Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Moo Moo (#43) went house shopping yesterday

Is this my new house

Are you serious, this house looks like a trap

No privacy in this one

Too boring, this house puts me to sleep

Is this one a cow house as well

House?

...House?

Ugh, enough. I, a cat, can MAKE a better house than all of these. I'll build my own

Just roll out the flooring and I'm good to go

All done

https://www.instagram.com/moo_squared/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Lime Tonics posted:

my cat of 24 years died.

he was the best cat till the end. but in the last 2 days he was rough. he was trying to throwup and loosing consciousness because of it. he was on like 4 pills, i was selfish enough. i bawled like a baby when i had to go kill my best friend. they wanted me to go in there to see him peace i couldnt do it.

the best cat is love

24 is excellent.

although there was a cat in the us that live to 38 and another in the us that lived to 37 which is some bullshit why can't they all last that long

edit: hmm the guy who had the 38 year old had another one that lived to 34 (a sceptic might say 'well they're lying' but i haven't seen anything confirming saying that's so from a cursory google search...) interesting diet they had

'The co-authors of at least one book have pondered whether the longevity of Perry's cats may have had something to do with an unusual diet of, among other things, bacon and eggs, asparagus, broccoli, and coffee with heavy cream, concluding that Perry "must be doing something right."['

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 23, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Too boring, this house puts me to sleep

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS I NEED IT

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Neurosis posted:

'The co-authors of at least one book have pondered whether the longevity of Perry's cats may have had something to do with an unusual diet of, among other things, bacon and eggs, asparagus, broccoli, and coffee with heavy cream, concluding that Perry "must be doing something right."['

I'm gonna live forever!

I dunno about the heavy cream bit though.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Thin Privilege posted:

This one looks similar!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/milk-cow-design-dog-house-pet-puppy-bed-Leopard-print-cat-sofa-dot-animal-home/32693444244.html

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Thin Privilege posted:

The exact one is only available in China \/:shobon:\/

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
update #424201812:59

Hey kids it's Uncle dee here with you in these waning hours of dignity. We've made a valiant effort to this point, but it seems that we are heading into a quagmire. Paid nominations have stopped pretty much and nobody took that one guy up on his bet. I know I wouldn't take that bet. Mark Twain wrote if somebody bets you $20 that he can make the Jack of Diamonds jump out of a deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear, don't. Otherwise you will be $20 poorer and have an ear full of cider.

But...I have a very clever plan [/Baldric]

If some of you clever and techno ready goons could make avs out of the nominees and post 'em here, somebody might buy one.
Also it would make a good visual for balloting purposes.

or mug shots if there happens to be any collusion with dogs.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

testing a thing

#1 mugshot

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

huh looks like I can't edit in new attachments.

mugshot #3

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

What's the easiest/best way to post up a buttload of pics like that in one post?

i am not very good with computers

mugshot #7

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I really like this one:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dee eight posted:

What's the easiest/best way to post up a buttload of pics like that in one post?

i am not very good with computers

mugshot #7

Make an imgur account, upload to that. Use the link that has [img] tags.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I was bored this morning so I whipped up a site real quick that should let you (relatively) easily make images in SA-avatar size.

Here you go.

You'll still have to host the avatar somewhere like on postimages though.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

dee eight posted:

If some of you clever and techno ready goons could make avs

Way ahead of you, fam.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Make an imgur account, upload to that. Use the link that has [img] tags.

Bonus for imgur links: use the [timg] to make them all tiny, so that a huge wall of text and pictures doesn't murder the browser/app/mobile viewing.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

dee eight posted:

I really like this one:

Lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Babby Lulu avatar for grabs

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Shinmera posted:

I was bored this morning so I whipped up a site real quick that should let you (relatively) easily make images in SA-avatar size.

Here you go.

That's pretty slick, well done.

edit: Looks like the max size to avatars is actually 180x180; could you bump up this tool so the max dimension is 180 instead of 150?

Also, for some reason when I uploaded the tool's result into the SA new avatar form, the preview was blank (as if it wasn't the right format) whereas an image cropped without the tool showed up.

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 24, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Shinmera posted:

Here you go.

You'll still have to host the avatar somewhere like on postimages though.

wow awesome

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Anyone know how to put links in SA custom titles?

edit: Figured it out. It's just a BBCode url tag but I had an errant space or line break in it somehow that tripped it up

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 24, 2018

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Ok I've bought a Moo Moo custom title, so the OP can count that as another $10 towards the spine fund -- including the $5 that's coming when I change it back after the contest is over.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Ok I've bought a Moo Moo custom title, so the OP can count that as another $10 towards the spine fund -- including the $5 that's coming when I change it back after the contest is over.

That's cool as heck. Thanks.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

That's pretty slick, well done.

edit: Looks like the max size to avatars is actually 180x180; could you bump up this tool so the max dimension is 180 instead of 150?

