Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Retro Futurist (6): Sandwolf, Harold Krell, Yami Fenrir, Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Harold Krell (1): Retro Futurist

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Nutsack Rangoon, zzyzx

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 19th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 56 minutes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The group gathers to discuss the matters at hand. After revelations brought up, there is brief discussion and then general silence. The silence is deafening. Some try to speak up, but a lack of engagement seizes the group. Is it fear? Is it apathy? No one can be sure what lies in the hearts of those clinging on for the rest of their life.

All that is known is that it just takes a spark to ignite a fire. After the seed has been planted, everyone latches on. If Retro Futurist is not going to be helpful, he must be the next one gone.

He is thrown out the airlock with minimal protest.

:siren: Retro Futurist, Adilah Hessa, Space Station Scientist (Vanilla Town), was lynched Day 2. :siren:

The next moments happen too fast for you to even realize what is going on. The ship shakes as if drifting through unknown space turbulence. That doesn't make any sense though. That's not how space works. The lights flicker and go out.

A scream is heard. When the ship stabilizes and the lights turn back on, a body is found.

:siren:zzyzx, Manuela Ribeiro, Space Station Scientist (Vanilla Town), was killed by Zealots Day 2. :siren:

Sticking out of their back is a dagger with a note attached. The note reads: "JUST. ORB."

"Just.... orb?" reads Anomalous Amalgam aloud? "JUST....... ORB...... J̷̳͛̇UST.̷̲͘͠ ORB. J̮̺̲́u҉S͇̞̩͖t̩͈̩̞͘ ͔͔͍Or͍B̶͖̫̠̗̹ J͗ͨ̉̏̔̑̎҉͚̙̺͇̀͡Ŭ͇͔̗̟̝͒̍͒̾ͨ̃͞Ŝ̰͖̦ͬ͑͡ͅT̰̠̝͊̆̿͂̐́̆̅̾!̣̱͉̈̇ͫͫ͗̕!̶͓̺͙͔̃͟͝!̵̨͇̙͓̳̥̿̀̊̔̚ " Ô̱̩͙͈̞̼͂ͥ̋̎̂͛̈͒ͅR̳͉̻̙̮̖̲͔̩ͥ̂ͭͪͧ̓̕B̴̬̫̞̬͐̃ͥͅ!̝̜͇͕̻͎̜̰̍̆̀ͣ͝ͅ!̢͉̲̺̄ͯ̂̈͠!̝̭̳̪̯̮̼ͥ͗͠ =J̸̧̰̞̺͎͖̟̻̖͇̬̗̣̖͇̜̭̽̓ͨ̉ͪ͞U̠̲̗̟̯̜̤̤̝̲̻̤̮̪̞͇̅ͩ̌̂̈̓͋̀S̢ͣͫ̃̓̓̋̅́͝͏̴̬̣̠̯̟̲̯T̔ͯ͗ͯͭ͐̓̓̎͗̎̌͛̓ͬ̑̏̀҉̴͔̝̲͘͟͡ ̴͖̙̭̠͖͈̬̱̠͕̟̇́̿͒̇̇̿̄͞O̸̵͉̭͖͙̪̲͙͈̭̩̲̐̇ͤ̔ͦ́͟͢R̴̰̞͈̥͉͍͔̠̙͉̙̗̱͔͕̻̣̽̑̅̀̒͊̑̄́͡ͅB̨̨̢̧̥͚͓͈ͨ̇͗ͨͤ̐̋̾̍͑͂͂̓͆͆ͧ͋͂͜!͒ͫ͑͑̍́̎̀ͮ̄̿̇̚҉̵̫̪̲̤͇͜͡!͗ͩ̐̓͆ͭ̏ͥ҉͎͚̻̖̮̜͈̯̟̯̭̰͢!̘͚̩̙͎̳̲̙̙ͤͫ̒͊͊̀͡ͅ "

And with that, they explode..

:siren: Anomalous Amalgam, Hannah Bevington, Identity Unknown, explodes Day 2. :siren:

There is a moment of silence and then someone shouts, "Mother FUCKER!"

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Harold Krell posted:

Excuse me? Didn't I just get chastised for being one of the first people posting telling others to post more? People are busy. Deal with it. There has been A LOT of content generated in a short time, and this will require some discernible work to go through all the posts. To just make assumptions simply because you think you're the king of the world and demand it would be viscerally irresponsible on my part, so I have no idea why you think forcing me to explain myself right no would work in any way.

