Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Why is MovieBob mentioned in this thread when he's a pro eugenics piece of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He is an Internet personality.

He’s more like Joeysworldtour where instead of food he shoved down his face, it’s Twitter posts about Eugenics.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

This is insane.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

He is an Internet personality.

He’s more like Joeysworldtour where instead of food he shoved down his face, it’s Twitter posts about Eugenics.

Anyone who advocates for eugenics is a disgusting piece of poo poo and should be shunned

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But he we shouldn’t not make fun of him.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Film Robert is a valuable study the same way Amazing Atheist is, in that they're both the logical endpoints of sociopolitical trajectories: if you base your self worth on dunking on people, you end up dunking on anybody who provides an easy target, which ends up being the people already victimized most by society, and if you base your self worth on a presumed intelligence, you end up characterizing people with less access to education as subhuman.

E: so I'm watching the latest Jenny Nicholson and this isn't meant as ragging on her, I enjoy her videos, but what's with the weird high angle she goes for in her videos? It's a noticeable departure from the usual level angle you usually see from YouTube people talking to the camera and given how often she looks up, above the camera even which is particularly noticeable given the high angle, it just strikes me as odd.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Apr 22, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Leal posted:

Always remember: Lol Doug Walker. I don't even watch him just to find new material to mock him for, does he still use the onboard camera?

it's just weird that even for his passion project he didn't get professional grade equipment despite renting out space to film his new show. and why kill the critic? just keep making the videos (not like they take a lot of time and effort to produce) to make sure you got the benjamins rolling in.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

For my passion project, i shot it with my 7 year old camera, in 3 days, with little money or equipment and shot half of it in the IKEA parking lot.

But then again I didn’t have a Kickstarter go get me 90 grand so I don’t know what Doug’s problem is.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's just weird that even for his passion project he didn't get professional grade equipment despite renting out space to film his new show. and why kill the critic? just keep making the videos (not like they take a lot of time and effort to produce) to make sure you got the benjamins rolling in.

Also, maybe hire somebody who can operate such equipment. imean, if the whole stick is going to be to reactant movies, you might want to extend that to the different cinematic styles as well, giving your parodies a little more depth.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I did not expect to sit in rapt attention for the entire hour. This one is crazier than Trapped on a Island with [teen idol whose name I forgot].

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish more people did videos on creepypasta because even the "good" ones are oftentimes poo poo. the one about the closed disney attraction she made fun of was great.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

business hammocks posted:

I did not expect to sit in rapt attention for the entire hour. This one is crazier than Trapped on a Island with [teen idol whose name I forgot].

So I looked it up and that second book she has, the sequel, is almost 5 times as long as the first book.

I'm looking forward to this series of videos, as directed by Peter Jackson.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I just watched Lindsay Ellis's Part 3 of a 2 Part story about The Hobbit, and the end is all about how finding out the background to an Artist inevitably colours how you see their art once you're an adult.

And this the week The Nostalgia Critic left Channel Awesome (and is suing for the name) and everything I've seen 4th hand on what happened (in which I have not been able to find a conclusive explanation yet, I need to read back the last 1053 pages of these threads to find out) ends up changing how I feel about his reviews.

Weird timing for it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wish more people did videos on creepypasta because even the "good" ones are oftentimes poo poo. the one about the closed disney attraction she made fun of was great.

I really wish there was more of a horror fan community on Youtube in general to be honest, but yea there's a real void in the creepypasta community other than narrators.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Comstar posted:

And this the week The Nostalgia Critic left Channel Awesome (and is suing for the name)

Wait when did this development happen

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

MiddleOne posted:

Wait when did this development happen

Completely unfounded rumor.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Raycevick just uploaded a video about Warframe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbHFGE4Siow

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

I Before E posted:

E: so I'm watching the latest Jenny Nicholson and this isn't meant as ragging on her, I enjoy her videos, but what's with the weird high angle she goes for in her videos? It's a noticeable departure from the usual level angle you usually see from YouTube people talking to the camera and given how often she looks up, above the camera even which is particularly noticeable given the high angle, it just strikes me as odd.

Because the plush dolls are the real stars.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The porg is actually the critic, Jenny is just the vessel for their words, please respect the porg, he went to film school.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Holy gently caress that Jeff the Killer fanfic was POWERFUL, especially the ending.

"Why does Smile Dog get to be part of the pantheon?!"

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

I just noticed Jenny Nicholson recently added a new Patreon tier.

Patreon posted:

The Sixers
$6 or more per month
It's exactly the same as the $5 tier but I call you Sixers like in Ready Player One

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Garrand posted:

So I looked it up and that second book she has, the sequel, is almost 5 times as long as the first book.

I'm looking forward to this series of videos, as directed by Peter Jackson.

