Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Picked up some Trader Joes 'dines today, never had em before. Got some smoked ones in olive oil and some in spring water along with a couple cans of smoked trout. According to the checkout dude they no longer carry the smoked herring which seemed to be a hit with a lot of you 'diners. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cocoavalley
Dec 28, 2010

Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done

pahuyuth posted:

Picked up some Trader Joes 'dines today, never had em before. Got some smoked ones in olive oil and some in spring water along with a couple cans of smoked trout. According to the checkout dude they no longer carry the smoked herring which seemed to be a hit with a lot of you 'diners. :(

Imo the polar smoked herring fillets in a brown can are the same thing, if you can find those.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
JFC these little fuckers have so much protein!!!!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Fellow dine dudes, I'm seeking tax advice. At what point do I need to start declaring my free dines, coupons and totebags as income?

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
I'm seriously thinking of finally breaking down and getting Facebook, just for the dine swag

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Riga Sprat are great bc for 2.29 I can eat like 30 dead animals for a real low price

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Hey dine thread. I drank some beers and now I am eating some wonderful Brunswick mustard dines. Then I will have more beer. Thanks

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

ferroque posted:

Hey dine thread. I drank some beers and now I am eating some wonderful Brunswick mustard dines. Then I will have more beer. Thanks

bruns resident says hi

enjoy your bruns

thank u have nice day

*raises glass of straight rum*

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Well whaddayaknow. I too am eating tinned fishies - Trader Joe's Smoked dines on stone wheat crackers with cream cheese - and drinking beer - Stone Delicious IPA.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

Hell is the choice between

a) 55$ shipping from Europe for a tin of dines or
b) 30$ from amazon.ca for a tin I can get for a few bucks when visiting the states or
c) the dismal choice of dines I have to choose from locally being a few varieties of Brunswick, a few Clover Leaf and the one obligatory tin of Millionaires or
d) the extremely slim pickings for shipping tinned dines online

gently caress medicare I'm becoming an american for rigas and KO

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

whoever creates the first true online sardine distribution network will be rich

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

ferroque posted:

whoever creates the first true online sardine distribution network will be rich

I would pay for a 'dine of the week subscription service.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
So, having just jumped to the end of the thread, what's the consensus on sardines vs herring? We used to eat the hell out of King Oscar kipper snacks at my grandma's when I was a kid.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

SimonCat posted:

So, having just jumped to the end of the thread, what's the consensus on sardines vs herring? We used to eat the hell out of King Oscar kipper snacks at my grandma's when I was a kid.

Arguably not much difference. Dines, herring, anchovies, smelt, mackerel are in the same family of fish. They're more similar than different.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
Yeah, essentially the same fish, but kippers are bigger and seem a little drier and firmer, more like smoked salmon or other fish. Sardines (esp tots) - got the bones and innards for extra nutrition, little bit oilier. Both good but the dines still win on taste experience for me.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Actually, sardines are the only good food that exist.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

ferroque posted:

Actually, sardines are the only good food that exist.

:hmmyes:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Made corned beefy hash last night. drat tasty and filling too.

Corned beef isn't quite sardines but it does share some similarities. This is not an extensive list.

1. It's delicious meat
2. It's really salty
3. It comes in a fallout shelter approved tin.
4. ????

It also isn't like sardines in the following ways. This is also not an extensive list.

1. Doesn't make for a good midnight snack.
2. Has all the saturated fats.
3. Decidedly BEEFY.
4. ????

Any ways it's drat good stuff and belongs in any cupboard for emergency consumption. Definitely can't just be busted out at 4 AM and snacked over the sink unless you are like the LA Beast or something.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
#4 on the isn't list.

Corned Beef has has the potential for the worst farts.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

Made corned beefy hash last night. drat tasty and filling too.

Corned beef isn't quite sardines but it does share some similarities. This is not an extensive list.

1. It's delicious meat
2. It's really salty
3. It comes in a fallout shelter approved tin.
4. ????

It also isn't like sardines in the following ways. This is also not an extensive list.

