Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't wait for the synthetically grown diamond market to crash diamond prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
Treating costco like a rental facility... slay the heretic

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

super sweet best pal posted:

I can't wait for the synthetically grown diamond market to crash diamond prices.

Moissanite, HPHT diamonds, etc. have been around years and the diamond market has still convinced huge swaths of women they need the "real thing."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

13Pandora13 posted:

Moissanite, HPHT diamonds, etc. have been around years and the diamond market has still convinced huge swaths of women they need the "real thing."

diamonds are dumb. oh wow the heat and pressure of the earths core made a shiny rock? pfft the gold in that ring was forged in a super nova billions of years ago, thats 100x more interesting than the stupid diamond.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Peachfart posted:

Do you know the number of the Costco Business Center in Lynnwood? I used to go there with my dad when I was a kid in the late 80's I think.

Hmm not sure on Lynwood. The Aurora Business Center nearby is #106 though. Lynnwood does have one of the last print and copy centers though. I only know that because my team has to support the janky old physical server there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In case anyone is interested

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

EAB posted:

These people are the worst. Is that the SC Costco?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

In case anyone is interested

lol "fancy yellow"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

EAB posted:

guillotine

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rutibex posted:

lol "fancy yellow"

Same poo poo as "chocolate" diamonds.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tangy yet delightful posted:

Same poo poo as "chocolate" diamonds.

they should call them "piss diamonds"

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
what does Costco do with used poo poo? I've never seen any on display. I'd totally be down to buy some used once recreational equipment for cheap.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

belt posted:

what does Costco do with used poo poo? I've never seen any on display. I'd totally be down to buy some used once recreational equipment for cheap.

Back to the manufacturer most likely.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
People who abuse the return policy should be returned to THEIR maker as well.

PBUC.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't think I've had to return anything to costco...

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The giant bags of Popcornopolis are back but regular tasty instead of super kettle corn edition

Eat em up hombres they're 3.50!!!

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

a hole-y ghost posted:

Bought a kitchen sink/faucet combo, found out the sprayer arm button was broken after everything was installed. We couldn't easily uninstall the whole thing to take it back so I took the broken nozzle back. The manager opened a brand new one, took out the nozzle and sent me in my way.

They have a drat fine return policy when you need it. I sure hope the completely fine sink isn't sitting in a landfill, just cause of a nozzle swap.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

I've only returned gifts/clothing.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I returned a vacuum that we used twice because it was a lovely vacuum, they took it back and marveled that I fit everything back in the box, full refund of course.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

My wife sometimes buys clothes in two different sizes for me when work keeps me from worshipping along side her. We then return the size that doesn't fit. Their jeans make good work pants since I tend to ruin jeans at work via acid or base.

Also, praise be! They brought back the frozen cooked chicken patties. Those are great for work lunch when I don't feel like cooking beforehand.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I decided I couldn't leave France without trying the food court croissant, so here it is in all it's glory. They run it through the pizza oven to bake the cheese on top.

Pretty tasty, but about 1/2 the food of the chicken strips + fries, while being the same price. And even at 2 euros the dog is still a better value.

You can also see the qr code they use on the cups. I scanned it with a barcode reader and it looked like some sort of base64 encoded binary. Probably possible to reverse engineer and print your own, but also way too goddamn much effort required when you can just buy another soda for $0.40 if you're that thirsty.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I returned a car seat from a car that had been in an accident and I got a full refund (which I used to buy another car seat, obviously). PBUC.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

Bought some shredded mexican cheese once that had a big mold ball right in the middle of the bag, the day I opened it, months before the expiration date.

It happens.

But for like $12, gotta do a return.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GORDON posted:

Bought some shredded mexican cheese once that had a big mold ball right in the middle of the bag, the day I opened it, months before the expiration date.

It happens.

But for like $12, gotta do a return.
hm. t hat's gnarly. I see that I have been more fortunate than others in receiving the bounty of Costco

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

a hole-y ghost posted:

Ive had to do two returns in the ~10 years ive had it as an adult.

One was ill fitting baby clothes. The other is in process: bought an ASUS ROG laptop and the right speaker is just busted as poo poo. Anything over 45% volume blows out the channel when the low end kicks in.

Took me longer than the 90 days so Costco Concierge is helping coordinate with ASUS for an RMA/repair.
Sucks i cant just exchange for a working model, but the sins of others affect us all.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I returned a car seat from a car that had been in an accident and I got a full refund (which I used to buy another car seat, obviously). PBUC.

We may need a full scale inquisition over this potential misuse of the hallowed laws!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

We may need a full scale inquisition over this potential misuse of the hallowed laws!

I was 100% clear with them that it had been in an accident and asked whether it would be acceptable for a return. Cut the straps and everything.

They were very friendly and helpful, and happily returned it.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I've returned clothes plenty of times because there are obviously no changing rooms. Occasionally there's bad/moldy/etc food particularly organic stuff. I returned wrong-size windshield wipers a few times.

Whew I feel better, that's like confession. PBUC.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I suppose I should say 5 PBUC's and eat a dog + refill or something.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Hypnolobster posted:

I've returned clothes plenty of times because there are obviously no changing rooms. Occasionally there's bad/moldy/etc food particularly organic stuff. I returned wrong-size windshield wipers a few times.

Yeah people look at you funny when you start trying on clothes on the floor. :/
I have returned Kielbasa with a wierd brown chunk, a lawnmower that blew an oil gasket after like 3 uses, numerous clothes, some really funky olives, and a laptop that I never opened. Prob some other little stuff also. Its is perfectly ok to return defective items within a certain time range. You are a full on douchebag if you abuse it though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hypnolobster posted:

Whew I feel better, that's like confession. PBUC.

All of this is perfectly fine.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Meydey posted:

Yeah people look at you funny when you start trying on clothes on the floor. :/
I have returned Kielbasa with a wierd brown chunk, a lawnmower that blew an oil gasket after like 3 uses, numerous clothes, some really funky olives, and a laptop that I never opened. Prob some other little stuff also. Its is perfectly ok to return defective items within a certain time range. You are a full on douchebag if you abuse it though.

Agreed, there is a big difference between returning a defective or unwanted product and returning a loving Christmas tree.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I returned something once but I can't remember what it was but it was something defective

mundane haircut
May 3, 2007

"I am a couch. I am a couch. I am a couch."
Ultra Carp
We use the return policy as a safe way of trying new products/brands which is probably half the point of it. One time we decided to give a new brand of long-life milk a try but it tasted like absolute butts (even more than other brands) so we returned it.

Also we bought the wrong kind of laundry powder once but thankfully Costco forgives us our mistakes!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I returned some jeans that I didn't end up liking.

My church stopped carrying the huge sacks of Turkey Jerky :negative:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i returned some sandles after my wife laughed at me

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

FCKGW posted:

good for her

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cursed images.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

FCKGW posted:

once you're married and have children you can do any fashion faux pas you want. sandals with socks? sure, go ahead.

I pull my cargo shorts up way high over my big belly, strap on a fanny pack and waddle around with crocs and socks. I've already procreated-- I can do whatever the gently caress I want now.