Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Phylodox posted:

Oh, okay, for a second there I thought we were talking about, like, a high school run by Costco or something. Like Costco High. And I was wondering, “First of all; that’s a thing? And second of all; why not go there? What’s wrong with it?”

Imagine the Cafeteria though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
walmart runs a series of "academies" which are training dealios

https://corporate.walmart.com/photos/walmart-training-academies

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Good Dog posted:

Also ordered some canvas prints online that should arrive next week.

I have found these to be of good quality, provided the source image had sufficient resolution.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In light of my upcoming divorce, I'm invoking the power of my Executive Membership and refinancing the house in my name with a Costco Mortgage.

Go go Costo Refi.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bloodplay it again posted:

I wonder if I'll be able to pick up that OG Kirkland when weed is legal.

Not for a couple of decades. Costco is run by old white guys. As everyone knows, old white guys hate fun. So you have to wait for all of them to die/retire and be replaced by slightly less old white guys before they would consider something like ~~devil's grass~~

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

binge crotching posted:

Not for a couple of decades. Costco is run by old white guys. As everyone knows, old white guys hate fun. So you have to wait for all of them to die/retire and be replaced by slightly less old white guys before they would consider something like ~~devil's grass~~

MODS???? Can we burn this heretic filth at the stake?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

MODS???? Can we burn this heretic filth at the stake?

I have way too many friends who work at the corporate office and tell me horror stories about the management. It's apparently a great place to work on the business side of things, but IT is a disaster.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Clear Care is back on sale fellas, gonna get me a maximum of 2 discounted boxes of that good contact lens sauce w/ travel bottle

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

GORDON posted:

In light of my upcoming divorce, I'm invoking the power of my Executive Membership and refinancing the house in my name with a Costco Mortgage.

Go go Costo Refi.

congrats on the divorce

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

congrats on the divorce

Thanks, it was a long time coming.

As she is listing the half of the household items she wanted to take, I was mentally tabulating would could be replaced from Costco.

Day1 purchases: a washing machine, and a set of pots and pans.

Costco will be there for me and the kids long after she isn't.

Plus you can get a hot dog and 20oz drink, with refill, for $1.50, did you know?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GORDON posted:

Go go Costo Refi.
goondolences man. werent you guys married for awhile? too bad. or maybe im thinking of some other oldfart goons.

at least costco is the only wife you need, praise be costco!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

As she is listing the half of the household items she wanted to take, I was mentally tabulating would could be replaced from Costco.

Plus you can get a hot dog and 20oz drink, with refill, for $1.50, did you know?

I will recommend their vacuum cleaners as well, them carpets lookin' drat fine.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

binge crotching posted:

I have way too many friends who work at the corporate office and tell me horror stories about the management. It's apparently a great place to work on the business side of things, but IT is a disaster.

what walmart did was they acquired jet.com and then told them to make things not as crap

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Good Dog posted:

Also ordered some canvas prints online that should arrive next week.

Do the metal prints as well. I've done a couple so far and am super impressed with the quality of the finished product.

https://www.costcophotocenter.com/ProductDetails/Metal-Prints

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mo_Steel posted:

I will recommend their vacuum cleaners as well, them carpets lookin' drat fine.

I was thinking of pulling out the carpets in some rooms, after she leaves.... she was the one who wanted carpet. I saw Costco sells laminate flooring.

Score.

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone have the foods saver vacuum sealer that is on sale? Reviews are decent overall but not so great recently. Also looks huge.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Loveline posted:

Anyone have the foods saver vacuum sealer that is on sale? Reviews are decent overall but not so great recently. Also looks huge.

