Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

hanales posted:

Is your stream/game name abraxas?

Also anyone else that is competing please post your stream name I’d enjoy cheering goons on.

Sorry for the late answer, my twitch poo poo is twitch.tv/Hurfydurfy and that is also my name on all the rando related Discords should you ever need or want to find me for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
This Sunday is the start of Retrothon, a speedrunning marathon for games released in 2000 and prior. http://www.retrothon.net/schedule/

I’ve got two runs, one each on the last two days. There’s a ton of variety so you’ll probably find some genre or game or runner you like!

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Oyster posted:

twitch.tv/OysterSA

If I'm not randoing I'm usually streaming Star Fox 2 and will begin streaming X7 pretty soon.

As in, Mega Man X7? That is one heck of an accomplishment given how slow that game moves. It takes like a minute just to get through the stage clear screen.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Max Coveri posted:

As in, Mega Man X7? That is one heck of an accomplishment given how slow that game moves. It takes like a minute just to get through the stage clear screen.

While it's true the stage clear screen is pretty much the worst part, the PC version reduces load times by 14-20 minutes.

This is not an exaggeration.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Phone posted:

sgdq isn't for another 2 months, who cares

Schedule releases on Sunday, and I'm excited to maybe not have a run at rear end o clock

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Oyster posted:

While it's true the stage clear screen is pretty much the worst part, the PC version reduces load times by 14-20 minutes.

This is not an exaggeration.

Good lord, that's Sonic 2006 levels of load time

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Studio posted:

Schedule releases on Sunday, and I'm excited to maybe not have a run at rear end o clock

Would you rather your run be at assless o clock?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

Oh gee look at the time *glances at watch which has 2 muscled bear arms for hands*

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
drat it, Chrome’s new autoplay policies broke tehurn.com. This is an outrage! I’m switching to Firefox immediately.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

*the clock strikes assless o' clock mid-run. i slowly start sinking into the chair until i just disappear*

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love the names speedrunners come up with for things.

PJ describes "The Everything Fish"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDcQr3BtDWc&hd=1

edit: posted immediately after, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ49jqrzWYI&hd=1

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Apr 21, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

I love the names speedrunners come up with for things.

PJ describes "The Everything Fish"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDcQr3BtDWc&hd=1

edit: posted immediately after, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ49jqrzWYI&hd=1

Looks like the null sprite attaches to the next sprite that animates passively, and then the animation offset overflows with certain sprites(or the animation for the barrier bot is special).

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Schedule is out.

Monolith and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both on Monday, and not at SUPER LATE O' CLOCK :toot:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
aw, stivity isn't running banjo this time around?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They did it last year, and this schedule def had a lot less Returning Classics.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh dang, Axiom Verge? Has anyone done that at a GDQ yet? It's quite a good game, and a speedrun of it should be good fun. Though it'll probably skip the more visually impressive scenes I'm guessing.

Other than that, definitely looking forward to Iconoclasts, another DOOM 2016 run(hopefully with less chokes this time), Metroid block, Halo 2, Getting Over It, I Am Bread, the Megaman block and TASBOT. Enter the Gungeon might be fun to see someone blitz through, even if I greatly dislike that game.

And, as always, PJ and Mecharichter on BT&DD should be a joy to see. Though with the stuff PJ's been streaming lately it'd be amusing to see a speedrun of that new Kirby game or something.

Not sure if Undertale will have the same impact it did the first time, but maybe some new tech will liven things up a bit more than last time. It'll be a hard one to top, for sure. That and FF6 are the "maybe" runs for me, have they done a glitchless FF6 run at a GDQ yet? I feel like the only ones they've done are stuff like Sketch Glitch runs since it's such a lengthy game in general.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh dang, Axiom Verge? Has anyone done that at a GDQ yet? It's quite a good game, and a speedrun of it should be good fun. Though it'll probably skip the more visually impressive scenes I'm guessing.

Yes, at AGDQ 2016. It was a shame because the guy running it was really nice and everything but he was choking hard, I want to say at the hornet boss (can't remember exactly). He still came under estimate though, but the run kinda suffered from that he couldn't clear it as smoothly as he wanted.

