Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Midnightghoul posted:

This is the authentic beetle grub that Gervase threw up in season 1.

Extremely underrated post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

She absolutely did and you could see that the reaction on the bench was somewhere between impressed and terrified.

Also there was a little bit of :quagmire: going on at tribal, even with Probst

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think everyone was terrified what Sebastian was going to say in Tribal.

And yeah, Angela managed to intimidate her tribemates in an eating contest. That feels new.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Food challenge and getting rid of Libby . . . bad episode all around )=

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Des seems like the crack to exploit.

She just seems like she’s dying to take the reins in any way she can.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

Des seems like the crack to exploit.

She just seems like she’s dying to take the reins in any way she can.
I don't think we've seen anything whatsoever to indicate that except the preview for next episode.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

good episode. i am pretty amazed how quickly dom and wendell have been able to integrate themselves back into the background; wendell in particular is playing an excellent social game.

michael needs to start exploiting the power couples a bit. there's definitely a bit of wiggle room with laurel and donathon to oust wendell and dom.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

Did Angela just swallow that first sea cucumber thing whole? It didn't look like she chewed it, it was just gone.

Yes and then she tried to do that with the second one which was even bigger.

Probably a top ten 'most disturbing' Survivor moment.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

Yes and then she tried to do that with the second one which was even bigger.

Probably a top ten 'most disturbing' Survivor moment.

Her having to tug it back out twice almost made me turn away.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

The Bloop posted:

Her having to tug it back out twice almost made me turn away.

I was so impressed the way she jammed that log into her throat,pulled it back out again, jammed it back in, pulled it out, ripped it in half and downed the halves. She didn't even gag once. It makes me wonder what her time in the military taught her

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I was reading some poker stuff and wondering how our favorite card shark from China was doing.

Apparently Genre Bear lost his entire bankroll, had to get a backer to finance future play, and lost all of that, too.

:laugh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TFp5vmdTmE

Ponderosa, for anyone who hasn't caught up on it.

Huh. Looks like they deleted the Chris Ponderosa off their official YouTube channel.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Zesty posted:

Huh. Looks like they deleted the Chris Ponderosa off their official YouTube channel.

Dang, it's even better than that. They edited the rap video out and reuploaded his ponderosa without it. I wonder what kinds of angry letters they got.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Hahaha, what? I only managed thirty seconds of it, but what could people have been upset by? Aside from the poor Ponderosa employees they used to fan and serve Chris, anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have absolutely zero to support this but like the only explanation I can think of is that Chris played some kind of ego play about his intellectual property or image or something? I have no idea. And honestly even that probably makes no sense since I assume CBS contracts say they own anything you do while filming the show.

Maybe Chris got real mad because people were making fun of him online or something.

Maybe Libby got mad they didn't put up her rap.

I'm at a loss. Maybe he plagiarized Kanye or something?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It's entirely possible that they accidentally used a copyrighted backing track.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I guess but you'd think professional tv editors would know to use some purchased open track.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Thank You Wendell

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

Thank You Wendell

For everything

So far dude fuckin rocks

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spergatory posted:

It's entirely possible that they accidentally used a copyrighted backing track.

They could have fixed this in an hour or so if they'd wanted or had to. There are plenty of free beats out there, and the producers weren't exactly going for quality.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

With absolutely no evidence or anything I just really want to believe my first thought that Chris made a power play to try and own and market his rap image and hit track. It just feels right.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Maybe something to do with using Sammy Sosa's name

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Chris is still a topic? Jesus, maybe I missed an episode where he did something interesting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

Chris is still a topic? Jesus, maybe I missed an episode where he did something interesting.

His douchitivity is large and there's a valid mystery involving him and his amazing rap performance

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I've been making my way through Blood vs Water, and I would really like to know where the gently caress this new Tyson came from.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I watched BvW first and liked Tyson but then when I went back and watched him in an earlier season I hated him. I wonder if it's a case of he saw how he came off on national TV and changed it up. He was pretty despicable.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

clown shoes posted:

I watched BvW first and liked Tyson but then when I went back and watched him in an earlier season I hated him. I wonder if it's a case of he saw how he came off on national TV and changed it up. He was pretty despicable.

He wasn't that good in Tocatins and he was edited to look dumb in HvV.