Also, if you HAD looked at my previous posts (you haven't), you would have known I had put forth a general assumption concerning role assignment, which is really the only piece of logic to go on until I can enrich my mind on the more recent events of the game.

how’s that enriched mind treatin ya?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Has anyone been infected?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because what if letting him live into the night means another person gets whatever he has and the next person doesn’t tell us.

Do you think outside of that claim he’s been posting pretty townie? Because really that should be the criteria over a claim like this anyway

In light of recent news this seems rather prescient

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

Has anyone been infected?

I remain infection free.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

how’s that enriched mind treatin ya?

I'm sorry? What say do you have my dialogue with that other player?

Please explain this.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Harold Krell posted:

I'm sorry? What say do you have my dialogue with that other player?

Please explain this.

I’ve got dyslexia and I literally can not parse this. I’m truly sorry

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

In light of recent news this seems rather prescient

Are you saying that you got infected last night?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

Are you saying that you got infected last night?

No what I’m saying is we have no way of knowing if someone got infected last night unless they confess or already knew it could happen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes... I’m a little leery of people who shrugged him off yesterday. Since he went out like AS who never said anything about her role pretty sure it was all lies. Shocking!

Between that and scum we need to get on our game today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Team effort!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello is this thing on?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello is this thing on?

Apparently not. :(

We really need to start to coming up with some answers. I don't think any scum has died yet, and this is probably the last day if we don't successfully lynch one.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Harold Krell posted:

Apparently not. :(

We really need to start to coming up with some answers. I don't think any scum has died yet, and this is probably the last day if we don't successfully lynch one.

Why? With wrt to the first assumption & not the second.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Why? With wrt to the first assumption & not the second.

Uh... we need to come up with answers in order to find any new information whatsoever and to actually, you know, play the game? Why would YOU be opposed to having people post more?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Okay, first up, effort post incoming. tl;dr at the bottom.

Secondly, I’d like to apologize for my behavior earlier. I realized that I’ve kind of been hiding behind my newbie status in order to get away with scummy behavior. In addition, I’m sorry for my lack of posting the last few days. I’ve been kind of beat due to work, and have found myself unable to concentrate properly on the game.

As such, I’d like to give you express permission to lynch me if you truly think I’m scum. However, I’d like to ask you to hear me out first.

I’m town, believe it or not. I’m Moriya Ikarashi, not that I have any idea if that’s supposed to be an actual character somewhere or not. I’m also not infected.

---

I think the reason I appear experienced is because I’ve been trying to imitate the methods of more experienced posters like Bif and Inf, but I’ve come to realize that I don’t actually know what to look for while using them, so in the end I have nothing to show for the things I tried to do. I’ve switched over to a style of scumreading that feels more natural to me now, and I hope this works better.

I can only bring up Throne of Lies once again as a comparison, but my scum play is a lot different than here. I tend to be passive and opportunistic when I’m evil, and go for people that seem the most town, not people that think me as suspicious. I’m a firm believer that killing someone accusing you is far too obvious a tell.

If I were scum, I’d have killed Sombrero night 1, and Sandwolf night 2, for reference.

---

Ultimately, I’ve found it really difficult to get reads on people this game, due to the relative sluggishness of posting and the lack of things to really talk about such as ability results. However, I’d still like to share what I ultimately ended up with.

Also, I have a theory that AA might have been scum. I’ll explain why I think so during my opinions on other people.

quote:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK

Despite our earlier disagreement, I have come to think of them as town. They claim to be inexperienced with the community, and I'm inclined to believe that.

Just like me, they kind of seem to be flailing in the dark, but they likely have less experience with social deduction games than I have. I can at least go back to my mindset from other games.

What really makes me think this, however, are the kills that happened n1. I think they were meant to frame Rock, who seemed inexperienced. Not one, but two kills targeted at people that were suspicious of players who claimed or appeared to be new seems too convenient to me to really be done by those newbies.

I think even an inexperienced player would realize that if people that die just HAPPENED to accuse them of being scum the day before would eventually lead back to them.

