Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Please stop talking about that terrible movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Benicio Del Toro

Oh. He should have been spinning phat tracks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

Please stop talking about those terrible movies.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

bloodysabbath posted:

Finished building the classic Jurassic Park set. For what it is, they packed a lot of cool stuff into it, but now I want an entire line from the first movie. A D2C seems like something AFOLs would buy the crap out of, any chance we’ll see this or are they playing it more conservative these days with the recent losses?

There’s a rumor of the visitor’s center as a d2c set

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Dogen posted:

There’s a rumor of the visitor’s center as a d2c set

Some lego designer tweeted out that an Ian Malcom minifig was possibly coming later in 2018.

Better leaks of the new creator sets have come out.

I like the boat https://www.instagram.com/p/BhwYfNygTrK/?tagged=legoleak

And I like the pirate roller coaster, https://www.instagram.com/p/BhwYqU8g61p/?tagged=legoleak

Also the 3 in 1 bakery which I saw but now can't find.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 19, 2018

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Scipiotik posted:

Some lego designer tweeted out that an Ian Malcom minifig was possibly coming later in 2018.

Better leaks of the new creator sets have come out.

I like the boat https://www.instagram.com/p/BhwYfNygTrK/?tagged=legoleak

And I like the pirate roller coaster, https://www.instagram.com/p/BhwYqU8g61p/?tagged=legoleak

Also the 3 in 1 bakery which I saw but now can't find.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhwY2cpA6_i/?taken-by=nino.leaks

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

mitochondritom posted:

I saw that my local Tesco had a pile of DJ polybags from The Last Jedi. I picked up an extra one as I know there is always someone who missed it in their location. If anyone in wants it, I don't mind shipping to wherever just covering shipping and its price (£4). Its this one:

https://brickset.com/sets/40298-1/DJ

I'll have one, save me trying to find a tesco selling them.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Thanks, he must have uploaded that after I started my post, I saw it elsewhere first. Anyway, I am liking these, don't care about the stunt truck launching thing or whatever.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Ebola Dog posted:

I'll have one, save me trying to find a tesco selling them.

Sold!

Er, I realised I have no pm capacity on this forum. If you fire an email to secretcuttle @ outlook. com we can go from there.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hell I live near 4 Targets and I still can’t find a hotdog cart for my Tatooine shelf.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Scipiotik posted:

Thanks, he must have uploaded that after I started my post, I saw it elsewhere first. Anyway, I am liking these, don't care about the stunt truck launching thing or whatever.

The Creator sets seem to me like underappreciated gems. They are always really well thought out and have tons of useful bricks. Also they are priced amazingly well. Just waiting on a Creator 3-in-1 castle or something as it seems like a new Castle theme (not Nexo Knights) is a long way off.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

mitochondritom posted:

The Creator sets seem to me like underappreciated gems. They are always really well thought out and have tons of useful bricks. Also they are priced amazingly well. Just waiting on a Creator 3-in-1 castle or something as it seems like a new Castle theme (not Nexo Knights) is a long way off.

3 in 1 castle seems like such a no-brainer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really love the Creator expert sets. The cars are always really cool.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
There are retired 3-in-1 sets that I would buy ten each of, they are such great parts packs. 31050 Corner Deli, 31026 Bike Shop, and 31036 Toy and Grocery are all so so good.

I've said it before, but Lego could do a $300 4000 piece 3-in-1 modular and a significant percentage of the people who buy every modular would buy three.

Scipiotik posted:

3 in 1 castle seems like such a no-brainer.

