Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
The last time I opened the orange cat thread, I had posted a pic of Tiger with his catiflower ear. It was pretty ok opening this thread, for the first time since, and seeing his big dumb face, after we had to put him to sleep earlier today. :unsmith:

He, like all orange cats, was the best orange cat.

Thanks, orange cat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pastor of muppets posted:

So you remember Beemo, my sister's foster kitten-loving orange cat?

She had a baby last month, and, well....

That's a loving weird kitten. I'm surprised Beemo gave birth to that thing without complications, considering how big it is :ohdear:.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Handiklap posted:

The last time I opened the orange cat thread, I had posted a pic of Tiger with his catiflower ear. It was pretty ok opening this thread, for the first time since, and seeing his big dumb face, after we had to put him to sleep earlier today. :unsmith:

I'm sorry. :( RIP Tiger, you were not only an orange cat, but also a good orange cat.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Handiklap posted:

I feel you, I miss my little tiger Macro every day. Such great cats in this thread, it does help to read it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I do not have an orange cat, but my friend does, so here’s a picture:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Unfortunately, I have to mention that Tara crossed the bridge a week ago. And then this thread popped up out of the blue for the first time in a while.

Good bye you sweet goof, may we meet again.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Vikings liked cats for vermin control and for some reason they really liked orange cats.

This is Mufasa and he's a big lug that doesn't mind strangers or much of anything except for piles of laundry on the floor which terrify him. Adopted him from a shelter a few years ago where I was originally looking at a gray and white shorthair but that one got picked up by a family right before me. Later I walked into a room with a few other cats and Mufasa was sitting on a shelf right by the door and immediately gave me the headbutt of universal kitty salutation and here we are. Following the rules of adapting a new cat to an environment with an existing cat didn't really work out: Mufasa was strong enough to pry open doors and when we tried vertically doubling up baby gates he managed to vault over them without trouble. So despite our best efforts he came face to face with the existing cat on the first day, they sniffed each other, then walked off in separate directions to do their own thing. He's had some poop issues lately but otherwise is being a cool orange cat.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

SpannerX posted:

Unfortunately, I have to mention that Tara crossed the bridge a week ago. And then this thread popped up out of the blue for the first time in a while.

:sympathy: Noooo, not Tara :(. She was one of my favourites on here.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I do not have an orange cat, but my friend does, so here’s a picture:

Checks out.

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS

SpannerX posted:

Sorry to hear

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
There's a stray orange cat that has been hanging out around the restaurant where I work for over a year now. He used to look pretty rough,

but we've taken him to the vet a few times and now he looks real nice!

Anyway, the no-kill shelter won't take him, and my girlfriend and I already have 3 cats. I sure wish someone would adopt this guy :frown:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN posted:

There's a stray orange cat that has been hanging out around the restaurant where I work for over a year now. He used to look pretty rough,

but we've taken him to the vet a few times and now he looks real nice!

Anyway, the no-kill shelter won't take him, and my girlfriend and I already have 3 cats. I sure wish someone would adopt this guy :frown:

He looks so well-kept that people probably think he's a pet.

If you put an "adopt me, please!" tag on him with your contact info, I'm sure someone will take him.

Meantime, here's my orange beast Oscar lounging on the love seat, which he now apparently owns

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 19, 2018

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I only have words about this orange cat, since time and family division is not kind to photographs, particularly ones from the 80's.

When I was a baby, my parents were...in a car, I think. Whatever the venue was, I was nearby and not entirely visible so when they heard this high-pitched crying, they thought it was me. When that turned out to not be the case, they kept searching until they found this lone tabby orange kitten.

Ramses was fully grown by the time my infantile amnesia stops being a thing. He was a drat fine mouser who didn't eat the chickens and tolerated the poo poo out of toddler me. Mum couldn't take him with us to the shelter, and my father gave him to some neighbours when he moved.

That beautiful orange boy and his toxoplasma is probably the reason I love cats; my knowledge of the universe started with one, and he was good.

Savings Clown
May 7, 2007

We all float down here
Jones is a cat in whom relaxation runs deep.

In cat-pile form

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Savings Clown posted:

The look of love is in your eyesssss

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
They love each other

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Savings Clown posted:

In cat-pile form

How many xenomorphs has he evaded this far?

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

2 years old next month. Most energetic cat despite his health history too.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Savings Clown posted:

In cat-pile form

Jonesy is the bestest orange cat.

Savings Clown
May 7, 2007

We all float down here

Xenomrph posted:

How many xenomorphs has he evaded this far?

Watch out, you, the other one in the cat pile is Ripley.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

please welcome the newest orange cat, Staff Sergeant Steve Sassypants. Pictured at 6 days old.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That's not a cat, that's, like, an orange cotton ball or something. :raise:

(in other words, we need more pictures of the baby cat)

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

A sploot would satisfy, perhaps?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Not enough pics :catstare:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Here we have an example of D.B. Cooper, my giant (20 pound) idiot cat staring intensely out the window in between putting his paw on my nose and meowing. He's a big dumb shedding machine and my schedule is largely determined by when he decides he wants food:

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I have to dole them out slowly or you guys might overdose.

Here's another one from today!

And a video!!

https://i.imgur.com/dVUUtGt.mp4

*note: In the video you can see the rest of the litter in the background on the floor. This is where their mom has put them. Yes, she has a perfectly wonderful nesting box, but she decided on the hardwood floor under the table was where she wanted to raise her kittens. They're quite healthy, mom's just a little weird.

Also, his eyes look a little weird. This is because they just opened and is normal.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

STAFF SERGEANT SASSYPANTS!!! Steve, you're adorable!!

Geki, despite being a Very Large poo poo in the middle of the night, is otherwise a sweet lover of a girl.

I lovehate her.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

SSG Sassypants and his littermates are foster kittens in North Carolina. They will be ready for adoption around July 4th and will come neutered/spayed with all their shots and a microchip. If you know anyone within half a days drive of Fayetteville, NC who is looking for a very well socialized kitten, please PM me. In addition to SSG Sassypants we have Emma, Esq. Attorney at law (calico), Major Tom Catte Space Explorer (grey tux), Dexter Sterling MD (grey tux), and possibly the Hon. Floof Bader Ginsburg (calico, bottle fed, probably foster failure)

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I believe in Floof Bader Ginsburg. :patriot:

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

I believe in Floof Bader Ginsburg. :patriot:

FBG had the best chance- she had an expert tube/bottle feeder to help her. But unfortunately her digestive system was not developed enough for her to survive.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Thank you for trying, friend.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

No good pics today, but SSG Sassypants and his littermates are big enough to go on very brief cuddle excursions away from mom. Should I just start them their own thread?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

That or continue their saga (with pics) in the foster/rescue thread.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I have an old orange cat named Charlie. He's about 11 or so and is the best cat.

Yes, I know two of these cats are not orange. They are Dwight and Jim, our other cats.

You see in this picture his favorite place to sit, which is right in my face.
https://i.imgur.com/DNdmO9G.gifv
And here we see him fighting with Dwight for control of the barstool.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Those are excellent cats, congratulations!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I want to scratch that cat's ears and say "hey big fella" :3:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I love catte slapfights especially over perches.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
please follow this twitter

https://twitter.com/thegoodcatboy?lang=en

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Staff Sergeant Steve Sassypants Update:

Has entered permanent concerned kitten face stage. Might be due to the fact that I said something about eating him up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That is a terrible and wrong thing you're doing.

You have to face the kitten TOWARDS you to suck out their soul via inhaling deeply. All you'll get that way is a facefull of adorable kitten fur :pseudo:.

He's an adorable little fuzzy fireball though.