This year, the event is running simultaneously with the football world cup, so there'll be a serious competition for my free time. Probably less live posting and watching in general.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 23, 2018

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
They put me at sexrex o'clock so I'm happy

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

TeaJay posted:

Yes, at AGDQ 2016. It was a shame because the guy running it was really nice and everything but he was choking hard, I want to say at the hornet boss (can't remember exactly). He still came under estimate though, but the run kinda suffered from that he couldn't clear it as smoothly as he wanted.

From what I understand, he was used to running the game with vsync off and they had vsync on at AGDQ 2016. The runners didn't realize that was a problem at the time, but it turns out vsync affects enemy AI and a couple other things, so the setup he was using for the quick kill didn't work. Which was a huge problem, as that boss is a freaking pain to fight normally. It's the same runner this time, so hopefully he can get his revenge!

For those interested, vsync off also increases the damage the red coat does and your hacking speed as well, I think. I'm assuming it's a framerate thing.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrwUsCTlnGw
This is pretty interesting and kinda cool. I always wondered what happened to Kryssstal. This doesn't really uh answer that but it dances around it in some crazy ways. Stuff about Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers too... interesting mix of drama and information.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There is a thing as too much editing. 7 minutes in and there have been 5 title cards now?

It's intriguing on it's own, but someone needs to revoke that license of Adobe CC.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

blamegame posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrwUsCTlnGw
This is pretty interesting and kinda cool. I always wondered what happened to Kryssstal. This doesn't really uh answer that but it dances around it in some crazy ways. Stuff about Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers too... interesting mix of drama and information.

What did happen to Krysssstal, according to the video? it's half an hour long

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
That's a lot of Mega Man at prime time in that schedule which, ehhhhhhh

Some of the races on there should be absurd though. That 70 star race will be sick

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

DoctorWhat posted:

uhh I don't even know, it's like everything leading up to that but not the actual thing lol

its pretty good though like once it gets going, if you like the game.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Ultra Hype for the Mario Maker relay to come back. The Mario Maker community is chock full of people who completely own—level creators, streamers, organizers, etc.—so that's pretty much guaranteed to be entertaining as hell. CarlSagan42 is practically a YouTube celeb by this point, GrandPOOBear wowed everyone with his Super Dram World 2 run last year, and the other four, while being less popular, are also all really fun streamers to watch (GlitchCat7, failstream, jaku, & Cliffy)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Shoutout to peaches, who we collectively determined in his stream chat last night has the absolute worst time slot of the entire event (8:30 AM Eastern on Wednesday, and it's not even the run directly after the five-hour Skyward Sword run beforehand).

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
There was some drama about Krysssssssssssssssstal possibly using tools during LttP randomizer races or something, and her threatening to dox people when people made their suspicions known

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

I watched the whole thing and I have no loving clue

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Imagine radiolab, but in the 3rd dimension. It's just so loving noisy.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

As usual, all of the PLC guys get lovely timeslots. I'd think PJ has earned something afternoon by now. poo poo I want to watch is always at butt-o-clock.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe they put them there to attract people to those lesser time slots. :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Eurogoons rejoice as usual, but then again loving TASBOT at 4AM round here.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Phone posted:

There is a thing as too much editing. 7 minutes in and there have been 5 title cards now?

It's intriguing on it's own, but someone needs to revoke that license of Adobe CC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24TvcWJOJM&t=99s

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I remember the splicing accusation from a few months ago but I didn't know anything actually came of it. Apparently she cheated some iidx scores, her strats were suspicious, and once the accusations came around she threatened to call in fake rape reports on people and get them fired from their jobs.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
krystal is just, in general, a wacko. no real details needed other than "is unwell"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Who would have thought shut-ins who spend all day playing video games would have issues with social interactions like this NOT I

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is a good lineup!

I don't know who Krystal is but :lol: at people that try to fake scores in niche games like IIDX. The community is small enough that anyone lying about scores will be found out eventually.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DizzyBum posted:

This is a good lineup!

I don't know who Krystal is but :lol: at people that try to fake scores in niche games like IIDX. The community is small enough that anyone lying about scores will be found out eventually.

post your .ini file

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a 5 hour skyward sword run sounds worse than every lovely 10 hour jrpg run combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Groovelord Neato posted:

a 5 hour skyward sword run sounds worse than every lovely 10 hour jrpg run combined.

I saw that the Skyward Sword run got scheduled for the middle of the night and laughed, no one likes that game.