Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I want a draw, that way I can kind of have both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

HORKS
WAT
DID
U
DO

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Turn up at half time?

I actually would've kind of felt bad if the NORF was completed considering.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
I put $5 on the Hawks when they were $51 at half time. Could have cashed out when the hawks were around 4 goals down and got $50 and enjoyed the North win.

I'm loving that we are proving a lot of media experts wrong again. Shame about Higgins getting knocked out, wonder if he will remember the birth of his daughter this morning.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Meh

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Come on Brissy!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Battle of the basketcases is p good

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Fun finish. Rayner should've kicked that goal for the draw (although Lynch should've kicked the sealer a min earlier).

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Well that’s another round in the books. Bring on round 6 I say.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Well that’s another round in the books. Bring on round 6 I say.

The fun hasn't even began. :getin:

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've been out of the country for the last month and haven't seen any games, is it true that Jake Lever sucks now and Tom Doedee is the GOAT?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

racing identity posted:

I've been out of the country for the last month and haven't seen any games, is it true that Jake Lever sucks now and Tom Doedee is the GOAT?

This checks out op

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

racing identity posted:

Not only that but North appear to be good and Adelaide beat Sydney at the SCG with no Crouch brothers or Sloane

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I couldn't even tell you which clubs would be sure to make the Top 4 except maybe Richmond, possibly also West Coast with their start.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenmovement posted:

Not only that but North appear to be good and Adelaide beat Sydney at the SCG with no Crouch brothers or Sloane

Maybe we don't live in hellworld after all

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

NTRabbit's "Crouch brothers are frauds" theory confirmed

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

To be fair to Lever, Goodwin decided to play him as a second KPD for a couple of weeks for some unknown and bizarre reason. Also you’d probably expect someone to take a while to adjust to playing in a new back line with a significantly different game plan(lose a lot)

I didn’t think he was worth the money reported or the draft picks then, and I still don’t now, but it’s probably a little early to call him a scrub imo

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Melbourne have been a thorn in the Tigers’ side for a few years regardless of where the two were at. They only beat them last year in a comeback after the Dees suffered injuries midgame and hadn’t beat them since 2013 before then. Considering the amount of upsets we’re seeing I predict Richmond to win by 100+ points.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

To be fair to Lever, Goodwin decided to play him as a second KPD for a couple of weeks for some unknown and bizarre reason. Also you’d probably expect someone to take a while to adjust to playing in a new back line with a significantly different game plan(lose a lot)

I didn’t think he was worth the money reported or the draft picks then, and I still don’t now, but it’s probably a little early to call him a scrub imo

Frost is out injured/dropped so he'll be back to playing second KPD.

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009

Windmill Hut posted:

Frost is out injured/dropped so he'll be back to playing second KPD.

On who vs Richmond? Townsend?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t know what Sicily did this time but he needs to pull his loving head in. He’s a good player but he keeps getting goaded into doing stupid poo poo too easily and every player on opposition teams know how easy to tilt he is. If he is guilty of whatever this charge is, then I want Hawthorn to double whatever the penalty is. 3 week suspension? Have an extra 3 at Box Hill. We can’t afford for him to be acting like this and getting banned often.

In other news, despite knocking Higgins out with a head clash after choosing to bump, Burton didn’t get cited. So good on Christian for being consistent on that front.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

loving lol at Mitchell not being done for throwing an elbow to the head way off play

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Oh also the idea of a head clash not being a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a bump was something we were supposed to have sorted out following another Lindsay Thomas special years back but oh well at least they got it wrong consistently this year

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

loving lol at Mitchell not being done for throwing an elbow to the head way off play

As if anything was going to be done about that. The AFL will move heaven and earth to protect a Brownlow favourite

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m lolling at the idea that anyone genuinely thought Mitchell would go for that (at his odds)

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Na mate, an elbow to the head is just 'misconduct'. What are ya weak as piss or something?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

I’m lolling at the idea that anyone genuinely thought Mitchell would go for that (at his odds)

Fyfe went in 2014 (for a head clash!)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

How exactly did Burton get off when Douglas was given a week

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Someone hasn’t been reading the thread

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Someone hasn’t been reading the thread

He’s still of the opinion that any movement of Merrets head was just preemptive whiplash

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Douglas chose to bump and made contact to the head.

Burton chose to bump and this resulted in a clash of heads. The interpretation of head clashes this year is that a head clash is not automatically deemed a foreseeable consequence of initiating a bump. This is a departure from the interpretation that had been in place since 2014 (because of Lindsay Thomas killing I think Corey Maynard?), but has been consistently applied across the two relevant incidents this tear.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
this new MRP format working beautifully :itwaspoo:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Michael Christian is an idiot, no surprises here. Mitchell and Burton getting off is ridiculous.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
so far I think he’s done a better job than the mrp has in previous years.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

so far I think he’s done a better job than the mrp has in previous years.

Clearly you would

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
He should stop picking on poor James though

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Former hawks and blues player and radio host daniel harford is the new carlton aflw coach.

Coming across from an assistant aflw coach position at collingwood.
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/988582216190984192?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lindsay Thomas should definitely call Campbell Brown and Wayne Carey as character witnesses imo

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ou...14d15d6fb88ab11

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Tell us more about reputation, Wayne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Can’t wait for footy to be back tomorrow!