Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Pez posted:

Also someone in my town has a Mr Mime and we're are jealous and need to fly to Europe I guess

It's possible Mr. Mime or other regionals may do a temporary migration as part of an event at some point down the road. For example a few months back Farfetch'd was available globally for like, a week, before going back to being an Asia-only regional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Mr Mime eventually will have a baby form so they'll have to do something by that time with regionals

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

Mr Mime eventually will have a baby form so they'll have to do something by that time with regionals

They could have done something great for Earth Day with the regionals. Nope.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I started playing this game after quitting 6 months after launch and I remember why I quit. The new Pokémon are cool for a while but this game is far too frustrating for anyone who doesn’t live in an urban area.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
losing the tracker has completely killed my motivation. I've done 3 raids since the quest system came out just to get latios, and none since then. basically all I do now is wake/lock my phone screen while driving to get distance for my buddies since it's impossible to actually find anything now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good day today, a beldum and trapinch randomly spawned by my house, but most importantly this happened:

I guess since I got my ex pass and a Mewtwo, I don't have much left to complain about :qq:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Couple of weeks ago, my gf and I were out for whatever reason and decided to hit a Charmander raid at a tiny park thing. Cue Ex-Raid pass for Today. It went surprisingly smooth, we had a full 20 people in the second group that went in, caught an alright Mewtwo, we went around downtown walking and eating frozen yogurt until she got the ten raids (including me paying 11 cents to get an extra premium raid to get Latios). Then some nice walking around (snow finally fully cleared out and the day was sunny and warm even) she got Mew.

Just a very nice Pokemon Go day.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

and if there's an active Discord in your area, get on it, and show up to the raid at least 15 minutes early, some people start right at hatch!

Our discord has a very nice volunteer who coordinates EX raids in our area (often 5+ raids a week with up to 100 accounts) accounting for ability to win, everyone's availability and team color to try to get maximum balls for everyone. At last week's EX raid we had a guy post in the rsvp thread 10 minutes after the egg hatched demanding that a group of people wait for him to drive 20+ mins from another city so he could get Mewtwo.

Don't be that guy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone at my Mewtwo raid drove from Yakima to Seattle to be there. That's over a two-hour drive without traffic, and one of the major highways in Seattle was closed for construction all weekend. Talk about dedication to the game.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

Someone at my Mewtwo raid drove from Yakima to Seattle to be there. That's over a two-hour drive without traffic, and one of the major highways in Seattle was closed for construction all weekend. Talk about dedication to the game.

I bailed on a half hour drive for one today, but I have 5 MewTwo already.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm kind of bored because there's little to no prep I can even do to get ready for the next legendary bosses. Latias is going to be the same, and the titans are all easily countered. Fire and fighting kill Regice and Registeel, while Regirock is the easiest when I have a platoon of Vaporeon and Exeggutor ready from basically the beginning of the game's release. This is gonna be a long summer.

I guess I can keep taking over gyms for gold status and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm guessing they'll add a way to get Celebi through field work, similar to Mew. Hoping that's the summer solo quest.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I forget that with scanners down, I haven't been hunting for 100% IV mons and that was a big part of my playing.

If summer PoGo is that boring, then it'll be a good time for me to crack open my Pokemon Ultra Sun that I bought in November and never had time to play.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

seiferguy posted:

When I got my first pass, someone drove from Gadsenboro, AL to Charleston, SC, a good 6 hours to come. He already had multiple Mewtwos and still made it out. He was visiting the week before and did an Aggron raid when it first came out. Luckily it was later in the afternoon, a massive event around town had all the hotels booked up. He even offered to help catch Mewtwo for people which was nice, and yeah he showed up before hatch.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Who is naming these

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Surprisingly, the lack of trackers has only really had minor effects on how I've been raiding in Philly. We have a pretty good system on Discord where people self-report stuff. I miss raids that aren't reported in some of the non-Center City/Rittenhouse areas, but someone almost always reports in the areas where there will be enough people to support a raid.

It's going to be pretty interesting when I'm traveling for work coming up. It's been fun learning how raiding works in different parts of the country/world.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jothan posted:

Who is naming these

Ingress players

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I finally got to experience a real nest. There's a stop nearby that's inside a park area, and since the last migration, it's had Corphish on radar almost nonstop. I stopped by since I was 10 candy away from evolving one, and three of them spawned immediately! Needless to say, I got my Crawdaunt.

Now I need to find some park gyms nearby so I can try to get another EX pass.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I want to find a really good Shroomish! Using Breloom at the battle tree in my copy of Ultra Sun has made me wanna max out a beefy GO one and tear down some Blisseys sitting atop MY gyms!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DizzyBum posted:

I finally got to experience a real nest. There's a stop nearby that's inside a park area, and since the last migration, it's had Corphish on radar almost nonstop. I stopped by since I was 10 candy away from evolving one, and three of them spawned immediately! Needless to say, I got my Crawdaunt.

Now I need to find some park gyms nearby so I can try to get another EX pass.

Nests are the best part of the game for me. Google silph road atlas and see if anything's reported near you. You'll eventually get a feeling for how many mons spawn at each park at a time and it's great when you get a good spot to hit to unlock a dex entry.

I'm on my last km for a cradily and just need to walk 200km for my salamence :sigh:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Nests are the best part of the game for me. Google silph road atlas and see if anything's reported near you. You'll eventually get a feeling for how many mons spawn at each park at a time and it's great when you get a good spot to hit to unlock a dex entry.

