Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ban BotL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I am happy to see that an entire new batch of goons is learning how pointless is to try and counter any of BotL pseudo-intellectual arguments, since he never actually engage in any discussions. Godspeed!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I was actually thinking of the opposite, about how easily manipulated the people in this thread are and how they just can't help themselves but to argue with botl.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

e X posted:

since he never actually engage in any discussions.

Can you name any actual examples, besides me being stunned by the goon blithely justifying nuking fictional aliens?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've still yet to watch Wonder Woman because Gal Gadot grosses me out, it's one of those times where a crap person pollutes the product too much for me to stomach.

Also

Yardbomb posted:

Threadban BotL.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I was actually thinking of the opposite, about how easily manipulated the people in this thread are and how they just can't help themselves but to argue with botl.

perhaps some of us enjoy dunking on stooges?? don't kinkshame.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Can you name any actual examples, besides me being stunned by the goon blithely justifying nuking fictional aliens?

Oh no, they struck a military target that was all set and waiting to overpower and destroy billions of innocent civilians :nallears:.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I've still yet to watch Wonder Woman because Gal Gadot grosses me out, it's one of those times where a crap person pollutes the product too much for me to stomach.

How so? I know she was part of the IDF but I don't recall her having (at least public) anti-Palestinian views.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Alaois posted:

https://www.facebook.com/WingChunNews.ca/videos/802448903294257/
rare, exclusive footage of me (saenchai) vs everyone in this thread

Look, we're trying to get away from Star Wars arguments, stop bringing up Thai Fighters.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh no, they struck a military target that was all set and waiting to overpower and destroy billions of innocent civilians :nallears:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jimbot posted:

How so? I know she was part of the IDF but I don't recall her having (at least public) anti-Palestinian views.

quote:

“I am sending my love and prayers to my fellow Israeli citizens,” she wrote. “Especially to all the boys and girls who are risking their lives protecting my country against the horrific acts conducted by Hamas, who are hiding like cowards behind women and children...We shall overcome!!! Shabbat Shalom! #weareright #freegazafromhamas #stopterror #coexistance #loveidf”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sy-9643412.html

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jimbot posted:

She eventually let it slip a little.

It's just the most eye-rollingly typical IDF rear end kissing and that alone's gotten to be enough for me.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Like I feel the need to remind people that The Avengers is not a recording of real events but a work of fiction. Works of fiction are fundamentally rhetorical, and if you start talking about the necessity of nuking the alien menace you might have been taken in by the rhetoric.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ah, I stand corrected. I think I remember reading that but just forgot. Either way, yeah, that's some typical IDF rear end-kissing. I'm sure those boys and girls murdering rock throwers and the press with sniper fire are risking life and limb. Or them bullying children half their age because they gave them some attitude.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stillvisions posted:

Look, we're trying to get away from Star Wars arguments, stop bringing up Thai Fighters.

Failin Porte_Potty
Apr 4, 2017

Pounded in the Butt by an Outhouse Pretending to be an Internet Reviewer.
By Chuck Tingle

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

once again i feel compelled to make the case for me being made a mod of this thread so i can probate everyone dumb enough to actually respond to botl

I mean, someone suggested me, and I'm okay showing up every couple of weeks just to do that.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

ricdesi posted:

Which kinda makes her runway stroll through the Western Front even weirder, honestly. I leaned over to my girlfriend while we were watching and asked "Why isn't anyone just shooting her in the head?" and her response was "Why is she walking?"

Um, they are almost exclusively trying to shoot her in the head during that scene, so they can have the close ups containing her bullet defections and her facial reactions in the same shots. The same happens when she is using the shield to protect herself from the machine gun, though there is a slightly comical shot before she crouches, where she's standing upright using a two foot shield to protect her six foot body.

ricdesi posted:

Welcome to the superhero genre. Same goes for, let's see...

It's almost like selfless acts of courage are a defining trait in the superhero genre, idk.

