Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Ra's al Ghul coming back was nice, but it doesn't stop this Demon Head arc from being the most idiotic one in the entire series. It's been a bit painful, honestly.

And for next week, it's weird that Jeremiah seems to have a "normal" persona? Didn't his face turn wide with super-red lips last week? Though I suppose make-up is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Barbara stuff was kind of fun in the moment but man, that sure turned into a wet fart at the end. I did enjoy zombie Alexander Siddig doing what sounded like a Liam Neeson impression.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

The Barbara stuff was kind of fun in the moment but man, that sure turned into a wet fart at the end. I did enjoy zombie Alexander Siddig doing what sounded like a Liam Neeson impression.

I don't think they're done with Barbara and the Demon stuff yet. And I was shocked that Siddig actually showed up, I was certain they couldn't get him back and just had a dude in makeup and a bad voice guy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't know if this would be considered a spoiler, but the actress who plays Selina shaved her head.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Don't know if this would be considered a spoiler, but the actress who plays Selina shaved her head.

Hasn't the season wrapped already?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Hasn't the season wrapped already?

Yeah, and she shaved it after.

Robin Lord Taylor is still dying his hair, so it's not like there's any real indication as to whether the show is cancelled or not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought maybe he was implying it was a spoiler for upcoming plots.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I thought maybe he was implying it was a spoiler for upcoming plots.

Oh yeah, you're right. Hahah, whoops. My bad.

I guess I'm kinda worried about the show being cancelled these days. Everything I'm watching and really loving -- Legion, The Expanse, Gotham, The Mick -- are bubble shows.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It will get a season 5 to hit the magic 100 mark.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh yeah, you're right. Hahah, whoops. My bad.

I guess I'm kinda worried about the show being cancelled these days. Everything I'm watching and really loving -- Legion, The Expanse, Gotham, The Mick -- are bubble shows.

At least 12 Monkeys and the Magicians got wrap up seasons!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

It will get a season 5 to hit the magic 100 mark.

The bonus comes at 88 these days. 100 episodes is better, and certainly making sure the show has a definite ending helps the show's sellability, so it's got that going for it. But on the other hand, the show is expensive, it has low ratings, and it's unowned by the channel, which puts it in a strange sort of limbo heading into the upcoming ABC acquisition.

I absolutely think that if the show gets renewed, it'll be to get to that precious 100 episode mark. Hell, it might even find a new life on the DC original streaming service that they're trying to launch. (Which, given that it currently only has two planned shows, might be a smart call). But the content market isn't as robust as it once was, despite there being more shows than ever. I guess we'll see.

Rhyno posted:

At least 12 Monkeys and the Magicians got wrap up seasons!

Haha you made me worried for a second. The Magicians hasn't been handed a final season, just renewed. My read on that one is that the show's popular enough that it'll get a fifth season, but I think that'll be it.

But also, yes, I'm glad we're getting more of both. And Killjoys! (Which I think I remember you being cold on, but I've always liked it.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think I read that Magicians just barely squeaked season 4 so they're possibly planning it as wrap up in case. A drat shame about the Expanse though.

I really hope we hear something about Gotham season 5 soon, we need to live the glory of No Man's Land. And they still have to introduce the mustache.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I think I read that Magicians just barely squeaked season 4 so they're possibly planning it as wrap up in case. A drat shame about the Expanse though.

I really hope we hear something about Gotham season 5 soon, we need to live the glory of No Man's Land. And they still have to introduce the mustache.

The Magicians is the second best rated show on [[the channel, by a considerable margin. (https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/)

::agreed:: about No Man's Land. I'm really excited to see the city divided up between the various factions. You know they're going to have entire themed factions and cool sets to match as well -- Lee leading a proletariat faction, a bunch of Riddlettes in green Vegas outfits, a Penguin crew in pinstripes. I'm so there for that nonsense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

The Magicians is the second best rated show on [[the channel, by a considerable margin. (https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/)

Oh thank god!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please let David Mazouz actually be Batman, even if it's 13 episodes of an especially fallible Batman

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

A drat shame about the Expanse though.

What

What

No....

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I am on the fence with regards to tonight's big plot twist.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Gonz posted:

I am on the fence with regards to tonight's big plot twist.

It certainly explains the setup for what they've said about next season.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The actor playing Jeremiah really feels like he's channeling the personality of he and Jerome's father in his speech in the previews for the next episode. Isn't even his clothing sort of reflective of the same thing that character wore in the first appearance of Jerome episode?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of funny how they're using the whole Jerome/Jeremiah thing to do the different takes on the Joker from over the years. Also the Jeremiah version looked really disquieting, probably because it looks so unnatural and he stopped blinking.

