Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
These teams only getting 3 days rest after this is pretty brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
considering both clubs are so determined to hold onto the fixture they cant really blame anyone other than themselves

besides, with the way it shakes out theyll play both sides from last night anyway so it wont be lopsided from a recovery point of view

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
Been a rubbish game, give it to different teams next year.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I don't get why the Essendon leadership put up with Goddard carrying on like that. It's really not a good look.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
This is loving pathetic. This feels like Hird’s Bombers switching back and forth, scared to go up the middle and delivering shockingly to our forwards. Our midfield is a joke. You tag Zerret and who is going to step up? Hopefully we can look forward to Woosha saying we’ll learn a lot from this

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snoremac posted:

They want to keep playing anzac day so they can put up with it

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

monolithburger posted:

I don't get why the Essendon leadership put up with Goddard carrying on like that. It's really not a good look.

https://i.imgur.com/KAI18yZ.gifv

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Essendon getting spanked is great.

Collingwood doing the spanking is conflicing though.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

The pretzels are getting a whack tonight, for sure.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

remember when the saints were upset at losing goddard

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

remember when the saints were upset at losing goddard

I was more upset that we only got pick 13 for him cause the FA compo system is loving retarded. If we lose him the following year we get pick 4 instead.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

snoremac posted:

Boohoo they leave the state maybe twice a year

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

snoremac posted:

We play Melbourne and Richmond respectively so at least playing teams that only have 1 extra day break

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

That was such an awful game to attend. It’s the worst I’ve seen us in a long time. Far worse than the Bulldogs match. We have no depth and our midfield is a joke. It blows my mind that everyone was so hyped about Stringer, Saad, and Smith when none of them are the players we needed. We have an undersized midfield that just doesn’t stand up. Stringer, Smith and Saad are players you should be targeting for the cherry on top of a team already near complete.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
nobody should every fall into the trap of feeling sorry for collingwood or essendon about this game's timing, especially given how now they get to play melbourne or richmond the next round

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
essendon went out and died so we could have a day off and i will remember them

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Only really saw bits and pieces but Collingwood are so drat handball happy any sort of pressure team is going to obliterate them (like Richmond next week).

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

That was such an awful game to attend. It’s the worst I’ve seen us in a long time. Far worse than the Bulldogs match. We have no depth and our midfield is a joke. It blows my mind that everyone was so hyped about Stringer, Saad, and Smith when none of them are the players we needed. We have an undersized midfield that just doesn’t stand up. Stringer, Smith and Saad are players you should be targeting for the cherry on top of a team already near complete.

Those three should still add something and don’t really explain why we’ve gone backwards from last year. I hope Dylan Clarke comes in soon and is given a crack, he’s the only other inside mid on the list so if he can’t make the step up it’ll be a long season

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
France just kicked a goal to narrow the lead. 6.6 44 to 5.3 33 12 minutes into the second quarter.

https://www.facebook.com/AFL.Europe.Ltd/videos/1833866089967205/

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

drunkill posted:

France just kicked a goal to narrow the lead. 6.6 44 to 5.3 33 12 minutes into the second quarter.

https://www.facebook.com/AFL.Europe.Ltd/videos/1833866089967205/

Where did they manage to find a ground larger than the SCG in France?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well you see, 100 years ago to the day, the Germans blew the poo poo out of that town and occupied it and then 2500 odd Australians died retaking it in the morning, Victoria donated a bunch of money to the town to help it rebuild after the war and the town donated a bunch of money to Victoria after the black Saturday fires.

I guess there was enough blown up houses to make a soccer pitch which is where todays match is being played.

FRA 46 AUS 55 9 minutes into the third.

This is better than AFLX.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 25, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Torp from the kick out!

Quality last line smother too

e: Levi Casboult playing full forward for Australia?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 25, 2018

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Full time: Australia 84 France 67

Also, lol

https://streamable.com/32pl5

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Lol Simon goodwins response to that farce was “hey it wasn’t as bad as last week” Simon badloss imo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lol Simon goodwins response to that farce was “hey it wasn’t as bad as last week” Simon badloss imo

Just following in the Melbourne coaching tradition since Neale Daniher

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

loving :lol:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Here is the rest of it

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
There's just something about how he slowly slides into frame, outstretched finger first that kills me, haha.

Wonder what he was arguing with Daniher about? Probably the first time I've ever seen Daniher not look like he was enjoying himself!

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 26, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
An infected loving dog bite????? Really? For fucks sake

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cmndstab posted:

There's just something about how he slowly slides into frame, outstretched finger first that kills me, haha.

Wonder what he was arguing with Daniher about? Probably the first time I've ever seen Daniher not look like he was enjoying himself!

I reckon Daniher is carrying a niggle or something because he’s looked completely out of sorts this season. His kicking is about the same as normal but at least last year he ran around a lot presenting a target which he hasn’t done much so far.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

An infected loving dog bite????? Really? For fucks sake

Lol

Probably split his hand open belting some oval office at a club

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Knowing Petracca he probably got injured turning out for a mates basketball team

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I can think of worse ways for a professional sportsman to miss games after an interaction with a dog. Just be grateful this isn't the NRL.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
In non dog related news: Hamish Hartlett did an ACL at training.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

In non dog related news: Hamish Hartlett did an ACL at training.

Josh Begley has a confirmed ACL too, that Anzac game can get hosed

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

drunkill posted:

Here is the rest of it
I remember after the 2010 (?) grand final draw thinking he was so reasonable and composed next to Nick Maxwell’s whining.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

snoremac posted:

I remember after the 2010 (?) grand final draw thinking he was so reasonable and composed next to Nick Maxwell’s whining.

The rematch loss would have been worth it to see Goddard go literally insane on the field and start fighting (collingwood) cunts left right and centre.

Finishes off the 22 and then starts on the supporters.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Goddard is a giant baby, but I can’t really fault him for going off at team mates. At least he showed that getting smashed meant something to him. There were far too many players out there that seemingly didn’t care and had no guts. Whether yelling at them is the right thing or not I don’t know. But Goddard played a pretty good game so it wasn’t like he wasn’t in a position to point at others for not being on the same level. He was demanding more of his team mates who honestly should have more demanded of them.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

The rematch loss would have been worth it to see Goddard go literally insane on the field and start fighting (collingwood) cunts left right and centre.

Wasn't it Lenny who took a swing at someone (I wanna say Swan) in the replay? (My memory is hazy for good reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

monolithburger posted:

Wasn't it Lenny who took a swing at someone (I wanna say Swan) in the replay? (My memory is hazy for good reason)

Was Didak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzcOhg-gtSg
Looks like he was getting tagged and boiled over. Didak looks ready to swing a punch there as well.