I think he does play better in BvW, but his competition was also a bit weaker since there wasn't really a J.T. or Rob/Parvati/Sandra around.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I know this isn’t new but Ghost Island is a lovely gimmick, just make them play a game of chance!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea Ghost Island is a joke. It's basically Exile Island, but there is a chance you could play for an advantage that's never worked in someones favor previously.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ghost Island isn't amazing, but it could have been a lot worse (imagine giving everyone who visited an advantage), and it's better than Redemption Island.

Also since it's kind of a gimmick about past players I doubt it'll be in play for more than one or maybe two seasons.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

clown shoes posted:

BvW was the first season I saw him in and I didn't like him at all. Then I watched HvV and Tocantins eventually. I think he just makes a bad first impression and then you get used to him.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Tyson epitomizes "lovable rear end in a top hat." He's an absolute dick, but he's got the charisma and charm to make you like him anyway, and the fact that he's so open about being a dick almost makes you trust him more, to your detriment. Like when he was throwing Aras under the bus to the entire Tadhana tribe while Aras was standing right there and could hear every word he said. No one else could get away with that, but because it's Tyson, everyone kind of accepts and almost expects it. Aras probably just figured it was Tyson being Tyson, and it was, but it also had a gameplay function. That's something he has in common with Sandra; they both, consciously or unconsciously, condition people to expect and accept brash behavior that is beneficial to their games in ways their competition doesn't realize.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Spergatory posted:

Like when he was throwing Aras under the bus to the entire Tadhana tribe while Aras was standing right there and could hear every word he said. No one else could get away with that, but because it's Tyson, everyone kind of accepts and almost expects it.

Somebody forgot about Russell openly stating that Sandra/Courtney were the next to go when they were sitting two feet away from him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea Ghost Island is a joke. It's basically Exile Island, but there is a chance you could play for an advantage that's never worked in someones favor previously.
one thing that's really shocking is that a producer thought a player opening a parchment that says "Sorry, no game for you today" would be anything but boring and frustrating for players and viewers alike.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Somebody forgot about Russell openly stating that Sandra/Courtney were the next to go when they were sitting two feet away from him.

Except that didn't actually work and he lost to Sandra, so he didn't really get away with it, did he?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

one thing that's really shocking is that a producer thought a player opening a parchment that says "Sorry, no game for you today" would be anything but boring and frustrating for players and viewers alike.

I can see it being remotely funny if an alliance had been actively trying to get sent there, which is still pretty weak. This twist hit peak comedy with Candice Woodcock anyway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

Also, they apparently thought the tribes would come to a consensus on who to send to ghost island after doing a swap 6 days in. So then everyone after that goes to Ghost Island is decided by drawing rocks...

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also, they apparently thought the tribes would come to a consensus on who to send to ghost island after doing a swap 6 days in. So then everyone after that goes to Ghost Island is decided by drawing rocks...

Yeah this one is pretty unforgivable.

There's a really simple solution: Decide who goes from the other tribe or YOUR tribe draws rocks, fuckers. You're welcome Survivor I'll assume the check's in the mail.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention to Ghost Island but to me it seems like someone randomly shows up and then randomly selects a scroll that might give them an advantage. Then they cook some rice and it's all over for the week.

It could be completely my fault for missing something as it made me zone out pretty early on in the season but even now when the cast has got me a lot more interested it still seems kind of pointless and mostly out of anyones abilities to influence or change. I might be forgetting how bad some of the previous gimmicks have been but right now Ghost Island seems like one of the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I can't remember where I heard this idea, but someone suggested that the winning tribe either comes to a consensus, or THEY draw rocks... and the odd rock personally and publicly chooses who from the losing tribe goes to Ghost Island. Maybe the rest of the tribe agrees with their pick, maybe they don't. Either way, more drama is almost guaranteed.

Likewise, I think that the Ghost Island game of chance should be removed and instead, you pay a one vote penalty for a guaranteed advantage of unknown caliber. Maybe you get an idol, maybe you get an extra vote, maybe you get a useless legacy advantage you have to give away anyway. You don't know, so there's still an element of chance to it. But everything has a price, and you have to choose whether or not you are willing pay it.

Choice is compelling to watch. Chance is not.

• Locked thread