OG Xbox games work. There’s also a narrow list wrt 360 games but it’s more generous, like 200 titles.
OG Xbox games still get a resolution boost from the originals on a regular Xbox One. They look about as good as you could expect them to look, really.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
SNES emulators on the OG Xbox were rad back in the 2000s but there is loving zero reason to play any of those games with that gamepad in 2018.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

An S still plays red dead, and the rare box set right? Because I only care about those. And also the halo master chief collection? Did they ever fix it for local multiplayer? If I recall correct,y, the actual campaigns worked fine right?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LionArcher posted:

An S still plays red dead, and the rare box set right? Because I only care about those. And also the halo master chief collection? Did they ever fix it for local multiplayer? If I recall correct,y, the actual campaigns worked fine right?

Yes the S still plays all of those. Red Dead will be at 720p, instead of the 4K on the X. Fixes for MCC are apparently still pending.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

If you’re more concerned about local multiplayer for MCC you’ll be totally fine.

The S will still get you HDR which I find to be more noticeable than actual 4K.

Get the S.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Beastie posted:

If you’re more concerned about local multiplayer for MCC you’ll be totally fine.

The S will still get you HDR which I find to be more noticeable than actual 4K.

Get the S.

Thanks. I will as soon as I see a sale. Did jet force Gemini age poorly or is it okay in the rare replay?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Xbox youtube channel put up the video for next month's games with gold:

X1
Super Mega Baseball 2
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

X360
SEGA Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Vanquish

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LionArcher posted:

Thanks. I will as soon as I see a sale. Did jet force Gemini age poorly or is it okay in the rare replay?

I think they upgraded the controls for the xbox. I played a few minutes of it because It's been in the back of my mind since I played it in that EB games 20 or whatever years ago.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Barudak posted:

Breakdown is a narratively fascinating game that does tons of neat tricks with its story and gameplay elements that were unheard of at the time.

Its also abusively difficult at the start with the hardest sections of the game being the start, with an excruciatingly badly designed encounter early on that does not telegraph what youre supposed to do on a timelimit and with enemies interrupting you.

Then later you become a loving god of destruction and thats super rad up until a final combat challenge 95% through the game that stonewalled the majority of people who perservered.

Ah one of those. Okay I'm going over to it after I finish Conker.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I think they upgraded the controls for the xbox. I played a few minutes of it because It's been in the back of my mind since I played it in that EB games 20 or whatever years ago.

They did but its still not what id call acceptable

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

They did but its still not what id call acceptable

The improvement is so much better than the original controls that playing the first level smoothly felt better than pretty much any challenge Ive bested in a videogame.

ghostinmyshell posted:

Ah one of those. Okay I'm going over to it after I finish Conker.

It is absolutely worth your time to play as long as you know what youre getting into; a game where you both literally kick rear end and first person vomit up a cheeseburger.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I think of myself as very into games; I’ve been a professional games developer for 10 years, a hobbyist developer for years before that, I consume games and games media every day.

How the gently caress have I never heard of Breakdown before it went backwards compatible? Was it a below the radar thing? I’m at a loss.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 21, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Basically Namco singlehandedly invented a genre with one game and set the foundation that every FPS narrative would follow in anotber in that generation and both of those games sold 0 copies combined.

Since everyone knows the games that made billions ripping them off nobody bothers with the games that inspired them, especially because they were commercial failures

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What’s the name of the other one? The cover shooter?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

What’s the name of the other one? The cover shooter?

Kill.Switch; CliffyB directly referenced it when discussing how he came up with Gears of War

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
baba booey

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is Life is Strange: Before the Storm any good? It's getting really cheap.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

People say so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ive not heard your able to rewind time to kill chloe over and over and over again so no.