Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Huh? Was Nutsack loved or something? How did they die to Zealots instead of lynching? Why would scum eher kill them? I don't understand....

Also town's probably screwed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Huh? Was Nutsack loved or something? How did they die to Zealots instead of lynching? Why would scum eher kill them? I don't understand....

Also town's probably screwed?

That’s my bad. Copy/pasted the wrong line. He was lynched. Not killed by zealots.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

So Hal was double killed then. Interesting.

I'm fairly sure we can't get 4 votes up, though, but I'm going to vote Keane anyway, according to my effortpost from yesterday. My opinion on Keane has not changed.

##vote CCKeane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Nah.

Don't think town is going to win so vOv.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rock's still alive, right? I'll go there and okay, then everybody can vote me and whatever.

##vote: Rock

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Your D1 behavior strikes me as you having a power role and trying to muddle the water around you, but there are few power roles in this game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Are you Mr. Infection?

Nope. Vanilla town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why would Hal not share that he was infected yesterday.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Why would Hal not share that he was infected yesterday.

the obvious answer is because he took the 3P choice instead of the maybe "with town" choice AA took

so this means someone is infected today, again, and not putting forth that option.

so every day, effectively, we've had a new 3P survivor who just has to make it through the day, aye?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Probably janitored like AS did. Okay, this is the alignment change the OP was talking about, then.

I have to admit this new info is throwing me off my game. Especially since that makes you town, assuming you actually die tonight. I pegged you as scum.

Either way, I've been giving it some thoughts too. This feels like it's the SK equivalent to me. The second nightkill. This feels too simple to simply stop right here. Think about it. If all it takes to have one less nightkill permanently was to for one town to sacrifice themselves, why wouldn't the first town to get infected do it? (Aka, exactly what AA is doing here.)

I think there's something beneath the lid here. Some other mechanic we maybe aren't aware of? Keep in mind this is an extremely paranoid theory here.

There's a poisoner out there too, I think, but maybe not in the usual way. Maybe it's got something to do with votes.

AA was the first to be voted up by Krell, as well as being voted up by two other people. Maybe there's some sort of vote poisoner?

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it. But AA, please don't vote anything other than a hammer today, if you wouldn't mind. I kind of want to see what happens.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Either way, I think AA is fine, and we should probably look elsewhere today, and here's why:

There's no real reason for him to share this info if he's lying in some way, in my opinion. If he posted this to be given a day of not being voted... he'd already have had it, almost certainly.

Right now, there's a lot bigger suspects at the moment, like Krell, Rock, or hell, even me apparently. If AA is somehow still alive tomorrow, we can lynch him then.

Yami's view on the AA situation from D2. I am retroactively suspicious of anyone who suggested we lynch him the next day, which Keane also suggested with aplomb.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Man, if town loses day two because we don't execute AA I'm going to shrug and say it was going to be a difficult game to win anyway.

If AA is around tomorrow, we can off him.

here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

AA's claim is super weird. It's also going to become irrelevant tomorrow. The only question is if we think there's more utility in executing him if there's a whacky gambit, or letting him die and voting him tomorrow if he remains.

I'm very comfortable with the latter.

:honk:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Rock's still alive, right? I'll go there and okay, then everybody can vote me and whatever.

##vote: Rock

Couldn’t this be read as stalling for a day to infect someone else?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Based on what? Not knowing how a likely solo serial killer type thing works? I kinda feel like your tone suddenly changed a bit there.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Based on what? Not knowing how a likely solo serial killer type thing works? I kinda feel like your tone suddenly changed a bit there.

is this targeted at Keane or myself?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You. You seemed a lot more reasonable in your casing before to me. Being suspicious of people not having information on a 3P infection mechanic is grasping as hell, in my opinion.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote CCKeane

I keep thinking it through and I don't see Yami or Krell as the poisoner.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote keane

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
##vote CCKeane :tipshat:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
You’ve been after me all game. I’m not sorry

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Game is over. But I’m driving. Will close it out with thoughts in an hour. Zealots win.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Feel free to post away and whatever. I have disappointed thoughts with this game. I’ll share later.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My apologies to Mord, my team, and the rest of the players for my lack of participation. I should not have committed to this game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Never allow Harold Krell to play in a single game ever again.

Yami was awesome this game in terms of effort and everyone should have striven to be like them.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Retro Futurist posted:

Krell’s very presence distorts reality and corrupts games at their source. He needs to be removed before anymore damage is done.