I was absolutely aghast when she held up the second, much thicker book at the end. I did not expect the author of a 100-page throwaway story with a rushed ending to have the dedication to produce a novel of that size.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
My favorite ("favorite") creepypastas are dumb video game creepypastas. Slowbeef did dramatic readings of a bunch of them a while ago, the best ones being either The True Rorroh or Hear Its Cry.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo4M1tlpv9rt9Q3mdIHWdeNBGU-riKEsT

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

I really wish there was more of a horror fan community on Youtube in general to be honest, but yea there's a real void in the creepypasta community other than narrators.

I do appreciate the narrators though. There's so many horror short stories online, that a huge number of them are going to be bad so having SOME kind of filter like someone picking and choosing stories to read or a thread with the best ones is helpful. Is there even still a creepypasta thread on these forums?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I do appreciate the narrators though. There's so many horror short stories online, that a huge number of them are going to be bad so having SOME kind of filter like someone picking and choosing stories to read or a thread with the best ones is helpful. Is there even still a creepypasta thread on these forums?

Oh yea there's good narrators for sure, I love guys like Mr Creeps and Darkness Prevails for background noise, I just wish there was, like, ANY source for analysis/review too because whoo do even the good 'pastas deserve a critical look.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

JordanKai posted:

I was absolutely aghast when she held up the second, much thicker book at the end. I did not expect the author of a 100-page throwaway story with a rushed ending to have the dedication to produce a novel of that size.

Never underestimate a fanficcer's ability to churn out way too much content once they've proven to themself they can finish a story.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if it will be in such bad taste that it includes the real-life slenderman killer kids.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I also really do like that Jenny ended it with 'look it's fanfic, any of us who wrote fanfic probably have a story like this that she's probably embarrassed by in 2018 already but it's kinda worth talking about because of the social context more than anything (also yikes)'

It's nice when the punchline isn't just lazy 'lol fanfic is stupid am I right guys'

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

Alacron posted:

My favorite ("favorite") creepypastas are dumb video game creepypastas. Slowbeef did dramatic readings of a bunch of them a while ago, the best ones being either The True Rorroh or Hear Its Cry.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo4M1tlpv9rt9Q3mdIHWdeNBGU-riKEsT

The Godzilla NES one is a guilty pleasure of mine. Starts VERY neat, though it starts to lose track of its own sense of reality after a while. Falls squarely into the PHOTOREALISTIC BLOOD trope pretty hard, which is a shame, you can absolutely pull off solid creepy horror with 8-bit graphics if you're clever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Phelous had the crazy old man reads creepypasta thing.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

There's a channel that does terrible creepypasta readings with the playlist name "Bad Creepypasta" with one of the earlier videos including an english teacher as a guest.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I want to tell you about Internet Personality Vangelus! He's a pleasant Canadian man who reviews action figures, mostly Transformers and Transformers-alikes. The videos are well shot, edited and lit, and he's informative while still being entertaining.

He's apparently a perfectionist who's never happy with his work, so he puts subtitles on his videos to humourously point out where he did something wrong or clarify something he said in the video. He used to be part of CA, but left a long time ago. Here's his latest video, on an old Optimus Prime that seems neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlZNbqIWSno

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
How Baba Yaga Mangles Slavic Mythology — Slavic Folklore Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXay2360_M
Tale Foundry

Bonus: Spring Break - Good Bad Flicks

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 22, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean, I don't LP full time or anything close to a job. But even I bought a blue yeti (after buying a blue snowball!), I put more money into audio recording equipment for my hobby that has made me zero dollars then Doug Walker has spent across 10 years and possibly making a million with.

And its not like a blue yeti is top tier recording equipment, but its higher up then a freaking on board mic.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I never post in this thread but I recently found this youtuber called Dead Meat who does review type videos on horror movies but his main gimmick is that he focus on all the deaths in the movies.

He has been on youtube for a year now but he seems to be getting really popular and I really like his videos so I thought to share his channel here.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The problem with Doug Walker is if I want to learn about movies from the 80s and 90s that I'd either never want to watch myself or hadn't even heard of, the bulk of the time they'd been reviewed by him and his terrible style. This discourages better reviewers from talking about those films because he'd already done them, unless they feel strongly about a movie or just don't care about Doug Walker.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
no please stop, all this content on just one page, I have a life dammit

Anyway Cartoons 101 has broken his months long hiatus to bring us a short update on what the cast of Smallville have been up to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut3xH9vmNnw

... oh wait he also posted something a few weeks ago about Rugrats, huh.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 22, 2018

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Secret World of Allison Mack is really disturbing poo poo. At least she was running the bondage cult and not just tortured and coerced into sex like the rest of them.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

business hammocks posted:

The Secret World of Allison Mack is really disturbing poo poo. At least she was running the bondage cult and not just tortured and coerced into sex like the rest of them.

Is that really better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

An article by Salon on the Channel Awesome drama just went up. https://www.salon.com/2018/04/22/the-triumph-and-tragedy-of-channel-awesome/

It has comments from contributors and Doug Walker.