I think Rock is Town.

quote:

Harold Krell

I’m still not 100% on Krell, but I think they aren’t scum. They may be 3P, but in the context of my other reads, them being scum doesn’t make sense.

Ultimately, though, they barely got any content. Almost all of their posts are just about defending themselves. The only vote they’ve done is the self-defending vote against RF, and there’s no opinion on anyone to be found, other than RF, who was voting them.

I think Krell is Not Town.

quote:

Somberbrero

Their posting seems town enough of me, but it kind of reeks of a lack of commitment to me. I haven’t seen any real reads posted by them yet, only a lot of accusations and questions.

On the other hand, their voting seems careful enough, and it feels organic.

I really don’t know know what to think of Somb.

quote:

CCKeane

Keane’s repeatedly been pinging my scumdar. Their post history is a lot of prodding, accusations, and general jumping on people.

In my opinion, basically all non-content, and trying to find some sort of angle to push a mislynch on. Speaking of which, every single person they voted up so far has been town, with the exception of Rock, who’s still alive (and I think is town).

They don’t mention Nut, whose lurking is still scummy as hell, at all. Or AA, until their infection happens.

And then they post two contradicting posts about AA in rapid succession. First, that they believe them.

And then suddenly, AA’s claim is weird, but ultimately irrelevant? I think something happened here. Quite possibly communication between him and AA. Quite noticeably to me is that AA, Nut, and Keane have never really seemed to even have looked at each other…

Until AA claimed the infection. My theory here is that Keane had no idea what his teammate was doing, and the aforementioned exchange happened. The only thing that throws me off here is AA claiming that Keane was scum, but it’s quite possible that it was supposed to throw us off Keane’s track, given that AA turned out to be lying after all.

Given that their post history before AA amounted to very little, I almost think that AA’s claim about turning 3P was bullshit to begin with, and AA was trying to give Keane town cred with the argument about his alignment, given how strangely active he suddenly became at that point. AA was dying anyway, so why not help your teammate look townie? Someone mentioned that AA likes doing gambits. What if this too is one?

The reason I think that is because something just seemed off to me. AS would essentially have automatically won the game n1 if we believe AA’s story. Pair that with AA throwing a lot of shade at people earlier, all things considered, and a lot of setup spec. It really makes me think AA might actually have been scum.

Either way, I think Keane is scum.

quote:

Hal Incandenza

I’m a little wary of them still, due to their low post count, but they appear town to me. Trying to get people to post in these games is a pretty town thing to do. They were also healthily suspicious of me earlier, without being pushy, which makes me think they’re carefully thinking about their choices.

Questioning AA so heavily seems right to me too, all things considered. A lot of us (me included, of course) were too focused on RF’s stupid policy vote. RF was an incredibly easy mislynch to push, and Hal didn’t go for it early, only hammering late when it was clear nobody else was likely to get lynched

I think Hal is Town.

quote:

Nutsack Rangoon

I’ll be frank, I don’t think Nutsack has posted a single useful thing all game. Quite a few of their posts seem aimed to stop discussion (such as “jokephase is over”) or quoting the OP regarding the night actions during the infection discussion.

They also lacked on to the “AA’s claim is weird” argument NEARLY AT THE EXACT SAME TIME (2 minutes apart!) Keane did. Considering how much of a lurker Nutsack is, I don't think this is a coincidence. It's as if the three of AA, Keane, and Nutsack were discussing this in scumdoc to try and bus AA for cred.

I think Nutsack is scum.

quote:

Sandwolf

Their posting seems right to me. While I want to hear more of their opinions on people, their attention is directed at people that appear scummy, but unlike Keane, not only people who ended up flipping town soon after a lynch.

In general their posting seems organic and their frustration over the lack of posts genuine.

I think Sandwolf is town.

tl;dr:

I think AA was scum, and Nutsack and Keane are on his team. AA ended up lying, and I don’t think they lied solely about what they chose. My theory is that the 3P story was entirely bogus, and he wanted his teammates to call him out on it for cred, since he was dying anyway. If we had lynched him, it'd have barely mattered to his team since he was dying anyway, if we hadn't, his teammates would have gained some cred and he'd have massively diverted discussion towards him. RF being such an easy mislynch only made it even better for them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Harold Krell posted:

Uh... we need to come up with answers in order to find any new information whatsoever and to actually, you know, play the game? Why would YOU be opposed to having people post more?