I've got the smaller one without the top 'growth' on top. It owns unless I forget to put the cheese back after I seal it

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 21, 2018

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

GORDON posted:

Please, please tell me you let her take the washing machine and you kept the dryer.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

GORDON posted:

Costco is a great 2 hour activity with the kids. I have 2 kids and all 3 of us eat for $4.50, and then I strap the 3 year old into a cart and have my 8 year old grab stuff that isn't heavy off the shelves. They like eating samples, but I never let them stop and wait for one if it isn't already on the tray because I'm not an rear end in a top hat that likes to clog up the aisles for 5 minutes every 15 feet. I try to take them every Sunday since it is my church. PBUC

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

therobit posted:

Costco is a great 2 hour activity with the kids. I have 2 kids and all 3 of us eat for $4.50, and then I strap the 3 year old into a cart and have my 8 year old grab stuff that isn't heavy off the shelves. They like eating samples, but I never let them stop and wait for one if it isn't already on the tray because I'm not an rear end in a top hat that likes to clog up the aisles for 5 minutes every 15 feet. I try to take them every Sunday since it is my church. PBUC

Sup fellow Costco parent? I have a 22 month old who yells "HOT DOG HOT DOG HOT DOG" every time she sees the Costco sign out of her car seat.

We go Friday nights, which are pretty dead, but it's great daddy daughter bonding time.

I'm expecting my "Parent of the Year" award any day now.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ixian posted:

Please, please tell me you let her take the washing machine and you kept the dryer.

Sigh.

I was getting the important things... The kids and the house. I let her take whatever "stuff" she wanted... So yes, she is taking the washer, and I am keeping the dryer.

My executive and Visa rebate is going to be great, this year. :-D

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

CostCo: would you call it "the good stuff"?

I would, certainly. Everything there is delicious and marked at a great price!!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Sometimes appliances like washers go on clearance. Every Costco has a place where they keep the relatively expensive clearance poo poo (at my Costco it's on the right hand side in the corner a few aisles up).

When they're clearancing big appliances you can make out like an absolute bandit on high end units so definitely make sure you check that out.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
My co needs an express lane for single dog buyers.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Costco France trip report:

Pros:
  • middle of nowhere, so no traffic
  • giant lemon meringue pies
  • ham and cheese croissants in the food court
  • wine samples
  • not busy at all
  • hotdog bun is really good, and half the size of the US bun

Cons:
  • middle of nowhere
  • hotdog is 2 euros
  • no refill

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

Cons:

no refill

:stare:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Burn it down

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

sacre bleu, they should make the dog 1 euro to make up for this travesty

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
its france, i am assuming instead of a soda fountain they have a wine dispenser

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Rutibex posted:

It's just a bucket, actually.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
France once again at the forefront of bullshit heresy

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I wish.

Every cup has a qr code on it, and you have to scan your cup to get a soda. It dispenses exactly one cup worth of liquid, and if you try to go back a second time it doesn't do anything. In addition, the sign says hotdog and soda, nothing about a refill.

So many people were having problems getting it to work right, and I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea. The cost of that system must have been several years worth of savings from not allowing normal self serve drinks.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

on the other hand, americans are morbidly obese and huge sugary self serve beverages probably aren't helping the situation

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

I wish.

Every cup has a qr code on it, and you have to scan your cup to get a soda. It dispenses exactly one cup worth of liquid, and if you try to go back a second time it doesn't do anything. In addition, the sign says hotdog and soda, nothing about a refill.

So many people were having problems getting it to work right, and I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea. The cost of that system must have been several years worth of savings from not allowing normal self serve drinks.

that is a highly dumb system. i used to work in fast food, and a saw what the cost of soda syrup was. an individual drink refill has a cost of like $0.02. why would you piss off people to save $0.02 :psyduck:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I'm sure there is a very French reason for the single serving soda. Looking into it now.
I did find this shot of the menu though:

Lookit that croissant and them chicken fingers!

Also...trigger warning!

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07/costco-tasting-fromage.html

Edit: AHA!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38767941
France bans unlimited sugary drink refills

Meydey fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 23, 2018

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Meydey posted:

I'm sure there is a very French reason for the single serving soda. Looking into it now.

Lookit that croissant and them chicken fingers!

Also...trigger warning!

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07/costco-tasting-fromage.html

French Costco has...tendies?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Meydey posted:

would 100% switch from dog to ham and cheese croissant

are you listening, mr kirkwood

also start selling weed so I can get a quarter pound with my quarter pound + refills

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Meydey posted:

I was about to say this sounds like some dumb law about not allowing you to gorge yourself

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

In other news, after being out of work for 4 months, I have applied to be a cleric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Meydey posted:

but the dog doesn't come with unlimited refills. it comes with refill, as in one. they could get away with it, costco france are just being cowards.