Also, half of these involve doomsday scenarios that would clearly impact the protagonist, and a bunch of others involve villains that are messing with the hero's subjects/company, so they aren't acting entirely selflessly. They have very clear personal motivations to become involved, which they then go above and beyond during the climax. Wonder Woman starts off selflessly joining the quest to end the war, because the war is not presented as a threat to the Amazons beyond the initial beach fight. But you're right that this is not unique, with Spiderman: Homecoming being another example of a hero putting themselves in harms way with no personal reason to, other than it's the right thing to do.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The bad thing about being a mod is that there’s a whole forum to police that I imagine is just endless variations on this thread, but where prequel talk and Snyder debates interrupt talk about Howard Stern or Terry Gross or something.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Like I feel the need to remind people that my posts are not a recording of real events but a work of fiction. Works of fiction are fundamentally rhetorical, and if you start talking about the necessity of responding to my posts you might have been taken in by the rhetoric.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!
Dunno if this is a joke I'm not getting, but Phelan's never posted on this thread.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

:golfclap:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I am emergent being born of an unfinished novel. I am indeed a work of fiction.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yardbomb posted:

She eventually let it slip a little.

It's just the most eye-rollingly typical IDF rear end kissing and that alone's gotten to be enough for me.

When was this posted.
EDIT: 2014? Ehhhhhhh

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 21, 2018

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I am emergent being born of an unfinished novel. I am indeed a work of fiction.

Does your hand ever get tired desperately jerking yourself off all the time jw

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I find Ben Affleck to be a repulsive person, and it's the main reason I didn't see most of the DC films, even more so than them sucking.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Ironically the way the Avengers handles the nuclear strike (ie. a government ordered strike on New York that the heroes try to prevent) is way more anti-nuke than the one in Batman Vs. Superman even though the former saves the day and the latter makes things worse.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Miss Wallace posted:

Dunno if this is a joke I'm not getting, but Phelan's never posted on this thread.

Yeah only the magical outhouse has.

no idea if that's a gimmick account or not

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I find humanity repulsive, which is why I never leave my family's ancient, decaying manor.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Make me a mod so I can ban BOTL and everyone who replied to him. And anyone talking about superhero movies.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

BotL is the store brand version of SuperMechaGodzilla, right down to this imitation of SMG's "I do not exist."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Augus posted:

When was this posted.
EDIT: 2014? Ehhhhhhh

lol it's not like it's new that the idf has been doing horrid poo poo to the palestinians.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Conal Cochran posted:

BotL is the store brand version of SuperMechaGodzilla, right down to this imitation of SMG's "I do not exist."

The problem is that SMG can usually post something so batshit it loops around to being interesting or funny. BOTL has literally never posted anything interesting. Every comment is full of buzzwords and rhetoric that has the depth of a jug of lukewarm piss.

If you squint and turn your head BOTL sounds smart but it's literally just the annoying guy in Film Theory 101 who raises his hand and goes "ACTUALLY Professor I think...." and the entire class groans because here we loving go again.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

The problem is that SMG can usually post something so batshit it loops around to being interesting or funny. BOTL has literally never posted anything interesting. Every comment is full of buzzwords and rhetoric that has the depth of a jug of lukewarm piss.

If you squint and turn your head BOTL sounds smart but it's literally just the annoying guy in Film Theory 101 who raises his hand and goes "ACTUALLY Professor I think...." and the entire class groans because here we loving go again.

It's like a 6th grader was given weed and a thesaurus.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

smg once made a good post - it was about how bad the shot composition is in avengers. sometime later when i mentioned he defended movies with shot composition that was at that level or sometimes worse he just filled posts full of bullshit and diagrams about how the poor composition in those shots was actually really good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol it's not like it's new that the idf has been doing horrid poo poo to the palestinians.

If you're far enough down the hole to be posting #weareright #stopterror #loveidf in the same string, you're probably not coming around any time soon either.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

Ironically the way the Avengers handles the nuclear strike (ie. a government ordered strike on New York that the heroes try to prevent) is way more anti-nuke than the one in Batman Vs. Superman even though the former saves the day and the latter makes things worse.

Not sure how showing using nuclear weapons being super effective and saving the day makes them more anti-nuke than using it which accelerates your own destruction. I mean, you can like one movie and dislike the other, dislike or like both but the messaging in Avengers was pretty bad.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I do exist.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

superman iv is the only anti-nuclear superhero film. thank you, cannon films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

superman iv is the only anti-nuclear superhero film. thank you, cannon films.

Why do you ignore the Godzilla franchise?