Also, for some reason when I uploaded the tool's result into the SA new avatar form, the preview was blank (as if it wasn't the right format) whereas an image cropped without the tool showed up.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. The library I was using to handle the cropping sucks. I rewrote it with more manual stuff going on, should be much better now. Might have to Ctrl+F5 to flush the cache and get the new site.

Also, in case it's not obvious, you can zoom in and out by scrolling. Helpful if the image is big, though it'll only do a centred zoom at the moment.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 24, 2018

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i went to one if my cat shelter sessions, and i will say all cats are good. im jelly of these pet owners. are we allowed to photoshop these cats in non derogatory manners?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Please photoshop all of the cats.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Shinmera posted:

Please photoshop all of the cats.

That's a good idea, Chuck.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

hi I know I'm really late in here for the campaigning time but I wanna talk about Mola a little bit

I met Mola in a shelter back in early 2016. She had just had kittens, and the shelter was having trouble adopting her out. I walked up to the cage she was in and stuck my hand in and she ran up to me and bashed her head against my hand so hard that she almost broke a couple of my fingers bending them backward. In the intervening years she has not changed a bit as far as expressing love; she'll come into bed and wake me and my wife up in the middle of the night just to get snuggles, or walk into a room I'm in and immediately start rubbing her head all over me. It's really sweet.

Here are some pictures from shortly after she came home with me:

She also has some other important hobbies. One of her favorite things to do is watch hockey games when they're on! She'll hop up into my lap and stare at the screen and knead on me.

She's been through a lot. Between being stuck out on the street until the shelter found her, her broken leg (and an accompanying stuffy nose that led to some very loud snoring during recovery) and really bad gum disease leading to getting her teeth taken out, it's been a little bit of a rough ride. But she's come through it all and is still a happy purr factory every day.

Also she is really goddamn beautiful. Here is an image dump, some of which would make pretty great avatars, just throwing it out there:

(this one, she was stoned out of her mind on silvervine, this cat is such an addict)

I could talk about Mola all day but I'm going to cut it short here and just say that I wouldn't trade this cat for the world - she really is the absolute best cat there ever was.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Flying Leatherman posted:

I could talk about Mola all day but I'm going to cut it short here and just say that I wouldn't trade this cat for the world - she really is the absolute best cat there ever was.

this is a certifiably great cat

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gunshow Poophole posted:

this is a certifiably great cat

Torties are :coal:

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I think mola may have just won my vote. Sorry, Kiska.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I figured #34 Mittens needed an avatar.

I tried to adjust it a bit to make it stand out better but being a color blind idiot I may have messed it up.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Vote #20, Kotofey

He likes boxes, of course

Going out in the yard

He loves old people

He looks like a cartoon

He doesn't like selfies, though

But will humor you sometimes

He's fluffy

But a normal cat beneath the fluff

Cute since he was tiny

His kids got the crazy from him

He is a magical creature

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Flying Leatherman posted:

She also has some other important hobbies. One of her favorite things to do is watch hockey games when they're on! She'll hop up into my lap and stare at the screen and knead on me.

Good cat. Wish mine cared enough about hockey to sit in my lap while I watch.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i'm not entering my kitty but because of feeling guilty for taking pleasure from this thread and the forums over the years i donated $15.00.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'm itching to Photoshop cats.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Maybe we should have a new thread for photoshops.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Neurosis posted:

i'm not entering my kitty but because of feeling guilty for taking pleasure from this thread and the forums over the years i donated $15.00.

It counts.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I'm itching to Photoshop cats.

Do it!

Over There posted:

Maybe we should have a new thread for photoshops.

Do it here!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Simon #25 has a good paw tuck.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I am not good with Adobe Photoshop brand image editing software, and I think I've posted more than my share of pictures, so I did buy an avatar with a self-portrait reflected in Yori's eye. If anyone with skill does any good edits, art and/or avatar pics of any of my cats I will save them and change my avatar to a new one of them each month (:toxx:). So maybe not immediate money, but long-term sustainability.

Dee is right that the bet was something of a trap, because Willow is the only one of my three cats who regularly comes out at the monthly mostly-goon game night I host. She just walks around from person to person and meows sadly until someone pets her (but I figured maybe someone else had a similar situation and could be a challenger, but the bet is still open now that I've revealed my hand.) Yori has started coming out on occasion, though mostly just watches proceedings from the bedroom door. Mia hides in the deepest part of the deepest closet, which is funny because when nobody else is around she's the one who is the jerk bully to the other cats. Always trust a bully to go running when the bigger kids come by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm unemployed right now, but if the nomination phase is still going when I start working again, you can bet I'll be nominating a real good cat for you all to fall in love with.

• Locked thread