Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm gonna be totally honest, I've always kind of liked Tsukihime's soundtrack? there's none of the straight up GET loving HYPE stuff like Emiya or Mighty Wind or Light & Darkness but the soft, melancholy vibe the whole thing has works perfectly for the Far Side routes and still fits okay in the Near Side ones

Yeah I've got a huge soft spot for the Ever After soundtrack and it's absolutely killer on the Far Side routes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And sometimes she punches people with time reversing lasers! I want Bazett in FGO.

Emer Pseudo-Servant when!?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dr Pepper posted:

Emer Pseudo-Servant when!?

It'd totally be Lugh, not Emer. She uses his sword afterall. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Heaven's Feel is getting another set of screenings in America as of June 5th and June 7th and it's for the dub, which is neat.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-24/1st-fate-stay-night-heaven-feel-film-english-dub-debuts-in-u.s-theaters-on-june-5/.130774

If nothing else, I'll probably go see this to hear Hassan's voice, but Kari Wahlgren Saber is always good even if Kyle Mccarley Shinji loving sucks.

Also speaking of Kari Wahlgren as Saber

https://twitter.com/KariWahlgren/status/988844011963072513

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

and it's for the dub,

gross

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The dub is fine, please don't be that person

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the white or yellow subs LOGH image but there's no text in the "I prefer white ones" panel because the guy is saying "I prefer dubs"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stair will always be that person

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i just wanna see ayako do this now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In this thread we venerate suwabe

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

*seki

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stairmaster posted:

Which tvtropes page did you steal this opinion from, Stair? Because I know you had no idea who suwabe was before you read FSN last year.

Or did you ask endorph to read his entire filmography to you and now you are all of a sudden a Suwabe nerd

Both Sekis are very good yes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I see you're having an extremely normal one today

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

stair.....

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Which tvtropes page did you steal this opinion from, Stair? Because I know you had no idea who suwabe was before you read FSN last year.

Or did you ask endorph to read his entire filmography to you and now you are all of a sudden a Suwabe nerd

chill out dude

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Plutonis posted:

chill out dude

stair deserves it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

I see you're having an extremely normal one today
gotta be honest baal this is a pretty good dunk

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It’s the first thing he’s said in a while worth of any substance so I hardly begrudge you for it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

gotta be honest baal this is a pretty good dunk

it's a chapo meme

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i assume they stole it from someone else

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just saw a clip of slightly older Shiro v genderbent Gil.

I’m guessing that’s a Prisma Illya thing?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That universe apparently uses Cards to transform into character armor.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

yeah, it's basically Fate CCS, ignoring, uh, everything else about it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

if you pay attention to everything else about it, it is instead Fate Nanoha

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've only seen the first season and it's honestly pretty alright, I've heard the later ones do a lot more stuff so I may watch those eventually

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rodyle posted:

if you pay attention to everything else about it, it is instead Fate Nanoha

nobody kisses in nanoha, but it turns out that was for the best

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I've only seen the first season and it's honestly pretty alright

Actually it is bad. It's turns Ilya into the blandest character ever, there's blatant :pedo: appeal, and even the "good parts" like Archer!Ilya vs. Saber Alter don't actually make sense in the context of other Fate stories.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Motto posted:

nobody kisses in nanoha, but it turns out that was for the best

I mean I certainly am not here to say Prisma is good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver2195 posted:

Actually it is bad. It's turns Ilya into the blandest character ever, there's blatant :pedo: appeal, and even the "good parts" like Archer!Ilya vs. Saber Alter don't actually make sense in the context of other Fate stories.

I legit remember like a bath scene one time and the weird scene with Ilya being into maid uniforms and those were within the first two epsides iirc. It's more front loaded with poo poo whereas the 8 episodes after that stuff is relatively tame, also why does making sense within the context of other fate stories matter in a spinoff that is very obviously operating under its own dumb rules for the sake of its own story? I mean the show wasn't anything special, but I hardly considered it anything more than kind of sketchy at a few points and mostly okay at others. As I said though, this is just me speaking from the perspective of somehow who heard it was the worst poo poo ever forever and watched and was mostly just kinda "Alright sure" to a lot of it.

I guess it helps I don't hold Ilya up to this golden pedestal because I already didn't have an amazing opinion of her in general?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

fate gohan doesn't make sense, wtf, this is a series about fighting for the holy grail

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I guess it helps I don't hold Ilya up to this golden pedestal because I already didn't have an amazing opinion of her in general?

Fair point (there was some skeevy stuff involving Ilya in F/SN too), but Prisma Ilya removes everything interesting about her and then makes her the main character.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

"i'm only interested in girls if they are inhuman"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

is illya's voice as weird in FSN as Prisma (mainly asking this based on the FGO CM)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm not the best person to ask about whether a voice sounds 'natural' or w/e but she sounded like a little girl with some strange affectations to her voice cadance

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Aurora posted:

"i'm only interested in girls if they are inhuman"

I'm not saying you can't have a good magical girl series where the protagonist is more or less an ordinary 10-14-year-old girl. Look at Cardcaptor Sakura, for example. But the Ilya is Prisma Ilya just doesn't have enough depth or realism to work as that kind of character, and she's so far removed from the Ilya of F/SN (who does have depth, though not realism) that there's hardly any point in giving her the same name.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

I just saw a clip of slightly older Shiro v genderbent Gil.

I’m guessing that’s a Prisma Illya thing?
It's from that movie and it's pretty drat poo poo. Even leaving aside all the pedobait stuff, it's really really boring and overly exposition heavy even for Fate. It's also got a lot more failed comedy in normal, which is honestly worse than the failed drama. It even adds new terrible characters like Ruby who severs no real purpose besides dispensing exposition on already explained topics and making jokes so bad that they make Alf look like the height of comedy.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Motto posted:

is illya's voice as weird in FSN as Prisma (mainly asking this based on the FGO CM)

Fueeee!??!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When is my loving Alf servant

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's from that movie and it's pretty drat poo poo. Even leaving aside all the pedobait stuff, it's really really boring and overly exposition heavy even for Fate. It's also got a lot more failed comedy in normal, which is honestly worse than the failed drama. It even adds new terrible characters like Ruby who severs no real purpose besides dispensing exposition on already explained topics and making jokes so bad that they make Alf look like the height of comedy.

Ruby was introduced in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

In fact all of Prisma Illya is an extended riff on her appearance there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Well not really looking forward to HA then, cause Ruby was a truly abysmally terrible character.