Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fistful of hammers
Nov 11, 2011

Coyote Ugly posted:

I have never liked DJ sine they brought him onto the show in shop wars. I am not sure if it is the way they just edit him or not, but he seems like a massive dickhead all the time.

IIRC, DJ competed on Best Ink (the same season Teresa Sharpe was on it) and he seemed like an ok dude. Maybe it's all the editing/goading on from the producers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I like DJ. :shrug:

Also Roly should have gone home, that pinup was awful.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

fistful of hammers posted:

IIRC, DJ competed on Best Ink (the same season Teresa Sharpe was on it) and he seemed like an ok dude. Maybe it's all the editing/goading on from the producers?

It is quite possible that it is the way the producers are editing DJ. They have to create drama somehow for the show, even if a lot of that stuff we see is probably scripted in a way. I can still see him winning, DJ is quite talented.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
I’ve been Team DJ the whole season. Anthony seems like a cool guy too. Steve is a lovely coach. Even though I never liked Roly I feel like he might have done better if Steve wouldn’t have been constantly over his shoulder. That’s way too much pressure.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s was some reality show rear end narrative going on that episode. Very convenient that all the judges got into the finally when Riley made such a busted rear end pinup.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Deanna was robbed. Ink master hates women.

Also that guy on the latest Angels was hella bitter, holy cow.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

cis autodrag posted:

Deanna was robbed. Ink master hates women.

Absolutely. Her body of work was so much better than Jason and Roly's.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cis autodrag posted:

Also that guy on the latest Angels was hella bitter, holy cow.

It was so delicious when he was the first one eliminated :kheldragar:

It's kind've amazing that there's all these guys who assume that because they've been in the industry for 20 years they're automatically the best artist in the room. Sometimes 20 years of experience just means you're 20 years behind the times.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just ask Lil D. He had been tattooing since the dinosaurs roamed the earth and still could barely draw.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
In any field, there’s a difference between 20 years of experience and 1 year of experience repeated 20 times.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kind of assume most tattoers just do mostly premade stencils that has a little editing done to them. That’s why good ones are expensive.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Invalid Validation posted:

Just ask Lil D. He had been tattooing since the dinosaurs roamed the earth and still could barely draw.

I'm still aghast he made it as far as he did.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Josh's face just dropped as soon as Dave said that.

Never been a fan of these "the power is in your hands" deals to determine a finalist, but ultimately the judges are still picking who the best of the three is. Someone who might have placed #2 might place #3 instead.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Season 11 is Ink Master Grudge Match: Christian vs. Cleen, and premieres September 4th.

Not the first duo I think of when they mentioned a rivalry, but this will be Cleen's fourth appearance on the show. If he doesn't win this time, man.....

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
I knew it was going to be Cleen and Christian. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I was disappointed in the battle royale tattoo. I didn't think any of them were really that great. Juan and Josh were the right pick for final two since Roly only did heads. I leaned with Juan's more because I could make out what was going on while Josh had too much.

If I remember correctly from past seasons the finalist always did 2 pieces. One to get to final 2 and one more for the final. I much prefer that over just one piece to win it all.

Now the two head pieces that Anthony and DJ did were loving amazing. Would have picked Anthony cause he did two solid portraits on the dude's head!

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I’m happy with the way things went. It was a tough choice between DJ and Anthony and I would have been cool with either one winning.

I get Josh winning over Juan even though I didn’t think his tattoo was as legible. His proportions were more correct. I would have rather seen Juan win, but at least it didn’t go to Roly.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Say what you will about his cockiness, but Josh was consistently good throughout the season and managed to do things bigger and bolder than expectations. I think that's what gave him the edge.

It pretty much went as expected for both artists and coaches: Steve was at the bottom for doing solid, but typical work, Anthony busted out something unexpected that was done really well, but DJ manages something above and beyond going past the parameters of the challenge. Good season, hope next time is decent, because that confrontation between Cleen and Christian sounded pretty rehearsed.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Like I said before, Christian is a producer's wet dream.

I like Cleen well enough.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
I preferred Juan's legibility. Josh's eagle and snake were pretty hard to see. I assume Josh had the slight edge because of his overall work throughout the season (which was awesome). I think i liked Anthony's head as the best coach piece.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Josh's eagle head looked more like a parrot but I think he still earned the win. I was rooting for Anthony but I think DJ also earned the win. Steve's weird demon faces never look quite right to me, they're just not drawn that well.

bitchymcjones posted:

I get Josh winning over Juan even though I didn’t think his tattoo was as legible. His proportions were more correct. I would have rather seen Juan win, but at least it didn’t go to Roly.

