Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

24 is definitely dead.

Yes.

But we weren't so sure back in the day. At least, we weren't sure he was dead-dead. At the time, the belief that he was an actual ghost and was present was a big deal, especially at the end of the first half of the fourth season where you see, quite briefly, a costumed arm and hand check the Venture brothers off of 21's list of people who were responsible for killing 24.

It only seemed less likely to be 24's ghost when the second half of the fourth season actually showed him. At least, that's where I started to question if another henchman was messing with him or if 24 was an actual ghost. Man... the big, accidental reveal in "Operation: P.R.O.M."... that actually choked me up a bit. (Like I said in an earlier post, this episode was amazing and could have been the series finale. For the eventual series finale, they'll have to top this one, and I am not sure they can.)

Speaking of essential episodes, and hook episodes... what does everyone think about maybe adding "The Doctor Is Sin" to the pile of essentials? I just love Killinger so much; I would put each of his episodes in that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Also the orphan from the joy can.

My headcanon for that was he had good intentions for the orphan(like with that Mexican kid who was his Hadji when he was a kid himself), but something screwy happened, kid died, and since Rusty is a practical sort, he decided to use what was left of him to finish the Joy Can

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
He didn't use the whole thing!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There is no bad VB character either, sorry dongs.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

drrockso20 posted:

My headcanon for that was he had good intentions for the orphan(like with that Mexican kid who was his Hadji when he was a kid himself), but something screwy happened, kid died, and since Rusty is a practical sort, he decided to use what was left of him to finish the Joy Can

I always took it as he needed a corpse and orphans go unclaimed, not like he had a kid murdered.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Milo and POTUS posted:

There is no bad VB character either, sorry dongs.

manstrong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nope, Manstrong was among the weak ones but not bad.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I always took it as he needed a corpse and orphans go unclaimed, not like he had a kid murdered.

I wasn't saying that either, just that he tried doing something nice and it ended badly

Your idea has merit though

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If any Ausgoons are thinking of getting the DVDs, there's a season 1-6 box set coming out 23rd of May for $47! And if you wait til JB has one of its regular 20% off DVD sales, it'll only be $37.60. For all the Venture Bros ever made.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-animation/venture-bros-the-box-of-calamitous-content/631685/

I have all the individual seasons but hell I might get one of these as a backup copy anyway!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I love the callback in s6e1 when Fallen Archer is fighting Brock. Brock gets the eye twitch and battle foam.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Speedy is dead too, it sucked.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
And he was so close to getting his wings.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

If any Ausgoons are thinking of getting the DVDs, there's a season 1-6 box set coming out 23rd of May for $47! And if you wait til JB has one of its regular 20% off DVD sales, it'll only be $37.60. For all the Venture Bros ever made.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-animation/venture-bros-the-box-of-calamitous-content/631685/

I have all the individual seasons but hell I might get one of these as a backup copy anyway!

Everything getting released on blu would be great, although physical media will likely be dead by the time the final episode has aired.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Hedrigall posted:

This link says it's PAL, though. Which is good if that's your standard, but... PAL.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Wow. They tease the Monarch/Blue Morpho connection all the way back in s5e3 in 2012

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

tarlibone posted:

This link says it's PAL, though. Which is good if that's your standard, but... PAL.

I'm not your PAL, FRIEND!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Hulu is indicating that seasons 1-5 are going away at the end of April, does anyone know if there's another service that's going to be picking up Venture Brothers? Seems really weird since the other Adult Swim content I looked at wasn't. VB was half the reason I signed up for Hulu.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

qirex posted:

Hulu is indicating that seasons 1-5 are going away at the end of April, does anyone know if there's another service that's going to be picking up Venture Brothers? Seems really weird since the other Adult Swim content I looked at wasn't. VB was half the reason I signed up for Hulu.

pretty much just adult swim themselves unless you wanna get into :filez:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TK-42-1 posted:

Wow. They tease the Monarch/Blue Morpho connection all the way back in s5e3 in 2012

Really? When in the episode? I can't watch it now

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Milo and POTUS posted:

Really? When in the episode? I can't watch it now

Probably talking about this.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's funny someone thinks they are gonna be step brothers (mostly due to how Rusty's dad fooled around alot) but yeah looking at it now, it's totally because they used to be crime fighting pals.

Though I guess their stint was short (plane crash etc) as Blue Moprho was rarely around.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

business hammocks posted:

Everything getting released on blu would be great, although physical media will likely be dead by the time the final episode has aired.

Not only will physical media be dead, but by the time the last episode comes out, mankind will have evolved into beings of pure thought and energy. There's won't be physical anything.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

qirex posted:

I’m having trouble figuring out what is or isn’t expiring from Hulu. I saw that at least part of Steven Universe was expiring and went and checked the Venture Bros and didn’t see anything about it from the expiring tab.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

qirex posted:

You can buy all the Venture Bros episodes on YouTube. :shrug:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That's actually useful to know, I always overlook YouTube's paid vids, thanks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can buy the seasons digitally on Amazon. But you also have to spend 5 dollars for the various specials. Which is dumb, because All This and Gargantua 2 technically is part of season 6.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah, same with the halloween episode and season 5.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have season 1-3 on DVD, I'll probably just buy 4-6 on stupid primitive discs.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Thorpe/status/987393608855662592?s=19

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Thorpe/status/987404747790413824?s=19

Here's hoping

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

qirex posted:

Are you serious? That's pretty much one of the only reasons I signed up for Hulu too is when my old VB DVDs stopped working.

I might have to go with the YouTube purchase idea, at least the internet will never stop working. :downs:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So goddamn excited about this book.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm actually checking my order list on amazon,I forgot I ordered this like in 2014. I like how the release date says January 1, 2035.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I literally couldn't remember if I'd preordered this book. I did, in 2016.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I've preordered twice. Either I cancelled the first one or it was cancelled for me, back when the book was first delayed for like 2 years

Also I started the commentaries the other night :3: it's a shame they didn't do it in every episode on season 1.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, the original book is a different listing than the current one. The first one was just an art book, the new one is an art book and a retrospective.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

A retrospective on how long it took to produce the art book?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, the original book is a different listing than the current one. The first one was just an art book, the new one is an art book and a retrospective.

Could someone share the correct/current ISBN number?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It's cute you're all getting excited, but I'd like one of you goons to post a photo of the book in your hands so I know this is for real.

And for any Brandon Sanderson fans, I recently listened to Warbreaker and all I could think about was the Perfect Man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nudMeycCvTc

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pershing posted:

Could someone share the correct/current ISBN number?
I also preordered the old one and had to cancel it and re-preorder the new one (and they wouldn't honor the price), so I can just go to my order and find the book's Amazon page and get you the ISBN, which is

quote:

ISBN-10: 1506704875
ISBN-13: 978-1506704876

edit: note to self I'm gonna have to change the address on this order because I'm moving before it releases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Looks like Venture Brothers and most of the other Adult Swim and Cartoon Network shows that were going to be taken off Hulu are no longer set to expire*, guess it was just a temporary licensing thing they were sorting out

*although Dexter's Laboratory got removed