Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

Yeah Apo.

Presumably because Rin and Sak's (great-?)grandma is supposed to be an Edelfelt that eloped (that's where they got the gemcraft, IIRC).

Yeah and also the cause of the enmity between Luvia and Rin, they're distant cousins who practice the same kind of magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Rip Sakura on any family.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Randomzx posted:

The Edelfelts in the typical timeline really hates the Tohsakas
That's just more reason to take in Sakura, though. The Tohsaka poached one of theirs, so turnabout's fair play.

Endorph posted:

Yeah and also the cause of the enmity between Luvia and Rin, they're distant cousins who practice the same kind of magic.
Well that and they're a bit too similar to like each other. It's a Nasu staple. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Edelfelts have an unique sorcery trait that allow them to pass their mark down two successors, which is the main reason Tohsakas have to give up on Sakura in the first place.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Edelfelts have an unique sorcery trait that allow them to pass their mark down two successors, which is the main reason Tohsakas have to give up on Sakura in the first place.

Sakura doesn't have the sorcery trait, after all it its whole reason Sakura was given away in order to give her the protection of the heir magic crest

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Randomzx posted:

Sakura doesn't have the sorcery trait, after all it its whole reason Sakura was given away in order to give her the protection of the heir magic crest
Not to confuse with the magic potential from birth (she is equal to Rin), but family crest is hand-picked to who it get passed down.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sakura was sent away so that there wouldn't be any risk of her and Rin fighting over who got to inherit the family's secret magic recipe, or whatever it is they pass down.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So far I;m having a pretty relaxed experience in the event, but I'm a little worried. I've only just reached 50 missions completed, and the event lasts another week. How quickly can I empty the shop without apples when I unlock the EX missions?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
There's more than two weeks left in the event, time is not going to be an issue for anyone.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Gologle posted:

So far I;m having a pretty relaxed experience in the event, but I'm a little worried. I've only just reached 50 missions completed, and the event lasts another week. How quickly can I empty the shop without apples when I unlock the EX missions?

There are 2 weeks left :confused:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the event button says how many days are left, and it's way more than 7

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
So is this event the first instance in the NA version of a battle with special enemy mechanics? Specifically Zouken using command spells in the fight with Lancelot. I don't remember any in any of the previous events or the chapters up to America, but it's always possible I just killed the enemies before they did their thing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Dantes event gave every boss a skill unique to that particular encounter, if that applies.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Eventually with break bars and stuff they added permanent buffs to bosses for like challenge quests

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

NRVNQSR posted:

Specifically Zouken using command spells in the fight with Lancelot.

Wait, so does this mean he starts the fight with 3 consective rounds of NP or a full revive with full NP?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Is the journey to the west event where all the Nightingale + LAlter fanart comes from? Peeking at it, the event CE outfits look pretty familiar.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AtheistMantis posted:

Wait, so does this mean he starts the fight with 3 consective rounds of NP or a full revive with full NP?

as far as I know he just gets an NP instant-charge, but it's way softer than usual

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Is the journey to the west event where all the Nightingale + LAlter fanart comes from? Peeking at it, the event CE outfits look pretty familiar.

yeah, they get put in the roles of a husband and wife from the myth, and mordred their kid.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Motto posted:

yeah, they get put in the roles of a husband and wife from the myth, and mordred their kid.

canon, imo

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Motto posted:

as far as I know he just gets an NP instant-charge, but it's way softer than usual

Not gonna lie, I about poo poo myself when that happened.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I missed out on the Command Spell shenanigans, but I also deleted Lancelot in one turn so.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

in terms of ships generated completely randomly but through official FGO content, it's only outranked by riyo banging his hands on the table and going "helena/altera is a thing now". plus mordred dealing with her dozens of dad variants is fun in general.

e:

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 25, 2018

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

So is this event the first instance in the NA version of a battle with special enemy mechanics? Specifically Zouken using command spells in the fight with Lancelot. I don't remember any in any of the previous events or the chapters up to America, but it's always possible I just killed the enemies before they did their thing.

There was something in the Valentine event like this and pretty sure there were other fights with different skills.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Not to confuse with the magic potential from birth (she is equal to Rin), but family crest is hand-picked to who it get passed down.

Sorcery traits are not like Magic Crests. They are innate part of the mage and somewhat like the origin.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

:toot:

He's going to be stuck at level 99 for a while, though. I vastly underestimated the amount of exp needed to get to 100.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Can people switch to real supports soon, I think we're at a point where everyone has or will have all the Rightful Place from the shop.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

I purged all non-goons from my friend list. Get my support in you, and feel the love of MARIE

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I forgot you need to get Irisviel to 2nd Ascension and used all my event embers :negative:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i made sure to ascend iri to 4th ascension

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Same, and those are some pointy nipples.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i've got like 30 friend slots open too so if you want a buff jalter or bryn i'm your girl.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Traveller posted:

Same, and those are some pointy nipples.

You have to understand that she is SUPER loving pumped to be in battle for the fate of humanity.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why no goons with iskandar? :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

why no goons with iskandar? :(

your good friend sisselyn has him at full grail and 10/10/10

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I'd love to add more goons to my friend list, but I have 62 friend slots, and all of them are being used by people who have played in the last 24 hours. I just don't want to purge anyone who is playing this game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

not blowing any minds here, but drat, stacking arts buffs can really make an NP gauge go :stare:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Vengarr posted:

I forgot you need to get Irisviel to 2nd Ascension and used all my event embers :negative:

The event is lenient enough that you should have plenty of time to farm some up from daily hands, but still, whoops.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Motto posted:

not blowing any minds here, but drat, stacking arts buffs can really make an NP gauge go :stare:

I don't often use Arts teams but seriously thats the best part. NP spam is so good

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'd love to add more goons to my friend list, but I have 62 friend slots, and all of them are being used by people who have played in the last 24 hours. I just don't want to purge anyone who is playing this game.

You might want to check whether their master level is actually going up; some of them may be people who are just hitting the server every day for the login rewards.

Friend list management is just really hard, though, especially since I started giving low-level players priority. It would obviously be nice if the limit were two or three times the size it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Traveller posted:

Man, I want that new Evil Cat animation. Two years, though.

Animation updates seem to come down faster then the others thankfully. I'm pretty sure Medusa and Medea didn't get theirs until some point in part 1.5 in JP? But we have them now.