Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
loving hell bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

Ok, turns out there's more to it than people bitching: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/fr...4df28b40063960c

Ah, something similar happened here - was originally the West End Showdown medal, and CUB kicked up a stink with the AFL and forced the medal presentation to stop being televised and recognised by the AFL. That only changed when the West End sponsorship deal ended, and it's gone sponsor free ever since.

CUB were always super annoyed that Football Park didn't sell their product, only selling Lion Nathan beers, not to mention all the ground signage that got on the telecasts, and they were rebuffed by the SANFL at every step.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 24, 2018

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That's not deliberate?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

That's not deliberate?

The umpires argument is that it came off the side of his boot, so it wasn't deliberate.

However if the ball travelled in the direction he actually tried to kick it, it almost certainly would have gone out deliberate.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Great pass from Petracca. Hopefully Richmond pick up an injury so Kent going down for the Dees evens things out

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
As an unbiased observer, this umpiring has been pretty biased and I actually feel sorry for the Demons for the first time in my life

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Of course the demons cough up a late goal then watch the difference in margin for the quarter get pissed away

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

The umpires argument is that it came off the side of his boot, so it wasn't deliberate.

However if the ball travelled in the direction he actually tried to kick it, it almost certainly would have gone out deliberate.

I reckon that chosing to kick off the ground, regardless of whether it's a good kick or not, when there's nothing but space between you and the boundary isn't a genuine attempt to keep it in.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Stretch has been bad

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lever has been good though

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
gg

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
wtf riewoldt

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I will never get sick of seeing Dusty fend off 2 blokes in a row.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Richmond are a pack of cheating cunts and Alex Rance is a less talented sauce merret with an umpiring department in his pocket

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

I will never get sick of seeing Dusty fend off 2 blokes in a row.

I agree I especially like when he does it to their throat and the umpires refuse to do anything because they’re a pack of spineless cunts

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

A lot of Demons players have been complete non-factors this game

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Yep, not making the finals this year.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
weak

e: as piss

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

It's not even a matter of form really, you've got to find 11 wins from 17 just to sneak into the bottom part of the 8.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Suck a dick Rance

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

My hot take is that the Melbourne Football Club are not good at football

alr
May 14, 2009
Apparently the first time the Tigers have finished top of the ladder after a round since '95. Before this round, that was a feat the Brisbane Bears had done more recently than the Tigers.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Goodwin is a poor coach, and trading 2 picks away for Lever is going to cost us

Also, Richmond fans are loving horrendous to sit near at the football. I thought I'd seen it all but good lord there were some morons in the AFL members tonight who had no idea about footy. Wish I was in the MCC, happy to take the stereotype.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

Also, Richmond fans are loving horrendous to sit near at the football. I thought I'd seen it all but good lord there were some morons in the AFL members tonight who had no idea about footy. Wish I was in the MCC, happy to take the stereotype.

I’ve had the flu for six days and today I was thankful

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i think viney's turnovers offset his toughness around the ball but i wish he was fit tonight so he could do this to dusty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPt6W_gJXg

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

snaeksikn posted:

i think viney's turnovers offset his toughness around the ball but i wish he was fit tonight so he could do this to dusty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPt6W_gJXg

The melbourne supporters in the comments calling that the "best tackle ever" is a testament to the softness of the club as a whole.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

did you expect something different?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Windmill Hut posted:

I swear a good 80% of Richmond fans are on the spectrum or something

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
can't wait to see two old foes battle it out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z8KM70pg0o

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

gabensraum posted:

can't wait to see two old foes battle it out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z8KM70pg0o

I love that sketch so much!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Peter Dutton is the biggest oval office in this country and should be flayed alive burned and loving drowned imho

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
This thread is so fun to read as a Richmond supporter. Go the loving tiges

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

teacup posted:

This thread is so fun to read as a Richmond supporter. Go the loving tiges
:confused:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

All the microwave melted plastic over the years has reassembled to form.... A BANDWAGON

There's no way reading "lol Richmond 9th" for the better part of a decade was 'fun.'

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tts&hl=en

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Diet Crack posted:

There's no way reading "lol Richmond 9th" for the better part of a decade was 'fun.'
Actually it was an oddly comforting staple of the Richmond mythos, inspiring disappointment and hope in equal measure, keeping TRUE fans from the brink of despair. Not that there weren't defeatist ship jumpers who are now scurrying back into the fold, but REAL Tiger fans absorbed no lessons, embraced blind optimism, and those who aren't dead have been blessed with the fruit of random success.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 25, 2018

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hoskin-Elliot looks like such a goober

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'd say that was a goal, never hit the post, never was touched.

e: lol Daniher you simpleton

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 25, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Can’t wait to lose to notes garbage idiots Essendon next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Geeze Stringer seems like a nice bloke. Hahaha