Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

2001 is the most perfect blu that has ever released. If it gets released as 4K it may make me jump to that standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

lelandjs posted:

Last time I watched 2001 I joked with my wife about doing a "Nolan" edit that cut everything before the scene on the moon, replaced the soundtrack with modern movie music, and dubbed dialog that overexplained everything.

This came fairly soon after an Interstellar rewatch, natch.

I'd watch it for the hilarity factor.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vintersorg posted:

2001 is the most perfect blu that has ever released. If it gets released as 4K it may make me jump to that standard.
There was a UHD of it up for pre-order on Amazon and I added it to my wish list because it's one of those movies I would get a UHD player for, although the listing appears to have been taken down :(

There's no price or release date or anything for it anymore.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Pretty sure this thread is the highest concentration of autism on these forums with the pecker person leading the way

Jesus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

buddhanc posted:

Pretty sure this thread is the highest concentration of autism on these forums with the pecker person leading the way

Jesus

I see you don’t visit any of the Star Wars threads.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thankfully no. I can only imagine

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

thrawn527 posted:

You consider Blue Moon a "Texas beer"? It started in Colorado and is owned by MillerCoors, so that's a weird position to take.

Is this like how Oregonians consider Rainier an Oregon beer? I mean, that's just the way sometimes.

buddhanc posted:

Jesus

You confuse autism with goober pretension :bigtran:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Those two are grocery store beers but so is Lone Star with the difference that Lone Star is bottom-shelf garbo and those two are pretty nice

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

buddhanc posted:

Jesus

gently caress off.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

buddhanc posted:

Jesus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you must not read much of these forums

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everyone knows it's supermechagodzilla anyway

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Everyone knows it's supermechagodzilla anyway

SHUT THE gently caress UP DON'T SUMMON HIM

he's like Candyman or Beetlejuice...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I wish we had a supermochagodzilla, who would give all of us nice mochaccinos. I could really go for one right now.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Shageletic posted:

Um...have you been to India my man? Something something marvel.

I think the Deadpool trailer is pretty rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20bpjtCbCz0

It'll be hilarious if this was the only action set piece in the movie again.

Domino looks great and I can see why test audiences were probably clamoring for more of her. Gonna enjoy the spin-off in a year or two. Wonder if they cut the action sequence that killed her stunt double.

Rest of the trailer looks solid. Cable is sufficiently...Cable. Interesting that they went with full on Liefield 90's, obnoxious helmet/codpiece/pauldrons Shatterstar despite his recent toned down costume but it makes sense.

Only thing that looks dubious is Ryan Reynold's schtick wearing thin but if this one is as tightly paced as the first then it should still be an entertaining flick.

Edit: That's Will Smith flying the helicopter at the start of the trailer, right? It sounds JUST like him.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 21, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Vagabundo posted:

I wish we had a supermochagodzilla, who would give all of us nice mochaccinos. I could really go for one right now.

agreed!!! where they go at anyway?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

So dark! You sure you’re not from the DC Universe!?

https://twitter.com/TeenTitansMovie/status/987164857681100800

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ah yes, I remember the Green Lantern movie that came out before Blade 3. Or was it the Green Lantern movie that came out before X-Men Origins: Wolverine...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love that he keeps dunking Wolverine Origins. It’s the best gift he could give Deadpool fans.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Also,

The MSJ posted:

Warner Bros just uploaded this. Movie still looks amazing after 50 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_e9y-bka0

I saw it on the big screen in the 1974 Re-release and it blew my thirteen year old mind.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 22, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Crazy Rich Asians trailer.

I find the lauding of extreme wealth here pretty disgusting, and I hear the book handles it very poorly.

I'd support a law where every movie with characters this wealthy should be forced to tack on a Schindler's List moment where the characters break down realizing how many people are dying every day due to extreme poverty that they could save just by selling their collection of Lamborghinis.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Isn't the interest around this film mostly that it's a US romcom where the leads (or the whole cast, really) aren't white?

But yeah, the book and film are about obscenely rich people being obscenely rich.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Oh, the hardships of privilege. Those rich people must have it awfully tough.

I hope the movie tanks.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Who is the target audience of that movie?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I suppose people who like Constance Wu, so count me in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean if it was like a really dark comedy where the guy is just horribly unaware of just how privileged and rich he is to the point where he straight up accidentally runs over someone or something and the money just makes it go away. Then just film it so these things aren’t even paid attention to. Just sprinkle it in the background and out of focus and give the audience just enough to know that oh yeah there’s some hosed up poo poo going on and he’s not even acknowledging it.

I’d see it then.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Asians, and fans of inter-class romance, is what I figure. I’ve seen Asian-Americans thinking of this like it’s Black Panther. Most of the characters and the actors playing them are Asians, and quite a number of them do not even have a career in Hollywood yet. The male lead, for example, is from Malaysia.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GrandpaPants posted:

look at the title and take a wild shot in the dark

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/Mister_BatfIeck/status/988534550039953409/video/1

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Huh. Looks a bit goofy, but better than I was assuming.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Oh, the hardships of privilege. Those rich people must have it awfully tough.

I hope the movie tanks.

I thought the trailer was supposed to show that rich people are typically terrible.

Looks like a rol-licking good time at the movies. :unsmigghh:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
So does the character really like snakes or something. Cuz why would he name himself Venom if an alien symbiote took over his body

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"It's not an S. On my world it means stuff that comes from a snake's teeth."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That footage is very frightening and scary. I’m shook.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

"It's not a spider. On my world it means stuff that comes from a snake's teeth."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ammanas posted:

So does the character really like snakes or something. Cuz why would he name himself Venom if an alien symbiote took over his body

In the comics the symbiote first bonds with Peter Parker and is affected by the irradiated spider venom in his blood. He gets a cool black costume that mysteriously repairs itself and boosts his strength; the symbiote gains all the spider abilities including a few Peter couldn't develop, and once it goes solo it also has the urge to make other people into its version of Spider-Man.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So why does Venom still have a Spiderman-derived design if he didn't come from Spiderman in this movie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Corek posted:

So why does Venom still have a Spiderman-derived design if he didn't come from Spiderman in this movie

I don't really see a spider symbol on his chest in that clip.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The MSJ posted:

Asians, and fans of inter-class romance, is what I figure. I’ve seen Asian-Americans thinking of this like it’s Black Panther.

So a cynical, surface-level spectacle concession to minorities trapped amid the abstraction of a corporate neoliberal hellscape?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Corek posted:

Tom Holland has a cameo. Maybe he name-drops Spider-Man before Brock assumes his final form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So a cynical, surface-level spectacle concession to minorities trapped amid the abstraction of a corporate neoliberal hellscape?

It’s a Hollywood movie, so yes.