Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

PASS THE MASH posted:

Is that really better?

Morally speaking, it’s much, much worse, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

This brings me back to my teenage days of browsing fanfiction.net

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Baka-nin posted:

An article by Salon on the Channel Awesome drama just went up. https://www.salon.com/2018/04/22/the-triumph-and-tragedy-of-channel-awesome/

It has comments from contributors and Doug Walker.

Doug’s only (relevant) comment from the article, for those who are just looking for that because this has literally been the first thing he’s said on the matter that actually has his name pinned to it directly:

Doug Walker posted:

"Communication has been an issue and we've admitted to that definitely. And I think as a business for over 10 years, we have made mistakes," Doug Walker told Salon. "We definitely have. And it's something we're always looking to make better and we're always looking to grow and with the people that we work in-house with in studio, I mean, I have yet to hear any complaints. And they always talk about how much fun it is to shoot there and we have yet to hear anything bad, so I hope that means we're improving."

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

Doug’s only (relevant) comment from the article, for those who are just looking for that because this has literally been the first thing he’s said on the matter that actually has his name pinned to it directly:

"People I talk with face to face have no issues with communication! I have no idea why everybody else had any issues! How does email work, again?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

"People I talk with face to face have no issues with communication! I have no idea why everybody else had any issues! How does email work, again?"

Reading that ball-numbing statement from him makes me think either Michaud fed it to him beforehand and he quoted it to Salon verbatim, or he was actually the one who wrote the Our Response letter. Either way :lol:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

that was a very gentle article

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

Is this like a parody or something coz that reads like a trump quote.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Baka-nin posted:

An article by Salon on the Channel Awesome drama just went up. https://www.salon.com/2018/04/22/the-triumph-and-tragedy-of-channel-awesome/

It has comments from contributors and Doug Walker.

Man that opening line has a surprisingly enormous load of bullshit

quote:

was one of the pioneers of a detached mode of analyzing those properties while extolling them at the same time

Channel Awesome-style internet criticism has never been anything remotely approaching detached.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

“People who are my direct employees tell me that I am a good boss!”

And he’s dumb enough that he could honestly never understand how being a person’s boss would affect what they tell you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

that was a very gentle article

When it comes to articles, Salon often lives up to its namesake: a place one goes to to get pampered. Even Vanity Fair has more teeth to it than Salon does these days.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

rudecyrus posted:

This brings me back to my teenage days of browsing fanfiction.net

More or less the same. The deliberate song mentions reminded me of the garbage I wrote.

Overall, it was a good video from Nicholson. She's really good at being very funny while also being slight.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Hello, I'm Mike Michaud, I own your idea so you don't have to."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

no communication issues have been communicated to me

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
New Game Dungeon from Ross.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Geez, Salon let them off light with that one. I've seen harsher articles in small-town newspapers.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Bad Game Hall Of Fame (Which is a blog that once a week or two it puts on a long piece about a specific Bad Game and analyses it while trying to be charitable about it, think of it as Happy Game Nerd if a bit more sardonic and can be experienced as long reads) has recently recommended this video by Nik Clay named Bad Games are Good, Actually. Given the pedigree, it's mostly a positive and warm romp Save for the Hatred and Ethnic Cleaning segment, and its not necessarily a negative for the video and he marks those with That Track From Resident Evil Director's Cut. You know the one.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

At about 22:20 he talks about how evening lighting looks real nice. Pretty close in color palette to Teal and Coral, which Movies with Mikey gushed about in his Wick Chapter 2 episode.

Teal and coral just own?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

This was a little disappointing, given that it's just a retelling of the original Jeff story with a self insert, and then the Slendermansion thing, which is a bog-standard setting in creepypasta fanfic.

business hammocks posted:

I wonder if it will be in such bad taste that it includes the real-life slenderman killer kids.

Probably not; they're not an especially attractive or romantic thing. This is emo girls, they want sexy murderers that love them and rebellion against a cruel world, not some unrelated kids killing each other.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

For the record BOTL is still threadbanned

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Congratulations! .....???

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Junpei Hyde posted:

I volunteer myself as mod of rgd

Wow, and I thought openly volunteering was a disqualifier. :stare:

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hey b0ss

Congratulations b0ss

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Nuclear bomb plant. Really? Not coal or deforesting or oil or other known factors like that? Nuclear scare?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

Teal and coral just own?

can confirm

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

And with all my goals accomplished, I ascent into the heavens and back to Let's Play from whence I came.

Peace out, fuckers :greenangel:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

And with all my goals accomplished, I ascent into the heavens and back to Let's Play from whence I came.

Congratulations nine-gear crow, the dream is real.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Annointed posted:

Nuclear bomb plant. Really? Not coal or deforesting or oil or other known factors like that? Nuclear scare?

You can't hug your family with nuclear arms.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

You can't hug your family with nuclear arms.

I beg to differ.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Thank You For Your Service

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

nine-gear crow posted:

Look Mommy, every time a poo poo-poster is threadbanned, an angel gets it's wings.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Doug Walker seems like a real idiot

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Congratulations and also condolences?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Junpei Hyde posted:

Normally just a lurker here, but just wanted to say congratulations!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Junpei Hyde posted:

You're a goddamn hero

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bennett's top 10 Hero Vehicles in Anime.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BobbyK posted:

Doug Walker seems like a real idiot
I think at this point it’s safe to say he’s an incredibly lazy person. From his refusal to grow or develop his craft, to his utter lack of communication with people outside his inner circle, Doug just wants to coast as much as possible.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like these new mods.

who is this jenny person? Are they recent

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Thoroughly enjoyed this up until real car stuff started happening and my eyes kinda glazed over.

Does Star Fleet count as an anime? Cos the X=Bomber is the coolest-looking (anime) spaceship little Kay can remember and I think it belongs on a list somewhere. (The other coolest spaceship ever doesn't count :( )

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

business hammocks posted:

The Secret World of Allison Mack is really disturbing poo poo. At least she was running the bondage cult and not just tortured and coerced into sex like the rest of them.
One doesn't exclude the other.

Tired Moritz posted:

I like these new mods.

who is this jenny person? Are they recent
How dare you. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't remember them being posted when I used to read the old thread. :(