Thank you Krell for this and for your volunteer service. You are a true pillar of this community

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thank you Krell for this and for your volunteer service. You are a true pillar of this community

Hal, I sort of trust you. What are you reads? Who do you think is scum? Please tell me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

By the way, I won't be around when the deadline hits, because it's when I'll be sleeping, again.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I’m out of town this weekend with family. So I don’t have a lot of time to post deep analysis. We’ve still got some time tho

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

8 hours isn't a lot, given timezone differences.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Ok I’ve got a few minutes. There are currently no votes on anyone and the day ends in ~6.5 hours. I would vote the Krell or Nut

Krell has a low post count and was cagey when I asked them if they had any updates

Nut has basically been absent this entire game and would make a good candidate for scum or a 3p role

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Mafia edit: vote for not vote the

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Harold Krell, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Nutsack Rangoon, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Yami Fenrir

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 21st, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 7 hours.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Soooo is anybody going to put up their own reads, or comment on mine, or vote, or something? We're kind of running out of time here.

But we can agree that Nutsack Rangoon isn't very helpful yes?

Since I have no idea about the consensus atm, I'll vote them.

##vote Nutsack Rangoon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hal, I sort of trust you. What are you reads? Who do you think is scum? Please tell me.

I feel pretty good about you, Rock seems alright too. I lean town on Sandwolf and Somber now.

I don't feel great about Keane, he has been fairly active but he mostly has just gone along with easy stuff and the places he's put effort in have turned out to be town.

I wish I had more of a read on Nutsack. I always like to think scum would put in at least a token effort but he's claim to be completely disinterested in the game so maybe he is being a super lovely scum.

Most everyone else has posted so little I can't even get a read on them.

I'll probably just vote Nutsack since he's not helping anything anyway

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel pretty good about you, Rock seems alright too. I lean town on Sandwolf and Somber now.

I don't feel great about Keane, he has been fairly active but he mostly has just gone along with easy stuff and the places he's put effort in have turned out to be town.

I wish I had more of a read on Nutsack. I always like to think scum would put in at least a token effort but he's claim to be completely disinterested in the game so maybe he is being a super lovely scum.

Most everyone else has posted so little I can't even get a read on them.

I'll probably just vote Nutsack since he's not helping anything anyway

Jeez we have lost so many people these only person left I didn't comment on is Krell. He's hard to read as always.

If I had to pick scum I guess it would be Keane and Nutsack then maybe one of Sandwolf/Somber. Probably somber. But Keane is a much stronger feel

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm here but I'm chillin' with the s/o, Hal's recent posts strike me as very on par with his town play. Though I am curious why he has such a strong town read on somber?

I'd vote Nutsack, he hasn't really said anything of value, and that post about how he has no interest seemed like a cheap way to get off of not having any opinions.

Krell hasn't said anything significant since D1 either. Rock and somber have been around but not saying tremendous amounts, but nothing they've said has struck me as particularly suspicious.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Faaaaartz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

God bless this game [b]##vote Nutsack[b]

Sorry old friend

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dang I never do that! ##vote Nutsack

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Nutsack

This looks like a no lunch though. Where the gently caress is everybody?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I’m at a dinner party then bar with the older fam later. I’d rather vote lurker than no-lynch ##vote Nutsack

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
wait what ##vote nutsack i thought i had more time

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
we're losing i think

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Nutsack Rangoon (5): Yami Fenrir, Hal Incandenza, Sandwolf, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Somberbrero

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, Harold Krell, Nutsack Rangoon

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 21st, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 14 minutes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The crew spends majority of the day in silence. It is hard to make heads or tails of the situation. And at this point, no one feels any motivation to put forth any effort.

"Let's kill Nutsack I guess?" Everyone agrees half-heartedly.

:siren: Nutsack Rangoon, Giulianna Arévalo, Space Station Scientist (Vanilla Town), was lynched Day 3. :siren:

With that, Hal slumps forward, in his back is a dagger. "We're still here too!" reads the note attached.

Hal looks around, "Why.... would you.... ORB!"

He explodes.

:siren: Hal Incandenza, Declan Collins, Identity Unknown, explodes Day 3. :siren:

Welp.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Looks like AA told a half truth and Hal you were right

• Locked thread