Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Remember how hard they tried to bury Anjudar in AAA this season? heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

With his HR in his first at bat tonight, Andujar has had an extra base hit in his seventh straight game. He’s now tied with DiMaggio (June 1937) and Mantle (May 1955) as the only other Yankees to have 7 straight games with an XBH streak before their 24th birthday.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm sitting in 231 tonight and that Sanchez foul ball landed 3 rows in front of me and it was terrifying.

It got here so fast.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think Andujar might be good you guys.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Aaron Judge is a monster

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Didi Gregorious is my spirit animal. Aaron Judge is my large adult son. Andujar is a beautiful, beautiful beast. I love this offense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They cost themselves so much money not signing Didi before now... He's gonna get Altuve's deal minimum. Probably more.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

How do you bench Tyler Austin btw the dude is hitting baseballs.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Platoon him with Bird. Stop carrying 8 bullpen arms.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

seriously. You don't need 8 relievers, especially if the starters are in a groove where they're throwing 6-7 innings a night (You can reasonably expect this from Sevy, Tanaka, and Montgomery. Gray will get there and CC is very 5 and fly these days)

I think Drury goes to 1B when he comes back, and then goes to supersub mode when Bird comes back. it might be curtains for Tyler Wade's time in New York tho, he's the odd man out and he hasn't performed well in his short stints

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

seriously. You don't need 8 relievers, especially if the starters are in a groove where they're throwing 6-7 innings a night (You can reasonably expect this from Sevy, Tanaka, and Montgomery. Gray will get there and CC is very 5 and fly these days)

I think Drury goes to 1B when he comes back, and then goes to supersub mode when Bird comes back. it might be curtains for Tyler Wade's time in New York tho, he's the odd man out and he hasn't performed well in his short stints

A bunch of these guys like Wade, Austin and maybe even Drury could be traded for a pitcher.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
On the train home from the game I met the guys who caught Didi's grand slam, they grabbed it out of the air right in front of Zack Hample. My dudes.

Also THE YANKEES GET COLE! (It's AJ Cole but that's a minor quibble.)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

On the train home from the game I met the guys who caught Didi's grand slam, they grabbed it out of the air right in front of Zack Hample. My dudes.

Also THE YANKEES GET COLE! (It's AJ Cole but that's a minor quibble.)

How the hell is Zack Hample still allowed in major league ballparks?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Didi Gregorious

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

Didi Gregorious

They need to pay the man already.

Edit: Also it’s looking like that has to be Cashman’s best trade since he’s been GM, right?

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 25, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mikeraskol posted:

Didi Gregorious

loving amazing.

Also Gleyber...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Can we fire Dellin Betances into the sun?

Or at least the next worse thing, Tropicana Field?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Of course I would love this to be permanent but I would bet a lot of money it's not. A lot of players have had super hot weeks. I've always thought he's fine as a long term regular, just I think he needs more polish.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The only place for Andujar to get more polish is in the bigs. not gonna get high caliber pitches in AAA

also lol Gary Sanchez is a god that we forget about

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Super Jay Mann posted:

Can we fire Dellin Betances into the sun?

Or at least the next worse thing, Tropicana Field?

If you warm Dellin up you have to warm up somebody right next to him to come either bail him out or (best case) start the next inning.

It's so sad to watch :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

If you warm Dellin up you have to warm up somebody right next to him to come either bail him out or (best case) start the next inning.

It's so sad to watch :(

He clearly needs a change of scenery and it's going to be impossible for the yankees to get fair value for him.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 25, 2018

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Thinking about this lineup once Stanton gets on a hot streak and Bird comes back in a month or two.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

WAR leaders over the last calendar year:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

ihatepants posted:

Sonny Gray is not a good pitcher.

Doesn’t even matter who is catching.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
That whole theory was always bullshit and gently caress.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Didi Gregorious

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tyler Austin

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
just knockin' dingers tonight I guess

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Dongers are so sexy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Wow was that terrible baserunning by Romine.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Didi being intentionally walked to get to Stanton. What a world.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I loving love Miguel Andujar, I'm glad Drury has migraines and I never want him to come back.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
They have to send a pitcher down for Drury, how the gently caress are you taking Andujar or Austin out of this lineup right now?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Lol they are gonna get no hit and shut out by a guy with horrible career numbers.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 26, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It's one outing but drat that was some vintage Dellin.

https://twitter.com/ktsharp/status/989596932199903232

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

:smug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A thing of beauty

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this was the most Yankees-Twins series in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I picked a fortuitous day to wear my I Am Gary shirt to work.

• Locked thread