A 3-in-1 Castle at $150 price point would be instant buy as well. They need to branch out from the same retread 3-in-1 helicopter/airplane/boat/car/dinosaur/robot. Not that they shouldn't have those, but maybe not every year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Any idea who the blue guy in the Batwoman set is?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That's Blooman. He's part of a group.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Both a small-ish Pirate Rollercoaster as well as a seemingly gigantic Rollercoaster in the same year? Color me skeptical. Hoping im wrong, i particularly want that big one since i have all the other theme park sets and they look like great play sets to use with the kids.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

Both a small-ish Pirate Rollercoaster as well as a seemingly gigantic Rollercoaster in the same year? Color me skeptical. Hoping im wrong, i particularly want that big one since i have all the other theme park sets and they look like great play sets to use with the kids.

There isn't anything to be skeptical about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ineptitude posted:

I'm jealous of your Grand Carousel.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
What creator 3-in-1 is now is basically what I got into lego for a long time ago--cool stuff to build a giant city with. The City line itself is now just either cops or firefighters, and assorted vehicles.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wait, I thought they were the same rollercoaster. It does seem weird to do two in one year.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, I thought they were the same rollercoaster. It does seem weird to do two in one year.

Well, one is retailing at 90 bucks and the other is rumored near 400. If you're going to spend the money to develop new track pieces might as well use it. Pirate one is already searchable on Walmart btw, so it's coming for sure. And Lego made people take down images of the other so I'd say that locks it in as well.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Looks to be the modern OMAC. I can't believe they still haven't made a Booster Gold.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

Well, one is retailing at 90 bucks and the other is rumored near 400. If you're going to spend the money to develop new track pieces might as well use it. Pirate one is already searchable on Walmart btw, so it's coming for sure. And Lego made people take down images of the other so I'd say that locks it in as well.

400 would be too high for that. Way too high. 250 maybe.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

400 would be too high for that. Way too high. 250 maybe.

I'm just repeating rumors, I don't think it'll be $250 though, way too big.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

I'm just repeating rumors, I don't think it'll be $250 though, way too big.

They aren't priced on size. It's piece count and weight. That thing is mostly space and air. Looks like 2000 pieces at most.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I thought the other rollercoaster was the Joker one?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That was the first set to have the new track and I think it’s been out since December? I think there’s also a friends set with it now, and the pirate one is the regular creator and then that recent leak is going to be the creator expert version to go with the other fun fair stuff.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Found the leaked pic, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/8cvoqi/rollercoaster/

It does look ridiculously huge. edit: I estimate 35-40cm high, 40-50cm long and 25-30cm wide.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 20, 2018

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

48x96 studs is the estimate. So yes. Giant.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Note that it's not just piece count and weight, either. Certain pieces really jack up the pricing. Unibody (floating) boat hulls are some of the most expensive pieces outside of power functions, so a 150-piece boat can easily run $30. Plane cockpits, wings, and tails, big uncommon panels, probably things like roller coast tracks. That launch center from a few years ago was $120 and only like 630 pieces, largely (presumably) because of stuff like that. I could easily see a set with dozens of track pieces going for $100 more than the $.1/piece 'standard'.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Trains and especially monorail are pretty bad for that too. 6991 for example was US$180 (in 1994!) for 573 pieces.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Why didn't they ever make a regular straight piece of narrow gauge track?! Kept waiting for it but it never came.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Lego can't figure out trains. There is a really high barrier to doing moc trains (as I am currently finding out).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scipiotik posted:

Lego can't figure out trains. There is a really high barrier to doing moc trains (as I am currently finding out).

It's really dumb. There is a big enough train/lego community that they could at least print tracks and put them on the the B&P store and they would get a LOT of sales.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fans have figured out trains because if you ever go to a brick convention like 1/3 the floor is gonna be consumed by train layouts. Some of them won't even bother with building a scene, they're just gonna lay out some segments of track and plop their favorite real world recreation on it and stand around looking smug all weekend.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRbfRgXXb3I

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Speaking of, I'm definitely hitting up brickworld Chicago this year. Very much looking forward to it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wonder how many UCS falcon dioramas they're gonna have this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Scipiotik posted:

Had to buy custom drive wheels because the official ones are a weird size. Just found there's a site that sells custom narrow gauge track. New project incoming.