I’m sorry I ever doubted you

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I'm going to put as much effort into this ending post as the town put into this game.

Harold Krell was the final virus. The virus ended because he did not infect anyone else.

The scum team was Rock, Somberbero, and Sandwolf. They win. The end.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I found this game intensely frustrating to mod because the town might be the worst town I have ever seen in an SA game of Mafia. I was excited for this game and the setup.

1 virus.
3 generic scum.
11 vanilla town.

The virus would die at the end of every day but would pass off onto another player. The virus could only be eliminated through lynching. Just by chance, the virus never hit the scum team. But even without that, the town was the most apathetic, lazy town I have ever seen. The town deserved this loss. There were 11 townies, even with some bad lynches, the town should have been able to hit some scum. Had the town actually loving engaged and posted more, I have zero doubt that they would have had a better chance.

The only two good things about this game was AA's gambit and Sandwolf's subsequent freak out (which should have red flagged him as scum) and new poster Yami.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Thanks for running Mord.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

I'm going to put as much effort into this ending post as the town put into this game.

Harold Krell was the final virus. The virus ended because he did not infect anyone else.

The scum team was Rock, Somberbero, and Sandwolf. They win. The end.

Krell didn't even have the courtesy to submit an action?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami you're very good for a new player and my weird off feelings from your posting was very sincere, I just also happened to know you were town. Good stuff.

Lot of apathy from the town :/

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Podima posted:

Krell didn't even have the courtesy to submit an action?

Nope.

The way the virus and the scum team worked is that each would submit two names, a primary and a secondary target. I did this because due to lack of power roles, kills could be resolved immediately and there would be no nights. If the primary target was lynched, then the action would fall to the secondary target. This further allowed scum team and virus to not have to be around at deadline.

Furthermore, if the scum's target was the person infected with the virus, that basically avoided an additional kill (as the virus's host is considered an already dead shell when the parasite moves to its next target). If the scum and the virus targeted the same person, then the person would have died and the virus would have instead infected the scum team member performing the kill.

If the virus did not submit an action, it ended.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I found this game intensely frustrating to mod because the town might be the worst town I have ever seen in an SA game of Mafia. I was excited for this game and the setup.

1 virus.
3 generic scum.
11 vanilla town.

The virus would die at the end of every day but would pass off onto another player. The virus could only be eliminated through lynching. Just by chance, the virus never hit the scum team. But even without that, the town was the most apathetic, lazy town I have ever seen. The town deserved this loss. There were 11 townies, even with some bad lynches, the town should have been able to hit some scum. Had the town actually loving engaged and posted more, I have zero doubt that they would have had a better chance.

The only two good things about this game was AA's gambit and Sandwolf's subsequent freak out (which should have red flagged him as scum) and new poster Yami.

I didn't like the virus mechanic. Particularly for a game without night actions, it was hard to engage and having there be two different alignments to manage, one an alignment changing one in particular, made it hard to get a foothold.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Yami Fenrir posted:

What really makes me think this, however, are the kills that happened n1. I think they were meant to frame Rock, who seemed inexperienced. Not one, but two kills targeted at people that were suspicious of players who claimed or appeared to be new seems too convenient to me to really be done by those newbies.

I think even an inexperienced player would realize that if people that die just HAPPENED to accuse them of being scum the day before would eventually lead back to them.

I think Rock is Town.

Well you have to remember that AS wasn’t our kill. I got the sense that Shark could be a very strong town and was willing to sacrifice myself to take them out early

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami p. much nailed that we killed shark D1 because he was sure of rock.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry the game was not so hot Mord, but at least I won :wotwot:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I was 100% right about AA and the fact that he chose to pass the virus on to me was very nice of him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Never allow Harold Krell to play in a single game ever again.

Yami was awesome this game in terms of effort and everyone should have striven to be like them.

Other than not submitting an action he wasn't really any worse than many other players this game though, at least to me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I was 100% right about AA and the fact that he chose to pass the virus on to me was very nice of him

It was Keane and wolf first then you and somber. Once I knew you would go along with the ruse o had no other choice.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Other than not submitting an action he wasn't really any worse than many other players this game though, at least to me

Please show me where Krell played Mafia this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry Mord, love your games but I get tunnel vision with that guy

• Locked thread