I do kind of wonder why they stopped at the hair seeing as they already went halfway there with making him look like the Joker.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It's kind of funny how they're using the whole Jerome/Jeremiah thing to do the different takes on the Joker from over the years. Also the Jeremiah version looked really disquieting, probably because it looks so unnatural and he stopped blinking.

I do kind of wonder why they stopped at the hair seeing as they already went halfway there with making him look like the Joker.

Because he isnt the real joker! Just wait for the clone.

I honest to god would have prefered if Jerome had killed Jeremiah and that being the magnum opus of the "art" for Jerome's "first act". Then him popping up with a new modus operandi with Jerome makibg a comment about needing to keep the act fresh so his "fans" would still follow him.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 5, 2018

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Holy fuckin' balls, the final episodes of this season look REALLLLLLLLY good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2SioiMDbA

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

So far I'm on the fence with Jeremiah in general. I'm not sure I really like his totally calm "super sane" type of personality, especially against Jerome's dramatic acceptance of being a hammy fucker. It just doesn't feel like The Joker to me. Though it's only been part of an episode so far, so it's still kind of early to tell.

And I'm going to remain cautiously dubious on how much the status quo will change in this season finale, especially given the show's strong reluctance to kill off characters permanently, even OCs not part of the usual Batman mythos. Like no way they're gonna kill off Alfred or Selina, not a freaking chance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, we totally have a Harle Quinn, just not named, but she might as well be. Probably turn out to be her mom or something.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

twistedmentat posted:

So, we totally have a Harle Quinn, just not named, but she might as well be. Probably turn out to be her mom or something.

http://gotham.wikia.com/wiki/Ecco

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of easy to forget about that character because she just kind of vanished from the story from her first appearance until now.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Kind of easy to forget about that character because she just kind of vanished from the story from her first appearance until now.

I get why you'd forget, but in their defence that was only three episodes ago.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Whether it's Ecco or not, I hope the eventual Harley we get will wear that costume from the last episode. A lot of modern Harley designs seem to forget the whole "Harlequin" aspect. Looking at you, Suicide Squad.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TheLoneStar posted:

Whether it's Ecco or not

Of course it’s Ecco. Gordon takes off her mask, sees her face, and says “Ecco?!?”

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Phylodox posted:

Of course it’s Ecco. Gordon takes off her mask, sees her face, and says “Ecco?!?”
I meant whether or not Ecco becomes Harley, or if this was some one-time thing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TheLoneStar posted:

I meant whether or not Ecco becomes Harley, or if this was some one-time thing.

I mean...she already is Harley. Within the context of this show, the Joker and the mythos surrounding him are more of an idea than a person. So Ecco might not be the only Harley, just like Jerome wasn’t the only Joker, but that doesn’t invalidate them as those characters.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was glancing at that Gotham wiki thing on the character and I wonder if she's going to be eventually less a Harley and more an 'echoing the sentiments' of whoever she's working for.

From the wiki, there's the quote, "Ecco’s morals are questionable at best considering she seems to be whatever Jeremiah wants her to be, and would even assist him in his plans to destroy Gotham. "

If they go with with THAT sort of character gimmick, would that maybe end possibly making her less a Harley and more like a variation on the theme of Joker's Daughter (who I thought had the gimmick of constantly flipping her own gimmick and claiming being the child of other Batman Rogues)?

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 7, 2018

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The events of Killing Joke working their way into creating Batman as opposed to The Joker is interesting.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fox is starting to make cancel and renew decisions. Brooklyn 99 is cancelled.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Fox is starting to make cancel and renew decisions. Brooklyn 99 is cancelled.

And Last Man on Earth and The Mick.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah Fox is on a warpath, The Mick is one of the funniest shows on TV

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat it, I need 5 more seasons of this.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Still dunno how I feel about Jeremiah. So far he's accomplished absolutely nothing in his big debut episode, and it seems he won't be able to do anything without some serious help. I'm hoping next week's episode actually gives us some of those big, status quo changing events it promised. I know how much this show fears serious change. Got my fingers crossed, though.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

TheLoneStar posted:

Still dunno how I feel about Jeremiah. So far he's accomplished absolutely nothing in his big debut episode, and it seems he won't be able to do anything without some serious help. I'm hoping next week's episode actually gives us some of those big, status quo changing events it promised. I know how much this show fears serious change. Got my fingers crossed, though.

I liked Jerome's more manic zaniness. Jeremiah's subtle "rational" crazy just isn't as compelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I got a sensible chuckle out of one of Jeremiah's goons exclaiming "Gordon's alive!"

• Locked thread