Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Listening to Cum Town to own myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Policed in my Thoughts by My Book "Policed in the Thoughts by My Book 'Policed in the Thoughts by My Own Thoughts'"

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Goon Danton posted:

Self crit get hit

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
This is the stupidest loving thing.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Impermanent posted:

starting the DSA thread only to get repeatedly owned by people to his left kind of makes Ace of Baes our own personal Michael Harrington.

lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/987934103394750464

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

can a bad words historian confirm my guess that “hosed over” comes from “hosed over a barrel” tho?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ace of Baes its good to be considerate of the audience and also nobody is saying you can't say "get hosed" if your audience is one that is receptive to that phrase.

if you were say speaking to the dsa bdsm club i think they would totally understand the implications between loving and getting hosed in a way that does not imply rape.

don't do the reactionary thing and throw context out of the window

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
what happened to this thread

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i dont mind drama in the sa thread because it doesn’t result in medium posts and petitions to demand resignations

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

it’s an antill that you get a million posts from if you poke it

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

jarofpiss posted:

i dont mind drama in the sa thread because it doesn’t result in medium posts and petitions to demand resignations

I DEMAND jarofpiss step down from the NPC immediately, and also I DEMAND to know if they were on it in the first place. The lack of transparency is damning

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im jeremy gong

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Check it out: more like Jeremy... Wrong.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
brb gonna take a gong hit*

* getting dogpiled online for having stupid-as-gently caress opinions

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

jarofpiss posted:

im jeremy gong

more like jereny going..... to resign binch

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

eating itself over literally the smallest possible disagreement between decorum and candidness

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the piss mailchimp note is real

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

eating itself over literally the smallest possible disagreement between decorum and candidness

danny would have stopped this

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

me :twisted:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
tim faust is a good boy and allowed to change the words he uses in different audiences if he wants
part of building solidarity and mutualism is realizing there are going to be folks with views and behaviors you find problematic, and things you do someone else will find objectionable. So you trust they're making a good faith effort and not just antagonizing you, and do the same.
Do I think "gently caress" is a rape callback? No, but if that specific phrase makes people I want to help (and help me) feel bad, I'll avoid using it around them.

edit: It's the same as when some of the older folks in my chapter use the wrong pronouns on some of the trans kids, we gently correct them (just using the proper pronoun in our response) rather than starting a witch hunt or indignantly pointing out how terrible a bigot they are.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Coolness Averted posted:

tim faust is a good boy and allowed to change the words he uses in different audiences if he wants
part of building solidarity and mutualism is realizing there are going to be folks with views and behaviors you find problematic, and things you do someone else will find objectionable. So you trust they're making a good faith effort and not just antagonizing you, and do the same.
Do I think "gently caress" is a rape callback? No, but if that specific phrase makes people I want to help (and help me) feel bad, I'll avoid using it around them.

look at this sick self-cucked liberal

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

it's pretty cool an instance of mild self-criticism is causing people to try out their open mic material itt

russian guyovich, join dsa

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

I demand you resign from posting.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

BrainParasite posted:

I demand you resign from posting.

this has never worked on me beforw and it isn’t going to now

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Idk if there's any real difference between the phrase "getting hosed" and "getting hosed over" but that's just me

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Chucktesla posted:

Idk if there's any real difference between the phrase "getting hosed" and "getting hosed over" but that's just me

there isn't lol

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
getting hosed implies getting literally raped
getting hosed over implies consensual sex, which is why ppl use it to describe stuff they really like

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
doin a heckin self crit for accidentally listening to Beyonce cr*zy in love

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
nt

Captain Queernabs has issued a correction as of 23:44 on Aug 26, 2018

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm not even following you anymore AoB lol

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Pillbug
it seems like the person who is triggered is not the PC cop but... AoB himself...

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I think it's really funny and stupid

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
it's also indicative of the horrible culture within the org but I don't really care about that as much

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Captain Queernabs posted:

I checked the cumtown reddit and there's like 300 comments on this.

I checked and there's a whole comment chain mad about the phrase "you'll do better and it'll rule" in a random reply lol

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Pillbug

Ace of Baes posted:

im not mad. its funny to me actualy. ive got my posting diaper on like a big boy

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
triggered much??????

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

triggered much??????

i mean apparently you are

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
what the hell is cumtown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Look, we all joke, but this is deadly serious. This is a classic slippery slope--next thing you know, we'll all be encouraged to self reflect, and then maybe people won't all laugh when you use the funny slurs against autistic people, this is definitely the biggest problem within DSA as it exists