Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Cars rolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That was an excellent 25 laps tbh

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Hopefully this is just a quick passing shower, because this has been a great race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

God drat that was a good race

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kidcoelacanth posted:

God drat that was a good race
I love listening to good a race at work. Makes my boring job so much better.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea it was a very good race. Was nice to see a few of the rookies like Bubba Wallace getting some laps out in front.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good race. Old Bristol is almost back.

As for Richmond, the inside story of Dale Jr getting dumped by Kyle in 2008: http://jeffgluck.com/2008-richmond-race-dale-earnhardt-jr-kyle-busch/

e- Ford apparently doesn't like being fairly dominant so they're changing body styles next year:

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/986224209243369472

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 17, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FOX just said this is the first Richmond Xfinity race without a Cup driver in the field since the series' first race there in 1982.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This has been a very entertaining race so far, if for nothing else than watching Almirola house most of the field.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kyle putting on a short track clinic tonight.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

9 races into the season and Harvick and Busch already got 3 wins a piece...

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Nobody else can close a race out this year.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Nobody else can close a race out this year.

That #78 team really screwed the pooch on that one. I don't know if he would have held on but his short run car was OK so there was a chance if they didn't have such a horrible pit stop. I'm a little surprised nobody tried to stay out before the restart with 6 to go. I think there were like 10 or 11 laps on everyone's tires and only 16 cars on the lead lap. I thought maybe 2 or 3 guys below 7th place or so would try it.

It seems like the last few weeks there has been a lot of emphasis about tire safety and keeping them "at arms reach" while doing pit stops. I don't know why NASCAR is so hard up about this but then takes away a member of the over the wall crew. If you want fewer uncontrolled tires then let an extra man over the wall. Seems pretty simple. Most of the "uncontrolled" tires have been caused by 1 guy trying to secure 2 tires and I say "uncontrolled" because these wildly uncontrolled tires have been like rolling and inch out of the box or an inch out of "arms reach". Luckily those have been the only uncontrolled tires so far but it just seems silly to have safety be the reason they went down to 5 people and want less people on pit road but safety is also compromised when a tire is more likely to end up rolling out of the pit box and end up going off somebody's front bumper and becoming a projectile.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Don't allow passing under yellow, everyone restarts where they were before the pit stop. Problem solved. Now pits under green it is on.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh2MS9DlWsu/

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bigbillystyle posted:

It seems like the last few weeks there has been a lot of emphasis about tire safety and keeping them "at arms reach" while doing pit stops. I don't know why NASCAR is so hard up about this but then takes away a member of the over the wall crew. If you want fewer uncontrolled tires then let an extra man over the wall. Seems pretty simple. Most of the "uncontrolled" tires have been caused by 1 guy trying to secure 2 tires and I say "uncontrolled" because these wildly uncontrolled tires have been like rolling and inch out of the box or an inch out of "arms reach". Luckily those have been the only uncontrolled tires so far but it just seems silly to have safety be the reason they went down to 5 people and want less people on pit road but safety is also compromised when a tire is more likely to end up rolling out of the pit box and end up going off somebody's front bumper and becoming a projectile.

I'm pretty sure Nascar just wants to create some #drama on pit road.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:vince:

https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2018/4/23/17273630/matt-kenseth-roush-fenway-racing-trevor-bayne-nascar-cup-series-2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

THAT'S MATT KENSETH'S MUSIC.

...seriously, what the hell?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:rip: Trevor's cup career.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Well this is the worst thing I’ve ever heard in my life

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I guess Fox's Radioactive being drivers making GBS threads on Bayne for weeks on end had to take its toll at some point

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Rip tbayne. Off to cope pastures you go.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

The Bayne Train has reached its final stop :rip:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just hope "not a good driver" and not "health problems" is the reason.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I just hope "not a good driver" and not "health problems" is the reason.

given roush's utter irrelevance anymore i dunno if you can even make a definitive assessment of the ability of any of their drivers

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

given roush's utter irrelevance anymore i dunno if you can even make a definitive assessment of the ability of any of their drivers

Roush hasn't been good at all, but Stenhouse runs decent when he actually has a good car. Bayne was barely top 20. Makes sense to bring in Kenseth to figure out some things for the program

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Bayne won a race where the winner could literally be picked from a keno machine.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Ungratek posted:

Roush hasn't been good at all, but Stenhouse runs decent when he actually has a good car. Bayne was barely top 20. Makes sense to bring in Kenseth to figure out some things for the program

Between Stenhouse and Bayne their average finishing results are actually pretty close with Stenhouse at 21 and Bayne at 23.8 but I feel like Stenhouse has had some better runs, especially with a top 5 at Bristol and that car was loving trashed. Bayne's best finish so far is a 12th at Texas. Taking another look at it as I type this out, aside from the 4th at Bristol Stenhouse also has zero top 10's. So they are really kind of even with each other. I still feel like Stenhouse has been running better though. Maybe because I know what Sunny D is and could care less what Advocare is, or whatever it's called, on that 6 car? The corporate sponsors tell me who to like now I guess, as it should be.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

bigbillystyle posted:

Maybe because I know what Sunny D is and could care less what Advocare is, or whatever it's called, on that 6 car?

The latter is an MLM scheme.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Looks like Matt brings sponsorship:
https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/989142263463890944

e- If a press conference is going on but nobody can hear it, does it actually happen?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 25, 2018

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It's only fitting that he stole that car from a cripple.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/roushfenway/status/989155039896883201

I'm guessing it wasn't worth it for them to bring the 16 or 99 off the shelf and run a third team.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
His sponsor is a hotel rewards program?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

his sponsor* is a hotel rewards program.

*in select races

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Speaking of hotels:

https://twitter.com/Brendan62/status/988838846233100289

...they're going to turn Herschel McGriff loose in a K&N car at 90 years old?

e- https://twitter.com/Blaney/status/989255474683006977

Yep. Think I found a Ryan Blaney diecast to buy. That should be his regular paint scheme.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 26, 2018

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Hot rumor of a NASCAR - ARCA merger in an hour's time or so.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
That would make pretty much no sense at all so it sounds pretty likely.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its the only way NASCAR is going to get a full field again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Now we can look forward to The Big One at every race.