Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

They really are making this for the older millinails to watch with their young kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I like that they went all the way with every metaphor required. The equivalent of Hannibal Lecter was a serial vandal.

I think that was its best episode and it was the very first one it did.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Senerio posted:

I just saw the trailer. It's real.

The trailer in question, for the curious.

I do kind of love that, for being the rational skeptic of the lot, Huey is still totally jazzed to meet Literally Zeus.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Apparently the next actually new episode will be The Spear of Selene, on May 4th.

Get excited for a Della episode!!!!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Unlike Steven Universe, DuckTails is getting straight to the point.

To be fair, the episode will certainly lack Steven's cutting edge.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 24, 2018

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

The trailer in question, for the curious.

I do kind of love that, for being the rational skeptic of the lot, Huey is still totally jazzed to meet Literally Zeus.

All is becoming right with the world. A battletech game is out, comic book movies are mostly good and all the cartoons I used to watch are returning, but better.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

evilmiera posted:

All is becoming right with the world. A battletech game is out, comic book movies are mostly good and all the cartoons I used to watch are returning, but better.

Are you saying that someone is making your country, which I'm assuming to be America, great again?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

If they bring back Tale Spin as its own show I will be so so happy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

IRQ posted:

If they bring back Tale Spin as its own show I will be so so happy.

Darkwing Duck, reboot when?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Watched the new episode on Disney app this morning. Was OK, kind of underwhelming overall but still decent TV. Storkules was hilarious though.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Darkwing Duck, reboot when?

Yes, but Rescue Rangers first.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pnumoman posted:

Yes, but Rescue Rangers first.

I think Rescue Rangers is the one Disney Afternoon show they aren't allowed to use.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Rescue Rangers is the one Disney Afternoon show they aren't allowed to use.

Specifically because a movie is in the pipeline.

It's almost certainly going to be CGI imposed on live action, I'm sorry.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Llywellyn

Senerio fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 5, 2018

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

BizarroAzrael posted:

There is no god.

Alright then, Darkwing Duck and Tailspin it is.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Specifically because there's a movie in development hell, actually.

Anyway, the new episode was great and frankly a lot better than a bunch of others this season. Hoping the trend continues.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Speculation:

So The Spear of Selene has to be Scrooge's rocket now, right?

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 7, 2018

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Man I totally did not realize that (just in case) Zeus was Michael Chiklis.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Senerio posted:

Speculation:

So The Spear of Selene has to be Scrooge's rocket now, right?

I'd buy that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Further speculation:

If I had to guess, it blew up/vanished on the Moon, and Donald blames Scrooge for having a shoddily-built rocket, but Della survived and is on the Moon and they're gonna go rescue her, and the Moon Theme is gonna play as they fly up to the Moon.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm a bit miffed that with all the buildup the was so little Della, but overall it was a great episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The shows been good so far, but you know who I'm kind of hoping shows up eventually? Daisy. I dunno, I just like her. I know she wasn't featured in the original Ducktales cartoon, but maybe she'll show up here?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Senerio posted:

Further speculation:

If I had to guess, it blew up/vanished on the Moon, and Donald blames Scrooge for having a shoddily-built rocket, but Della survived and is on the Moon and they're gonna go rescue her, and the Moon Theme is gonna play as they fly up to the Moon.

Did they actually go to the moon in the original cartoon? I thought that was only a video game thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's just the game but I heard somewhere (but haven't seen any corroboration since so grain of salt) that they said at sdcc that they are planning to use that theme.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

This ep was weird, felt like it started midway and I missed the first part, but then it just kind if kept dropping into things with no real setup.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Man Launchpad is a great character.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvFBFkNfxM

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Here we go now

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Let's get Dangerous.

(More Darkwing, please)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi it's me

The guy who wants a Darkwing Duck bobblehead

Also the guy who wants the series to switch to Gizmoduck Vs Evil Corp

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I can't quite tell for sure, is that still Jim Cummings doing the voice?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Larryb posted:

I can't quite tell, is that still Jim Cummings doing the voice?

100%

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Awesome, didn't think they'd recast him anyway since he's been a regular VA at Disney for a long time now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Larryb posted:

Awesome, didn't think they'd recast him anyway since he's been a regular VA at Disney for a long time now.

Well, if it's not, it's a drat good copycat

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

exquisite Batman reference (just like the old DW show!)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/995120672962576384?s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Well, if it's not, it's a drat good copycat

It was indeed Jim Cummings, I just looked it up to be sure. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of DW in the future, I kind of like the new Fenton/Gizmoduck as well.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 12, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Impressed a bit that the episode has Gyro Gearloose, Fenton Crackshell and Mark Beaks, and they're all entirely distinct and contrast each other. Gyro Gearloose assumes everyone else is an idiot and he needs to explain everything (and he does, but it doesn't help) while Fenton is more openly friendly and assumes everyone can keep up with him, which is actually far more dangerous. While Mark Beaks knows how to sell things to people and tells them what they want to hear.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I wasn't sold on last week's episode (Especially since the title implied it was going to go a lot deeper into the lore than we ended up getting), but this week's was definitely a gem. Every character in the episode was completely insane in their own unique way, and it was incredibly fun to watch them bounce off each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mentioned before it seems like Mark Beaks is the equivalent to Rockerduck for this show; more willing to splash money around and try out fancy new things, albeit mostly stolen stuff not properly tested. Interesting that Scrooge, who hated him at first, is entirely willing to work with him if Beaks is selling a product he wants, though obviously wants to make sure it works first. (especially after this fiasco when it turned out to be a stolen McDuck Industries product in the first place)

And this episode confirms that Scrooge keeps Launchpad as a pilot and driver because he's exactly the right kind of crazy and reckless that Scrooge needs.