Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Evilgm posted:

The Alliance Leader can set it so that only Captains can start Raids.

Yeah, I am the guy who founded Great Lakes Goon Squad - it is possible to make it so only captains can start raids, but we haven’t had a discussion about who can and can’t be captains. What do other guilds do? Is there a limit to how many captains an alliance can have? Only thing I can think that’s fair is to make it so that people who consistently contribute 600 points to raids get that rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Yeah, I am the guy who founded Great Lakes Goon Squad - it is possible to make it so only captains can start raids, but we haven’t had a discussion about who can and can’t be captains. What do other guilds do? Is there a limit to how many captains an alliance can have? Only thing I can think that’s fair is to make it so that people who consistently contribute 600 points to raids get that rank.

That can very easily be literally everyone.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Chilichimp posted:

That can very easily be literally everyone.

Agreed! That is why I’m curious what other alliances are up to.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Completed all of the missions for Thanos and only got 65 shards. Gonna be a bitch to get the rest, let alone level his star rating up.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

You can either set it up by who's online at certain times to reliably open up raids, or who contributes the most damage in raids so that they can open a raid and immediately go off on their own path.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

New Leaf posted:

Maintenance is over, got the new patch.. still getting the old "stuck at 42%" bug. Great.

Edit: Anyone else's game having to lad a lot of little things over and over? I feel like there's massive slowdowns now.

Update your Google Games whatever it's called app. That's what fixed it for me after the update.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Eddain posted:

You can either set it up by who's online at certain times to reliably open up raids, or who contributes the most damage in raids so that they can open a raid and immediately go off on their own path.

That is a great suggestion, thanks!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Just pick a handful of people who are reliable and easy to get a hold of and on at various hours. Don’t overthink it. It’s not like you’re giving them the power of life and death. It’s just opening raids.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Diabetic posted:

Completed all of the missions for Thanos and only got 65 shards. Gonna be a bitch to get the rest, let alone level his star rating up.

That's the exact same number I got.. Interesting.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I got 60 :/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

70 here, because i hit an 18 in my last one from the event.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I also got 65 because I got an 18 in my last orb thing. Guess theres some 'bad luck' protection thing going on with the event part.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

cams posted:

70 here, because i hit an 18 in my last one from the event.

are you sure? everyone in hebrons got 65

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ramadu posted:

are you sure? everyone in hebrons got 65
yup. just checked. 70. and have not done any raids yet.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Away all Goats posted:

I unlocked Drax today and immediately 3 starred a bunch of missions I was stuck on for so long. Jesus what an upgrade.

Same but he's stuck at around 2k because I just blew my load on Yondu who also loving RULES

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Just applied to Great Lakes Goon Squad as MusketThumb, I'm only level 26 but an active player

hundredseven
May 29, 2013
Requested to move to goon squad as Taste of marrow. Lvl 55.

hundredseven fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 20, 2018

Finncognito
Aug 12, 2008
Sent a request to Goon Registration Act as Finncognito.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Spot open in Catman's Shameful Secret. We've been super active, somewhat chatty and we all seem to be on the same page with starting raids that can fit everybody.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Murvin posted:

Just applied to Great Lakes Goon Squad as MusketThumb, I'm only level 26 but an active player

Accepted!

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 21, 2018

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Finncognito posted:

I’ll @ Sendric and let him know. Meanwhile, hop in the SWGOH discord in the OP! Feel free to mute all the non-MSF channels if you prefer.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Finncognito posted:

Gotcha. I'm Sendric in game BTW.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

There are two other glitched out Apps to Goon Registration in case any others are waiting. They seem to self correct eventually.

Expired Vitamin fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 20, 2018

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So, not being able to see blitz progress to the next tier until after a fight is a really cool feature. I love having to write down my progress when I go to bed so I know what notch I'm at when I wake up.

On a side note, should we think about organizing the numerous goon guilds according to account progression? I'm sure we could have one guild thinking about running level 50 raids if we consolidated a little. Even more so with the thanos raids.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

cams posted:

yup. just checked. 70. and have not done any raids yet.

drat, everyone else I've talked to go 65 (except the unlucky goon above you who got 60).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I also got 65. Gonna assume they really want us coughing up some dough for this unless we get real efficient with the Thanos raids.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Can the ones in charges of I am Goon start a Thanos Raid please?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

New Wave Jose posted:

You probably don't have enough Thanos raid keys for a good one yet, it's hard to come by.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

New Wave Jose posted:

We're at 12.3k keys, need 14k for the level 35 raid. Popping a level 25 would be silly at this point IMO.

The second to last Thanos mission reliably crashes for me as soon as vision does his first attack. Annoying.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 20, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

NmareBfly posted:

We're at 12.3k keys, need 14k for the level 35 raid. Popping a level 25 would be silly at this point IMO.

The second to last Thanos mission reliably crashes for me as soon as vision does his first attack. Annoying.

Apparently upgrading to iOS 11 fixes it, I'll verify this afternoon since I need to be on wifi to update.

newershadow
May 18, 2014
Sent a request to Goon Registration Act as Newershadow.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Suprfli6 posted:

Apparently upgrading to iOS 11 fixes it, I'll verify this afternoon since I need to be on wifi to update.

Nice. Can confirm. I wonder if this will fix some of the misc. crashes during raids and blitzes...

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Zotix posted:

On a side note, should we think about organizing the numerous goon guilds according to account progression? I'm sure we could have one guild thinking about running level 50 raids if we consolidated a little. Even more so with the thanos raids.

I'd be down for this, half the alliance doesn't join raids so it holds back the people who do.

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001

Zotix posted:

This seems like a good idea as long as someone else organizes it!

I do love my I am Goon brothers and sisters, though.

As to Thanos raids, we are almost to 14k keys to run a 35. Check the chat in game if you want to know what’s going on, by the way.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

newershadow posted:

Sent a request to Goon Registration Act as Newershadow.

You are in. Welcome. We operate mainly out of the GOH discord mentioned in the OP. Hit the ppen 40 for payout...it is already at 60% though so don't go nuts. We are launching a lvl 35 Thanos as soon as we have the tickets.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Thanos raids use a different pool of energy btw, it's purple instead of green, so people shouldn't hold off on attacking normal raids to try and save it for thanos or whatever.

I'm not sure about the healing charges though, can anyone confirm whether those are shared across both types of raid?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Promote 1-3 active, eager players who want to manager it is the solution in GS/GRA

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So since there seems to be some interest, which alliance should we make the high level super try hard alliance?

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Chilichimp posted:

Promote 1-3 active, eager players who want to manager it is the solution in GS/GRA

Yep. 3 Captains who are sympatico with your raid policy seems about right. We tried an 'everyone' policy for about 12 hours in GRA...it was rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Played this morning and started the game up this afternoon, game keeps stating it needs to restart at 42% and then at 10%. Not sure what happened and tried to re-download, same thing.

• Locked thread