Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

bloom posted:

If they delay the show for years and then cancel it it'll become the greatest adaptation of all time.

Now that’s something worth waiting for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is there a season 8 spoilers thread? I can't find it for the life of me.

As a bonus, here's the fantastic imgur album where I argue succintly that Euron Greyjoy is a True Hero of The People. (based on a comment itt, of course)
https://imgur.com/gallery/Mxlyz#vJgr1GU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

RCarr posted:

I hope no one ever finishes the story, but instead keep creating new mediums to show us 80% of it. Can’t wait until 10 years from now when the Broadway hit game of thrones isn’t finished either.

god this would be wonderful.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

bloom posted:

If they delay the show for years and then cancel it it'll become the greatest adaptation of all time.

Only if in place of GoT we get Gurm doing football commentary during the season and comicon coverage in the off-season.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Is there a season 8 spoilers thread? I can't find it for the life of me.

I've held off on creating it because it's not airing until 2019, so I'll probably wait until the end of this year. A lot of spoilers are out though, by the time I create the topic we'll probably have them all.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Did it actually get delayed or did everyone forget that season 8 was always going to be in 2019 and get mad about it? Again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

counterfeitsaint posted:

Did it actually get delayed or did everyone forget that season 8 was always going to be in 2019 and get mad about it? Again.

The latter.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao I love how that keeps happening.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

RCarr posted:

I hope no one ever finishes the story, but instead keep creating new mediums to show us 80% of it. Can’t wait until 10 years from now when the Broadway hit game of thrones isn’t finished either.
each successive medium gets closer and closer to the end but none ever quite reach the conclusion

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!
A Paradox of Zeno's

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Each generation of game of thrones extended universe writers will be able to conquer a new kingdom, spinning yarns of epic battles at winterfell and king's landing and storm's end alike, but like the targaryens, none of them will ever be able to conquer dorne.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GRRM's first law: Why finish what you can abandon?

GRRM's second law: New characters and plotlines > resolution.

GRRM's third law: Dorne will always be disappointing

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

kcroy posted:

god this would be wonderful.

Just wait for the novelization of the comic of the game of the movie of the spin-off serieses!

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Last I heard it was coming at the usual time (now) 2019, isn't the end of the year bit new?

Whatever, I started watching The Americans and that was a nice reminder of what good tv is like

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Hey Westworld is back so you can watch more about robots and their feelings.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

mind the walrus posted:

GRRM's first law: Why finish what you can abandon?

GRRM's second law: New characters and plotlines > resolution.

GRRM's third law: Dorne will always be disappointing

That which is never finished has conquered eternity.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What is dead (this book series) may never die

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Elias_Maluco posted:

What is dead (this book series) may never die

Dead insinuates completion.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The best thing is that when the universe is overtaken by entropy and collapses into itself again, this series will finally have an end.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The best thing is that when the universe is overtaken by entropy and collapses into itself again, this series will finally have an end.

The only thing to survive the end of existence will be a copy of A Dace With Dragons with every page burnt unreadably black expect for this one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Even the arrow of time can't reach the top of The Wall.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

If the infinite universe theory is true then there's a universe out there where GRMM has finished the series.

Also one where book 6 is just the word nuncle over and over

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Given an infinite number of monkeys chained to an infinite number of typewriters over the span of an infinite length of time, one among their number will eventually finish writing A Song of Ice and Fire through sheer random chance.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I do not want to live in a universe filled with an effectively infinite number of monkeys and typewriters. My jaw can only be ripped out of my head so many times, and you know every goddamn monkey will want to do it.

And the infinitely echoing carriage return chiming...

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SaviourX posted:

Just wait for the novelization of the comic of the game of the movie of the spin-off serieses!

It would just be so awesome - sort of like a shaggy dog story. Where every attempt to finish the series met with disaster, and each new medium attempted to get it right. over and over. I could live in that world.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So does HBO have anything else at all to keep viewers once GoT ends? I don't think Westworld has the staying power to keep people invested. In fact, after that first episode, I think we may be in a True Detective type situation where they don't know what the gently caress to do so just kind of try and rehash what made the first season somewhat bearable.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There's always more tits and cgi dragons.

They're already working on like 4 different GoT spinoffs.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Solice Kirsk posted:

So does HBO have anything else at all to keep viewers once GoT ends? I don't think Westworld has the staying power to keep people invested. In fact, after that first episode, I think we may be in a True Detective type situation where they don't know what the gently caress to do so just kind of try and rehash what made the first season somewhat bearable.

They have 4-5 GoT spinoffs in production, the gravy train isn't even close to being off the rails.

e;fb

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

None of those are going to be any good. They're all gonna be prequals and what not. Dollars to donuts one of them is going to be about Daario and what happens in Essos after Dany left.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
Why isn't the book out yet?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

OhYeah posted:

Why isn't the book out yet?

Absolute Fucker absolutely fucks.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nothing is going to have the same dick deep in the zeitgeist the way GoT does. I was pretty undewhelmed by westworld s2 but I think it'll ramp up a bit once they start going out of the park. It's hard to capture that same opening 'holy poo poo' feel. Fahrenheit 451 seems interesting-ish.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

I remember when HBO showed movies. Of course that was back when movies were actually somewhat good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bring back Taxi Cab Confessions and long form interviews with serial killers.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Bring back Oz. I want more weird bookends of a cripple in a spinning cube surrounding all the riots, murder, and assrape I can handle.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dangerllama posted:

Hey Westworld is back so you can watch more about robots and their feelings.

owned by first episode that's almost entirely literal/action besides a few "what is real?" lines and Bernard talking about a dream.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bring back Oz. I want more weird bookends of a cripple in a spinning cube surrounding all the riots, murder, and assrape I can handle.

This but it's a reality show starring incels

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

They should go find the set creators for Rome, make another series about the decline of the Republic. Get some screen writer to adopt Rubicon, and the media can constantly be full of hot takes about which character is Don Trump.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

They should go find the set creators for Rome, make another series about the decline of the Republic. Get some screen writer to adopt Rubicon, and the media can constantly be full of hot takes about which character is Don Trump.

Rome, but with dragons. I'd watch that.

Oh! Or Rome, but with dragons, and robots! Someone get a hold of that one goon with Rome robot red text and let him know we've found a place for him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The next book is fully completed somewhere in the Library of Babel.