I'm on my last km for a cradily and just need to walk 200km for my salamence :sigh:

I saw a wild Shelgon on my radar a week ago but it vanished before I got to the stop. Really could have used that candy. :argh:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Willsun posted:

I forget that with scanners down, I haven't been hunting for 100% IV mons and that was a big part of my playing.

If summer PoGo is that boring, then it'll be a good time for me to crack open my Pokemon Ultra Sun that I bought in November and never had time to play.

I don’t miss the spawn scans as much as I miss the raid scans. All my local raid discord’s are practically dead. (Though the boring legendaries now don’t help)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
legendaries have always been boring

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Looks like the Earth Day event triggered rewards to 4/30, which includes 3x stardust for ground/water/grass type Pokemon. In turn though it looks like they increased the spawns of those types as a Larvitar, Magikarp and Wailmer all spawned at the same time at my work.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Looks like the Earth Day event triggered rewards to 4/30, which includes 3x stardust for ground/water/grass type Pokemon. In turn though it looks like they increased the spawns of those types as a Larvitar, Magikarp and Wailmer all spawned at the same time at my work.

Ah, okay, that explains why I suddenly got Carvanha/Rhyhorn/Baltoy spawns at my office, and why my radar shows 3 Wailmer nearby.

Niantic is really stepping it up with events lately. Feels like we've had something active almost every week for a while now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

DizzyBum posted:

Ah, okay, that explains why I suddenly got Carvanha/Rhyhorn/Baltoy spawns at my office, and why my radar shows 3 Wailmer nearby.

Niantic is really stepping it up with events lately. Feels like we've had something active almost every week for a while now.

The events they're putting out lately seem to take little to no prep time and seems like it's a matter of adjusting some things server side so they better keep it up, it keeps things moderately interesting.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I still need one more ghost....

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
People are reporting shiny Wailmer.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Louisgod posted:

People are reporting shiny Wailmer.

Yep. Light purple.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Ugh, I have a 15/15/14 and a 15/14/15 Wailmer - both hatched - and enough candies to evolve one of them. Now I have to worry about shinies? Hopefully I'll never find one.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Left the US for the first time.

Had a layover in Schipol airport in Amserdam.

Booted up game, immediately caught two Mr. Mimes :3:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Left the US for the first time.

Had a layover in Schipol airport in Amserdam.

Booted up game, immediately caught two Mr. Mimes :3:

I've seen Tauros a lot in airports which is a super cool idea to put regionals there.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
Another great weekend. I got my second EX pass (for next Sunday) after only raiding once during the past week. And I caught two Latios! I love this game!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

notoriousman posted:

Ugh, I have a 15/15/14 and a 15/14/15 Wailmer - both hatched - and enough candies to evolve one of them. Now I have to worry about shinies? Hopefully I'll never find one.

IVs don’t matter for Wailmer, it’s outclassed by literally everything else.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Louisgod posted:

IVs don’t matter for Wailmer, it’s outclassed by literally everything else.

I use my 98% Wailord with Blizzard as a comedy ice attacker for raids. Big dumb wriggling tube of whale is hilarious.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

This event is great simply because for some reason the college campus where I work, which was a dead zone, now has the boosted spawn rate event Pokémon all over the place. I was able to take a short walk at the end of the day to catch up a ton of Magikarp to get to 400 candies, work on my Wailmer candy, and catch a bunch of other stuff. Shame I'm not yet on the excellent throw step of the Mew quest since that's pretty easy with Wailmers around.

I would love it if spawns continued on the campus after this event finishes but I have a feeling they just accidentally enabled spawns in areas that were / are dead zones.

Anyone else experience this?

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Protip posted:

This event is great simply because for some reason the college campus where I work, which was a dead zone, now has the boosted spawn rate event Pokémon all over the place. I was able to take a short walk at the end of the day to catch up a ton of Magikarp to get to 400 candies, work on my Wailmer candy, and catch a bunch of other stuff. Shame I'm not yet on the excellent throw step of the Mew quest since that's pretty easy with Wailmers around.

I would love it if spawns continued on the campus after this event finishes but I have a feeling they just accidentally enabled spawns in areas that were / are dead zones.

Anyone else experience this?

In my experience, whenever they have some event that boosts spawn rates of specific pokemon or types, extra spawn locations happen. Usually nothing ever spawns on top of my house, but whenever there's been an event like this, stuff pops up every 15 minutes or so.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Ziddar posted:

In my experience, whenever they have some event that boosts spawn rates of specific pokemon or types, extra spawn locations happen. Usually nothing ever spawns on top of my house, but whenever there's been an event like this, stuff pops up every 15 minutes or so.

Yeah the general spawns are definitely increased as well, but this is the first time this has happened where I work, and I play daily to hit up the Pokestops and gyms on campus. Usually the radar only shows Pokémon at the Pokestops just off campus but this afternoon it showed them for all of the stops on campus. Would love it if I could walk around campus a couple times a day after the event but definitely not holding my breath. I also wouldn't be too surprised if when I went in tomorrow they spawns were removed.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I have been blessed by a ridiculous purple whale that is now forever getting shoved in every gym I come across. Best Event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I have been blessed by a ridiculous purple whale that is now forever getting shoved in every gym I come across. Best Event

I got a shiny but I'm about 380 candy short to evolve :(

• Locked thread