Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

lol bye Struck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Goddamn Yo-Yo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That was equally graphic :stonk:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Goddamn Yo-Yo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm not so sure you did Yoyo

:smith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

if only future Yo-Yo had been more helpful!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

First on Supergirl and now AoS: everyone is leaving their armory door unlocked this week.

Way to be selfish FitzSimmons and pick each other over the whole loving planet. Also Ruby totally would have let you go afterwards :downs:

"I had it under control." Yea nice try Daisy, but Yo-yo did nothing wrong :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YoYo definitely unleashed the Gravitonium Ghosts that were inside Ruby.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kill the cheerleader, save the world.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Yo-Yo did nothing wrong. :colbert:

Although, I had been hoping she was going to super speed into the girl and punch her in the chest so hard that she literally ripped her heart out.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
If we're getting a groundhog day episode with multiple iterations of the timeline, then I bet they put in one iteration where Yoyo just murders everyone friend and enemy because she's had it with the timeloop crap.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
You know, when two people choose their relationship & lives over the lives of the entire human race... gotta admit, that's kind of selfish.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Andrew_1985 posted:

You know, when two people choose their relationship & lives over the lives of the entire human race... gotta admit, that's kind of selfish.

When Ruby was in the machine and Strucker had his face pressed up against the glass all I was thinking was "and now is the time to smash him in the back of the head with a wrench or something"

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Hale is going to be a loving awesome Graviton.

(Also I loving called it. Ruby dies and Hale infuses herself instead.)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hale is going to take the Kree kamikaze juice, they already set that up.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Hale is going to take the Kree kamikaze juice, they already set that up.

Are they Kree for sure? I was getting a Svartalf vibe.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Andrew_1985 posted:

But it's a loop they don't have a choice!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Not loving Fitzsimmons right now. They are officially lovely especially after NaziFitz has "done what is necessary" in the past.
Also props to the Robin actress, I know there were reassurances and support on hand and they probably blocked the scene so she couldn't see much but still it was a scary situation even in make believe.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

For some reason I kept thinking back to this old episode of 24 where the squirrelly tech guy gets kidnapped by the bad guys who want him to fix the mcguffin on their nuclear bomb or whatever, and he stands up to a bunch more explicit torture, including taking a power drill to at least one shoulder, before eventually giving in and building the terrorists their thing. And even then, Jack Bauer screams at him "you actually built them something that worked??" when he's eventually rescued.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know. If we take it out of context it's just a typical "I can stand up to torture myself but not of the person I love" scenerio. It was selfish but it was human. FitzSimmons actions leading up to it were stuff entirely under their own control and decision making with no gun to anyone's head. So I'm kind of at "that was bad, but understandable, but what about all the other poo poo?"

YoYo I'm kind of with Daisy on. It's not that I'm morally angry at her for killing Ruby. I get that. It's that strategically it's the equivalent of smashing a bomb with a hammer and hoping nothing goes wrong. Tiny bit of hero complex with no real thinking stuff out going on with Team We Can't Die.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know. If we take it out of context it's just a typical "I can stand up to torture myself but not of the person I love" scenerio. It was selfish but it was human. FitzSimmons actions leading up to it were stuff entirely under their own control and decision making with no gun to anyone's head. So I'm kind of at "that was bad, but understandable, but what about all the other poo poo?"

YoYo I'm kind of with Daisy on. It's not that I'm morally angry at her for killing Ruby. I get that. It's that strategically it's the equivalent of smashing a bomb with a hammer and hoping nothing goes wrong. Tiny bit of hero complex with no real thinking stuff out going on with Team We Can't Die.

On the other hand, the bomb was ticking pretty loudly. I'm not shedding tears over the murderous psychopath, bad upbringing or not.

:rip: strucker you literally got indiana jones'd

And I am 100% in disagreement that Daisy had it under control and was getting her to come around.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Proteus Jones posted:

Are they Kree for sure? I was getting a Svartalf vibe.
She said Korvac, isn't that a Kree villain?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not crying over Ruby either. I mean, I'm a bleeding heart liberal and think life is precious and any resolution where lives can be saved and yadda yadda yadda. But she was a murdering psychopath with plans of world domination and immense power. So if killing her was the best path to eliminating the threat she served, I get that.

