Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hey LogicNinja, real quick:

LogicNinja posted:

Paying 1 keep at the start of the session; down to 2. (I never did get my part of the payment from Pentaviso!)

Katarin actually gave you coins worth 1-keep when you arrived at the gates of Broken Tooth (link to the relevant post). Obviously if you think Pentaviso owes you something that's between you and him, but you were paid for the travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I made a header for Mistral, but I couldn't get a good color for it that was also distinct from everyone else's, so I ended up redoing colors overall.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I made a header for Mistral, but I couldn't get a good color for it that was also distinct from everyone else's, so I ended up redoing colors overall.

yee

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

You are extremely good

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

quiggy posted:

Hey LogicNinja, real quick:

Katarin actually gave you coins worth 1-keep when you arrived at the gates of Broken Tooth (link to the relevant post). Obviously if you think Pentaviso owes you something that's between you and him, but you were paid for the travel.

Oh, yeah! Evens out with the 1-keep spent and puts me back at 3-keep.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I need to pay keep for both lifestyle and mount (+1 hungry). My crew has the trait "self-sufficient," which gives them the tag rich and says "[the group is] able to provide for itself by raiding and scavenging."

Two questions:
  • Do I even still have a mount that I need to feed?
  • How does the "rich" tag work into paying keep?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alehkhs posted:

I need to pay keep for both lifestyle and mount (+1 hungry). My crew has the trait "self-sufficient," which gives them the tag rich and says "[the group is] able to provide for itself by raiding and scavenging."

Two questions:
  • Do I even still have a mount that I need to feed?
  • How does the "rich" tag work into paying keep?

I think some of the mounts survived and were caught in Thrumvejr's spell, whether or not that includes your mount is up to you. As for the "rich" tag, here's the full text of that trait:

quote:

Your war-band’s self-sufficient, able to provide for itself by raiding and scavenging (tag: rich).

I'd be inclined to say that if you've been raiding and scavenging, you can forego the keep costs at the start of the session for both you and your mount. If that sounds fair to you, then I guess it depends on whether or not you think Tikorn did any raiding and scavenging between sessions. If you answer no, then pay your keep, if you answer yes, then I want details on what you got up to on your journey, either here or in the game thread.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Figuring out what I want to do in this situation. One of my weapons is a "thrown" range spell that affects an area--can I catch the dogs as well as their master before the dog coming at me gets too close? Is that a hard move?

Narratively, I picture Xie smashing the dog out of the air and back into its handler, which is basically how we worked out her thrown spell works.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LogicNinja posted:

Figuring out what I want to do in this situation. One of my weapons is a "thrown" range spell that affects an area--can I catch the dogs as well as their master before the dog coming at me gets too close? Is that a hard move?

Narratively, I picture Xie smashing the dog out of the air and back into its handler, which is basically how we worked out her thrown spell works.

The hard/soft dichotomy means nothing to the players, only to the MC when it comes to MC moves. Don't worry about that.

As for your spell, given that it has both the thrown and area tags, I'd imagine that it works a bit like a grenade. In this situation that'd be Act Under Fire (well, Go Into Danger in AW:FE parlance) so you can go ahead and use that roll from your last post like I said. I'd say that the area of effect includes both the dog and the handler, but not the other dog/handler pair or the woman in fine leather armor. You can narrate that however you want, just obviously the final effect of whether they live or die depends on the harm dealt.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

quiggy posted:

The hard/soft dichotomy means nothing to the players, only to the MC when it comes to MC moves. Don't worry about that.

As for your spell, given that it has both the thrown and area tags, I'd imagine that it works a bit like a grenade. In this situation that'd be Act Under Fire (well, Go Into Danger in AW:FE parlance) so you can go ahead and use that roll from your last post like I said.
I meant one of the player moves using Hard, sorry. Go into Danger works for me.

quote:

I'd say that the area of effect includes both the dog and the handler, but not the other dog/handler pair or the woman in fine leather armor. You can narrate that however you want, just obviously the final effect of whether they live or die depends on the harm dealt.
Makes sense. Time to be bold and foolish, I guess.

I assume dealing with these is acting on the answer to 'What should I be on the lookout for?' and receives the bonus from reading a situation?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LogicNinja posted:

I meant one of the player moves using Hard, sorry. Go into Danger works for me.

I misunderstood. Go Into Danger is roll+cool.

quote:

Makes sense. Time to be bold and foolish, I guess.

I assume dealing with these is acting on the answer to 'What should I be on the lookout for?' and receives the bonus from reading a situation?

Correct. To talk a little more directly about how the rules are interacting with this, the answer to "What should I be on the lookout for?" is "These war dogs that the raiding party have." Acting against them in any way that involves the dogs (either attacking the dogs directly or something else that directly interacts with the dogs) will carry a +1 forward for this scene.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Been a real busy couple of days. Post's up now, sorry for the delay.

