Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Flagpoles aren't something handed down to us from Labras, 'fraid you're gonna need to take a time out to think about the heresy you've just commited

Valid point.

edit - sure, probably not the best thing to tell somebody. Instead, how about this: Mr. Nemo, gently caress you.

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zodiac5000 posted:

Valid point.

If you don't get probated for this then I know it was you that reported me! :P

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 23, 2018

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tsyni posted:

It'd be a hell of a way to pop that cherry.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If you don't have a rapsheet it just means you haven't posted hard enough

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Tsyni posted:

yeah yeah yeah, I fixed it. it was over the line, even if I do sincerely wish a whole host of ills upon Mr. Nemo at this time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I hope both Zodiac and Mr. Nemo get probes, but only 6-hours and with thread fanart as the reason

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Outrail posted:

Luckily I can separate reality from an online text based fantasy game so advocating eugenics, genocide or ecological destruction in thread doesn't get me riled up or feeling guilty.

I mean, it should at least a little though? It's not bad to think about things, guys. Like you don't have to stop playing or even change your minds, but it's probably good to actually think about these things instead of just waving them away. Again, not saying anyone is bad for not or that you have to go all modern day real world ethics on magic fake bronze age Ur, but thinking about things more usually isn't a bad thing?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Usually the intent with uncomfortable and challenging themes is that they should make you consider your feelings.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

BlackJosh posted:

I mean, it should at least a little though? It's not bad to think about things, guys. Like you don't have to stop playing or even change your minds, but it's probably good to actually think about these things instead of just waving them away. Again, not saying anyone is bad for not or that you have to go all modern day real world ethics on magic fake bronze age Ur, but thinking about things more usually isn't a bad thing?

I mean, it makes me realize what some of these Nazi fucks actually believe to be true. Which makes it all the more funny when you think of incredible Urian Muscle Wizard ubermensch vs the modern neo nazi no-chin piece of poo poo.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Zodiac5000 posted:

Go gently caress yourself on the sharpest, highest possible flagpole you can find. I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but either way, you're loving retarded.

Take a little break from posting if Ancient Muscle Wizard poo poo Post Simulator is getting you this mad.

Xarbala posted:

Usually the intent with uncomfortable and challenging themes is that they should make you consider your feelings.

Agreed, and it's been pretty neat watching people reconcile modern ethics with ancient world customs. We've definitely paid a price in reputation to hold on to our soul.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Xarbala posted:

If you don't have a rapsheet it just means you haven't posted hard enough

Don't trust posters with a totally clean rap sheet, the only people who never get in trouble are cops.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Crazycryodude posted:

Don't trust posters with a totally clean rap sheet, the only people who never get in trouble are cops.

Speaking of, some get it right straight out of the gate. Diog's first post:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2720240&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post337406128

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Crazycryodude posted:

I like my clean rap sheet! It's not like the rules are hard to follow, anyway. It'd be a shame if I lost it to something I quickly agreed was over the line, but them's the breaks, I suppose?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zodiac5000 posted:

I like my clean rap sheet! It's not like the rules are hard to follow, anyway. It'd be a shame if I lost it to something I quickly agreed was over the line, but them's the breaks, I suppose?

Those that envy my right-voting report me at every turn. I don't think you have much to worry about.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Zodiac5000 posted:

:justpost:

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

dyzzy posted:

it's a joke:ssh:

I never expected this to get so out of hand.

Zodiac5000 posted:

even if I do sincerely wish a whole host of ills upon Mr. Nemo at this time.

Is this because I'm black?

Edit: Diog please come save us from my attempts at internet humor

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

BlackJosh posted:

Well yeah, you'd hope it makes people think. In this case it's something along the lines of 'Wow, I'm voting for some hosed up poo poo. I'm glad I don't subscribe to this in real life or am friends with people who think like this, but I'm still voting for *terrible thing* because it's only a game and it's the best way for me the voter to get the outcome I want and I can separate this from real life'.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nemo posted:

lmfao...lmfao....

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Mr. Nemo posted:

fwiw I appreciated it and immediately understood that you didn't actually think they were racist irl.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i thought it was funny

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I did not get it being a joke, and very, very emphatically do not find it funny, but I did overreact. Sorry about that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Race mixing in Ur is bad and I will forever oppose it. Incest is okay tho.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
The Seir model is probably the best way to preserve the bloodline of Labaras if you don't have a spare nephilim in the area.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Ur is a really screwed up place with lots of unpleasant stuff in it. No one thinks anyone else is a racist, eugenicist or anything else of that sort based upon their votes.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I am judging all of you hardly on your actions as bronze age black superman

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

Ur is a really screwed up place with lots of unpleasant stuff in it. No one thinks anyone else is a racist, eugenicist or anything else of that sort based upon their votes.

Uh...I’m not judging anyone on their votes. But this is the second game you run with really racist characters and eugenecists in main roles, I’m totally judging you.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Enkidel is a war criminal.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MinistryofLard posted:

Never forget the Goblin Genocide.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
SHUT THE gently caress UP

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Basscop posted:

note: this is ok to shout in Ur as long as you are sufficiently blooded

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Ishlovers are dumb.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Basscop posted:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Did anyone watch the new West World?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

MinistryofLard posted:

those dead children, crying out to us to save them...

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Season 2 is out? fffffff...thanks for the heads up. Best tree.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Everyone keeps telling me to watch West World, should I?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I liked the part where Anthony Hopkins walked in front of the screen and lectured us on how actions taken in a fantasy world free of real life consequences reflect on the character of the participants

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dyzzy posted:

Yeah I liked the part where Anthony Hopkins walked in front of the screen and lectured us on how actions taken in a fantasy world free of real life consequences reflect on the character of the participants

lmfaoooooooo

TheCog posted:

C'est bon. Worth a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

Eh. There's better stuff you could watch.

The Leftovers is really great--that it's finished and is a compact 3 seasons is nice, too.

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 24, 2018