1. Doesn't make for a good midnight snack.
2. Has all the saturated fats.
3. Decidedly BEEFY.
4. ????

Any ways it's drat good stuff and belongs in any cupboard for emergency consumption. Definitely can't just be busted out at 4 AM and snacked over the sink unless you are like the LA Beast or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x94zXO02VPU&t=1393s

naem
May 29, 2011

2 am corned beef hash recipe:

1. Empty can into microwave safe dish
2. Make egg sized divot on hash surface with spoon
3. Crack egg(s) into divot
4. Microwave until hot/egg cooked/edges crispy/you become impatient
5. Spoon too hot mush into mouth making "hoo hoo haah ohh" noises leaving tongue burnt (enhance burning sensation with hot sauce to taste)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

naem posted:

2 am corned beef hash recipe:

1. Empty can into microwave safe dish
2. Make egg sized divot on hash surface with spoon
3. Crack egg(s) into divot
4. Microwave until hot/egg cooked/edges crispy/you become impatient
5. Spoon too hot mush into mouth making "hoo hoo haah ohh" noises leaving tongue burnt (enhance burning sensation with hot sauce to taste)

Throw a potato in the microwave then break it up and broil it if you're that drunk. It will be worth it trust me~~

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 25, 2018

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I like corned beef. My favorite is the stuff from New Zealand that is more chipped beef in texture.

One summer road trip to Disney World included my mom bringing a rice cooker so that we could eat corned beef & hot rice at the hotels we’d stay in throughout the trip.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

This one is the money. :discourse:

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Beefchat goes into the Beefthread. It's why we have a Beefthread. Mods?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

numberoneposter posted:

This one is the money. :discourse:

You're supposed to yell "corned beef" and whisper the "with juices" part

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

BUT Corned Beef is certainly quite daddly, thus although it does not come from the sea, is still welcome in this holy place.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

theres a will theres moe posted:

You're supposed to yell "corned beef" and whisper the "with juices" part

phew, i thought i was the only person who finds joy in doing this

naem
May 29, 2011

Dad go home you're drunk. Mom is going to be pissed
https://youtu.be/uRP4nAGMYCY

you look like a garbage bag

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

I have Clover Leaf Mediterranean brisling dines (KOs but branded different) for my salad and I am going to counter the greasy takeout smell wafting through the office with the glorious scent of tinned fish

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

Update: eating dines outside because the pickiest eater on my team thinks I'm eating cat food

Fine I'll be dadly upon my lonely concrete throne; leave me be

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:hai:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

indyrenegade posted:

Update: eating dines outside because the pickiest eater on my team thinks I'm eating cat food

Fine I'll be dadly upon my lonely concrete throne; leave me be

That's harassment.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

At risk of becoming "that guy" crack open a jar of pickled eggs and see what happens.

Also get to HR before he does.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

Look Sir Droids posted:

That's harassment.

white-rear end meat n' potatoes small town canada can't handle dines

nevermind it's a local industry here, and our cultural food is lobster, shellfish etc

numberoneposter posted:

At risk of becoming "that guy" crack open a jar of pickled eggs and see what happens.

someone ship me one of those big jars of dines and I will risk getting fired over eating them out of the jar with a fork with my feet up on my desk

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Woot.com has sardines as their gourmet sale category today if you guys missed it

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I made fisherman's eggs for the first time last weekend because with the warm weather I could finally afford to stink up the house since I could open windows and it was delicious. I did add a little lime juice and balsamic vinegar to cut the oil a bit after tasting the uncooked mash but I think it really ended up well. I had the leftovers today and it was still A++ would try again. My 6yo daughter also ate some and said 'it tastes better than it looks and smells' which is p accurate.

naem
May 29, 2011

These are real tasty FYI

The filets specifically. Under 2 bucks at my local grocery. Nice big firm fish slices with the skin still on. The mustard is mild and the dill is good, which is weird because I usually hate dill.

It's in soybean oil but has less saturated fat than ko tiny tots which doesn't seem right?

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

Not bad. Haven't seen mustard and dill; have only seen mustard ones.

Did have the lemon Bruns for lunch today (sitting outside again to avoid dirty looks [gently caress you Nancy I'm healthy as gently caress check these omega-3s]) and thought I could have done the same sauce but better at home.

Kinda finding Bruns dines in particular have an issue where the oil mixing with sauce tends to thin out and dull the flavor; still love em but I'm half tempted to make my own sauces to go with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
giant eagle i go to finally starting stocking KOs, thank god