I'm pretty sure that Roly only got in because the producers rigged the game so each coach would have one team member in the final so he never really had a chance of winning anyway.

bitchymcjones posted:

I knew it was going to be Cleen and Christian. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh

Ha ha ha, I also went "Uuuuggggghhhhhhh" out loud when they announced the names. :v:

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Juan was robbed! Josh’s tattoo looked like a giant mess to me.

I would have liked Anthony to win but I can’t deny DJ’s head tattoo was really cool.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I liked Juan’s more too, but Josh killed it most of the season so whatever. Notice how they didn’t do a grudge match between 3 people so they don’t have to rig it for everyone to get someone into the finale?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
As far as egomaniacs go Josh wasn't even that bad. It's just been a slog the last few weeks, since they edited his win as more of a foregone conclusion than an accomplishment.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Josh's eagle head looked more like a parrot but I think he still earned the win. I was rooting for Anthony but I think DJ also earned the win. Steve's weird demon faces never look quite right to me, they're just not drawn that well.

I'm pretty sure that Roly only got in because the producers rigged the game so each coach would have one team member in the final so he never really had a chance of winning anyway.

Ha ha ha, I also went "Uuuuggggghhhhhhh" out loud when they announced the names. :v:

Deanna should have been there instead of Roly

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I hated Josh's final tattoo but he was a solid artist through the season so I'm okay with it.
Goddamn I am sick of Cleen ugh.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well think about it this way one of them will win so they can ignore them going forward. It’s totally gonna be Cleen that’s gonna win.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I hope the twist in Cleen vs Christian is the loser from each team gets their fate put into their coach's hands and they do the losing tattoo over again, but good. Losing coach loses his losing player.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope the twist is they both win so they can quit bringing them back every other season.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
DJ stole the finale, all his tattoos were phenomenal, in another league. I feel like they had coaches tattooing so much because the actual contestants were lackluster.

Juan had the better Battle Royale tat, Josh's was one of his worst but it was pretty obvious he was going to win all season. Juan looked like he was wearing a borrowed suit.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

wormil posted:

DJ stole the finale, all his tattoos were phenomenal, in another league. I feel like they had coaches tattooing so much because the actual contestants were lackluster.

Juan had the better Battle Royale tat, Josh's was one of his worst but it was pretty obvious he was going to win all season. Juan looked like he was wearing a borrowed suit.

You know... You know a lot of Puerto Ricans recently lost everything they owned, right?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jit bull transpile posted:

You know... You know a lot of Puerto Ricans recently lost everything they owned, right?

Well I guess now they can add Ink Master to the list of things they've lost

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

So you're saying they flew him to LA but wouldn't buy him a suit after he lost literally everything he owned? Did Juan lose everything? Or are you just being a dick?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

wormil posted:

So you're saying they flew him to LA but wouldn't buy him a suit after he lost literally everything he owned? Did Juan lose everything? Or are you just being a dick?

Why would they buy him a suit? Its reality TV, not charity. I have no idea if he most anything but I'd not be surprised if he had to borrow a suit given the current situation in PR. Not sure where you're seeing dickishness in that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I think it's pretty much an Ink Master finale tradition for people to wear bad suits that look like they were bought at a Goodwill on the way to the gig. (See: everything Peck has ever worn in an IM finale)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I think it's pretty much an Ink Master finale tradition for people to wear bad suits that look like they were bought at a Goodwill on the way to the gig. (See: everything Peck has ever worn in an IM finale)

Peck dresses like my father in law. It's hilarious.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He's just so happy to be wearing a stupid terrible suit :allears:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

He's just so happy to be wearing a stupid terrible suit :allears:

It's the bare chest that really puts the cherry on top

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Why would they buy him a suit? Its reality TV, not charity. I have no idea if he most anything but I'd not be surprised if he had to borrow a suit given the current situation in PR. Not sure where you're seeing dickishness in that.

It's a job, he gets paid, the show is in LA, dude can buy or rent a jacket that fits. But I feel that if he showed up and said, 'I lost everything and have no clothes,' they would get him clothes. But I think he chose to wear that suit and they chose to let him, and it looked bad and I'm saying so.
:dealwithit:

And yeah, he still looked better than Peck. And Josh's finale tat was bad, Juan should have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
They still came off better than Cleen who always ends up looking like a criminal trying to dress up for a court hearing whenever he puts on a suit. :v: