Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
e: this thread was originally about Ye and Kids See Ghosts; it's now about Yandhi and Good rear end Job.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
7 songs is either an EP or a lot of self indulgent bullshit

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Walrus posted:

It’s the latter.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

It’s the latter.

The Walrus posted:

Kanye West’s The King of Limbs

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/988123223974858753?s=21
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/988125325165920256?s=21

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I might listen to them six months after they release when he finally stops loving around with them.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Molestationary Store posted:

I might listen to them six months after they release when he finally stops loving around with them.

Nah dude, you want to get them BEFORE he starts messing around with them.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Oh no is he going to do the Tidal BS again :( Is Tidal still a thing. God I hope not. Just be on Spotify please

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
gently caress this dude.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

thrilla in vanilla posted:

gently caress this dude.

I feel conflicted. He’s the first person that has come out with lovely opinions, that I still want to hear his new music, and enjoy his old music. On the other hand, his ideas right now (the alt right bullshit) are vile though.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

LionArcher posted:

I feel conflicted. He’s the first person that has come out with lovely opinions, that I still want to hear his new music, and enjoy his old music. On the other hand, his ideas right now (the alt right bullshit) are vile though.

It's the sound of a man who is deeply in swings of manic depressive.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'll believe any of it when it happens.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

thrilla in vanilla posted:

gently caress this dude.
idk, gently caress the alt right and all but Kanye doesn't seem malicious, just hopelessly naive and endlessly foolish. he's been poo poo on for expressing himself for almost 20 years now, so when he sees people expressing views and being poo poo on for it, no matter how terrible those views are, he'll empathize with that feeling. it's stupid and lovely but he isn't coming from a place of malice so I can't really feel too much about it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Its easier for me to say gently caress him because his last two albums were booty but I can't get behind the dude who wrote crack music or jesus walks or new slaves supporting donald trump. Regardless of why he's doing so. Hope pusha t's album is good tho

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I still have TLOP v1.0 on my phone. gently caress whatever the latest version of it is. Sometimes I gently caress up and accidentally listen to it on Spotify which has the newest version and it just sounds wrong.

There was nothing wrong with 1.0

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I still have TLOP v1.0 on my phone. gently caress whatever the latest version of it is. Sometimes I gently caress up and accidentally listen to it on Spotify which has the newest version and it just sounds wrong.

There was nothing wrong with 1.0

What are the main differences? I’ve never listened to TLOP but I thought the changes were minor. They actually affect the quality?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boywhiz88 posted:

What are the main differences? I’ve never listened to TLOP but I thought the changes were minor. They actually affect the quality?
Well like new arrangements and the production quality is "better" so it sounds cleaner and stuff. For example, the 1.0 version of Wolves doesn't have Sia's part and Frank's Track on the later versions was just a part of Wolves in 1.0. Sia's part loving sucks and drags that song down.

I've listened to 1.0 so many times that I can pretty much whistle every note of the drat thing by heart, and when I accidentally listen to the newer version, I try to whistle along and I get it wrong because poo poo's in a different order on some tracks.

Also Fade was the original album closer and it worked so loving well because it was so weird and such a surprise after the rest of the album. It was this bizarrely cool note to leave off on. Now Saint Pablo is the closer, and...just nah. It doesn't work as well. That song doesn't even sound like it belongs on TLOP. It sounds like an older Kanye track, like some poo poo that should be on College Dropout or Late Registration.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 25, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think Chance’s Ultralight Beam verse was better before that “no-one can judge” bit was awkwardly added in

I prefer never Wolves though

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
"Saint Pablo" is by faaaaaar the best track on TLOP. What does it matter if it doesn't sound like the rest of it (not even sure I agree with that part of the comment, fits in fine to me with the "30 Hours"/"No More Parties in LA"/ "Real Friends" trio)

Also, haven't been keeping up with his socials/personal life, what's the alt-right stuff people are associating him with? (other than Trump)

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 25, 2018

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
this is going to be his most decisive album. it's going to be yeezus 2.0

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Reading his tweets today I can’t even be mad at his trump support. I mean, he’s clearly wrong and manic depressive, but I can’t hate on his outlook. I just hope the album is filled with bangers.

Also, whoever was saying they prefer Wolves 1.0, without Sia, they’re wrong. Both the fact that she makes the song better, and the fact she was originally on it, then he removed her the day he put out the album, then added her back. Just saying.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/989222392630202368

whoops

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I am not surprised he identifies with the complete narcissist. But I am annoyed.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
DONT WORRY GUYS ITS COOL

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/989192498307219456

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
He got his MAGA hat signed holy poo poo.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

god can you imagine how much worse he would be right now if it weren't for Kim? I never thought I'd say this but thank god for Kim Kardashian.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Kanye West is our generation’s Brian Wilson: musical genius/insane person.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/beyzanurapaydin/status/989234135553200128

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DC Murderverse posted:

god can you imagine how much worse he would be right now if it weren't for Kim? I never thought I'd say this but thank god for Kim Kardashian.
She's like whoever edited The Room. As bad as The Room is, the original script had the main character literally being a vampire and it also had a character named Old Man Donkey. The Room was actually somewhat tame compared to what it could have been.

Kim K is the filter stopping Ye from being even more insane.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSuregWhlWk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
See, before I let you go
One last thing I need to let you know
You ain't never seen nothing crazier than
This nigga when he off his Lexapro
Remember that last time in Mexico?
Remember that last time, the episode?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Edward Mass posted:

Kanye West is our generation’s Brian Wilson: musical genius/insane person.

Lid posted:

See, before I let you go
One last thing I need to let you know
You ain't never seen nothing crazier than
This nigga when he off his Lexapro
Remember that last time in Mexico?
Remember that last time, the episode?

Yup, these two pretty much sum up what’s going on with him.

As for the Trump thing: Kanye doesn’t like his politics, Kanye empathizes with him because, well, they’re actually very similar. They both think they’re genius businessmen even though they’re incredibly ignorant about pretty much everything and their actual business acumen is questionable at best. They both say exactly what’s on their minds at all times, and have made entire careers off of being controversial.

Of course, there’s one major difference: Kanye is actually legitimately talented at music production. He’s one of the best rap producers of all time to this day, even TLoP has amazing beats. Trump isn’t good at anything besides self-promotion, he got where he is because of his inheritance and skin color. If Kanye realized that, he probably wouldn’t be taking photos in a MAGA cap... but he’s quite obviously off his meds and in the middle of a manic episode, so expecting logical and reasonable thought out of him is a big ask right now.

I hope his kids (and I can’t believe I’m about to type this) and Kim are doing ok during this episode.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
We still love Kanye.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Telephones posted:

We still love Kanye.
Just not like Kanye loves Kanye.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just not like Kanye loves Kanye.

I miss the old Kanye 😢

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Are we at the point where New Kanye is Old Kanye because New Kanye started 8 years ago at this point and by TLoP it was peetering out? Old New Kanye?

3peat
May 6, 2010

Telephones posted:

We still love Kanye.

nah I'm out

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it’s weird that there are still people who don’t realise kanye is an idiot savant rather than a genius or deep thinker who then get shocked when poo poo like this happens

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
kanye is on a superior intellectual plane you could only every dream of reaching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

it’s weird that there are still people who don’t realise kanye is an idiot savant rather than a genius or deep thinker who then get shocked when poo poo like this happens

Yeah, that's been my reaction scrolling through Twitter, everyone's going nuts over this but... like, this is exactly what I'd expect him to do with an album coming out soon.

Speaking of the new album, I'm not at all optimistic about it, unless Kendrick is ghostwriting his bars like he did on No More Parties in LA.

• Locked thread