I don't think Daisy is 100% right or YoYo is. Daisy and Hale were trying to calm her but it seemed very much on the fence (and calm Ruby wasn't exactly a winner). The problem isn't so much that YoYo's decision was objectively the wrong one, and Daisy's was objective the right one. Its that YoYo went rogue and was clearly driven by a hero complex, and I'm not sure it worked out. That big burst of energy after the floating corpse and Hale angrily going to aliens for revenge is kind of an unfortunate set of consequences for YoYo's unilateral and brash action.

Granted "going rogue and trying to do the right thing only to kind of screw it all up" is basically a right of passage for SHIELD so I'm not saying YoYo and Daisy can't be friends anymore. I'm just saying I get why Daisy's mad about things even beyond her probably misguided hope that she could save Ruby.

achillesforever6 posted:

What, Korvac like the original Guardians of the Galaxy/Defenders villain Korvac? That dude was like "rewrite reality" level villain so I can't imagine its him. I'm also pretty sure he was just a mad scientist human or something from the Guardians' alternate reality where humans get wiped out by the Badoon. He definitely wasn't blue.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 22, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

When Daisy goes rogue, it's ok. But when Fitz or Yo-yo do it...

:v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

When Daisy goes rogue, it's ok. But when Fitz or Yo-yo do it...

:v:

*quakes you into a wall* :mad:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

STAC Goat posted:

Granted "going rogue and trying to do the right thing only to kind of screw it all up" is basically a right of passage for SHIELD so I'm not saying YoYo and Daisy can't be friends anymore.

I think its ok that Daisy's mad that the teammate who just mutinied on her, went off with the guy who performed involuntary surgery on her, and betrayed Mack killed the teenage girl she was trying to save and maybe unleashed the thing that destroys the world.

But I assume she'll get past it eventually and chalk it up to one more of those team things.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 22, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, well I guess I have to be the one to say it.

I'm glad Talbot didn't kill himself.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

His name is Qovas. Different guy.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
I'm not gonna miss Ruby but Yo-Yo did jump the gun a bit.

While Ruby was indeed powerful, she didn't seem nearly strong enough to be able to destroy the world. She was only breaking some beakers and poo poo with her tantrum as far as Yo-Yo saw. Yo-Yo was just so desperate to change the future that she killed the wrong person in cold blood.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dracorion posted:

I'm not gonna miss Ruby but Yo-Yo did jump the gun a bit.

While Ruby was indeed powerful, she didn't seem nearly strong enough to be able to destroy the world. She was only breaking some beakers and poo poo with her tantrum as far as Yo-Yo saw. Yo-Yo was just so desperate to change the future that she killed the wrong person in cold blood.

She cut her loving arms off.

That's an iron price kinda thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

Deke wants to touch rat-holes with Daisy.

I'd just like to bring this up again real quick because I now like and understand this reference.

:golfclap:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Yo-yo's only mistake was half-assing it. Kill the kid, then the mother. It's the only way to make sure.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'd just like to bring this up again real quick because I now like and understand this reference.

:golfclap:

I failed to notice the metaness of this, because he's from the future.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This" I'm from the future" crap is pure genius.
I'm giving a lemon to the next girl I'm interested in and, if asked, I'll say I come from the future.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The only potentially useful info future Yo-Yo gave her was don't try to save Coulson. You'd think if all she had to do was kill Ruby she'd say, I don't know, "Kill Ruby."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, well I guess I have to be the one to say it.

I'm glad Talbot didn't kill himself.

No one said it because it's obvious. :colbert:

Talbot's gonna get his brain de-scrubbed and be back on Team SHIELD. :hai:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yo-yo did nothing wrong.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I legit thought Ruby's head was cut clean off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

I legit thought Ruby's head was cut clean off.

Nah, just a deep neck cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I know a guy who did the lemon thing for his ex when he was dumped. Every day.

The lemon thing was supposed to be cute.