Quiggy, let me know if that doesn't work for you, or is too magical in a way that steps on other playbooks, but I had a little epiphany on what to do here, and this seems to flow from the established-so-far fiction pretty neatly. (Also, I didn't want to kill a dog!) I'll change it if it doesn't make sense.

e: what happens when I roll a highlighted stat with a full XP track? Do I clear the track and start over (and bank the advance for end of session), or does it just stay full until end of session?

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 20, 2018

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LogicNinja posted:

Been a real busy couple of days. Post's up now, sorry for the delay.

Quiggy, let me know if that doesn't work for you, or is too magical in a way that steps on other playbooks, but I had a little epiphany on what to do here, and this seems to flow from the established-so-far fiction pretty neatly. (Also, I didn't want to kill a dog!) I'll change it if it doesn't make sense.

I think it's fine since you rolled 13, but I doubt it would work like that even on a mixed success. I also think that any sort mind-stuff only works on animals, not on humans or monsters. Sound fair?

quote:

e: what happens when I roll a highlighted stat with a full XP track? Do I clear the track and start over (and bank the advance for end of session), or does it just stay full until end of session?

The former. Clear the track, bank an advance for the end of the session, and then start marking new XP as normal on a fresh track.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

quiggy posted:

I think it's fine since you rolled 13, but I doubt it would work like that even on a mixed success. I also think that any sort mind-stuff only works on animals, not on humans or monsters. Sound fair?
Absolutely; Xie isn't a sorceress, and as cool as being able to Jedi Mind Trick people here and there would be, it's definitely the sort of thing that should be a move. We can even declare now that it only works on dogs, specifically. (And if I take a war-band as one of my advances, maybe it can be made up of dogs. I guess what I'm trying to say is I love dogs and they're good.)

quote:

The former. Clear the track, bank an advance for the end of the session, and then start marking new XP as normal on a fresh track.
Sweet! Will do.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Quiggy,

Sorry for the delay - currently out of town, but I'm supposed to be headed home by the weekend, so I'll get a game post in then.

Re: mounts, I'd say my crew and I don't currently have mounts, as the witch's barn was empty and I'm not sure we would have tracked them down. I also wouldn't have been ordering my men on my raiding, so I'll pay 1 Keep for the tent city.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alehkhs posted:

Quiggy,

Sorry for the delay - currently out of town, but I'm supposed to be headed home by the weekend, so I'll get a game post in then.

Re: mounts, I'd say my crew and I don't currently have mounts, as the witch's barn was empty and I'm not sure we would have tracked them down. I also wouldn't have been ordering my men on my raiding, so I'll pay 1 Keep for the tent city.

No problem, it took me a while to post at all anyway. And as far as the mounts I'm fine having some of them surviving with your crew, but if you'd rather kill them all off I'm not gonna complain :v:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Assuming some stuff about the outcome based on the rolls. Let me know if that doesn't work. Still getting the hang of what constitutes what action and how far to narrate based on the rolls.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

quiggy posted:

No problem, it took me a while to post at all anyway. And as far as the mounts I'm fine having some of them surviving with your crew, but if you'd rather kill them all off I'm not gonna complain :v:

Eh, I'll just have them (the horses) be dead for now I guess (really taking the "Undermounted" to the extreme!), and if I need some later we can scrounge some (as a note, currently looking for opportunities to earn some keep).

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 30, 2018

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alehkhs posted:

Eh, I'll just have them (the horses) be dead for now I guess (really taking the "Undermounted" to the extreme!), and if I need some later we can scrounge some (as a note, currently looking for opportunities to earn some keep).

Sounds good! New post hopefully coming soon but the ol' depression's been flaring up so we'll see what I'm able to do.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hey everyone, just wanted to apologize for the game slowing down so much. Been having a rough time of it lately, hoping to manage to push through just fine soon. That said there's a new post up :)

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

quiggy posted:

Hey everyone, just wanted to apologize for the game slowing down so much. Been having a rough time of it lately, hoping to manage to push through just fine soon. That said there's a new post up :)

Any objections to me pulling the same trick with the second dog, now that we've established it?

e: also, I know depression can be super rough. Hang in there and take care of yourself, hard as that can be.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 8, 2018

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quiggy posted:

<3

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

quiggy posted:

No worries!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Guys, I've been gone for a good couple of weeks, dealing with some illness and then the consequences of stuff piling up because of the illness. Lately I've been meaning to update all my games, but each day something new has gotten in the way and I figured I'd do it tomorrow. I'm back and updating now; hopefully we're all still around and ready to roll.

• Locked thread