Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

lol /r/starcitizen is the third biggest shithole on reddit

They're even worse than dota2. :lol:

I got an avatar now? cool i guess.

also cat tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Slow_Moe posted:

also cat tax

10/10 would pet a lot

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

That's like winning bronze in the special olympics.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AbstractNapper posted:

I don't know. Even when Terminator was good, it still required some acting skills or at least some impressive physique (in Arnold's case in the first movie).

Just put her in a dark well or a forest with no lines and make another Ringu, Sandiman movie.

Sandi would be well-used in any film where her natural state as a living example of Uncanny Valley could be put to good use. Stepford Wives, anything with an android that's not quite functioning right, or just cast her as a sociopath. It's not that she can't be in a film, it's that she can't act. Make her play herself and it's fine.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sunswipe posted:

Sandi could be a successful actress if she just stuck to emotionless robot roles. As the next Terminator, she'd be terrifying.

Bit too much emotion required I think. But look for her in a breakout role of Terminator's Mom

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Good to see the gamer gate nerds still got it to.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Listen, and understand. That terminator's mom is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Drunk Theory posted:

Bit too much emotion required I think. But look for her in a breakout role of Terminator's Mom

Buddy of mine says that Sandi is actually a very prominent figure in Hollywood. Whenever a movie production needs a little drama by "revealing" that they had to cut content for time, budget, management, personal differences, etc, they have the one and only Sandi Gardiner step up to fill in the role.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

Sandi would be well-used in any film where her natural state as a living example of Uncanny Valley could be put to good use. Stepford Wives, anything with an android that's not quite functioning right, or just cast her as a sociopath. It's not that she can't be in a film, it's that she can't act. Make her play herself and it's fine.

An American Psycho-style film, where she's a wannabe actress murdering other actresses to get parts. Although maybe I shouldn't be giving Sandi ideas. If you hear of Meryl Streep mysteriously dying, we'll know what happened.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sunswipe posted:

An American Psycho-style film, where she's a wannabe actress murdering other actresses to get parts. Although maybe I shouldn't be giving Sandi ideas. If you hear of Meryl Streep mysteriously dying, we'll know what happened.

Ahh poo poo. Anyone know where Gillian Anderson has been recently.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drunk Theory posted:

Ahh poo poo. Anyone know where Gillian Anderson has been recently.

The X-files remake?

I may work on this one more because I'm not entirely happy with it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

A terminator in a KFC commercial would be cool.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao, this owns

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
YOU'RE A DEAD MAN, JACOB. YOU HEAR ME? A DEAD MAN!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Its still a scam, come downvote me, bro :smuggo:

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 2.4 2.6 3.0 3.1 is a scam

See, we still can :smug:

Edit: dammit Jobbo!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lol, just lol.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AlbieQuirky posted:

Lol, just lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMpibOMaHV8

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Which is hilarious cause it's their downvoting dissenting opinions that does it, not us brigading them or w/e they think happens.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Quarterly updates of space tumbleweeds sure convinced me

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

god of dad is amazing in every way

probably what I'd consider the first console exclusive this gen worth actually buying a console for

:wrong:

That was Horizon Zero Dawn, you bastard.

Hurry up and get Love Pledge finished.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
they actually deserved to be scammed. its incredible.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

I would bet that if those statistics were normalized for traffic volumes in each sub (ie # of threads per 1000 visitors) that sc would actually be at the top of that list.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Without the scammed, this thread would be nothing.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Without the scammed, this thread would be nothing.

Constant third party contact with Citizens has convinced me that I need to shill more on the basis that getting them to throw their money at this increases the chance that they might actually come out of this having learned something, hopefully without collateral damage to innocent civilians in their fiscal blast radius.

So, Fie, fie upon you faithless goons. You cannot understand that perfection is not perfect, Rome was not built in a day, and your lack of vision will condemn you to the wankpod of history.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wuxi posted:

Quarterly updates of space tumbleweeds sure convinced me

And CIG has only hit 2(?) quarterly "on time" since they announced monthly quarterly patches 3 2 years ago!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And CIG has only hit 2(?) quarterly "on time" since they announced monthly quarterly patches 3 2 years ago!

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, faithless heretic.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Hav posted:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Hav posted:

If you use procedurally generated eggs to make an omelette, will the omelette be procedural or hand crafted?

A question for the ages.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lol SC placing above games with hundred of thousands times more daily users than them on the most down vote happy subreddits

Def not a cult

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

That will be the faithful downvoting anything remotely critical.

Good work shillizens! Maybe in a few months you can get top place!

EDIT: And how come people are getting free avatars? No complaints though.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Krycek posted:

I would bet that if those statistics were normalized for traffic volumes in each sub (ie # of threads per 1000 visitors) that sc would actually be at the top of that list.

I took a quick look at the subscriber count in August 2016 (when that graphic was published) and it seems likely you're correct.
r/starcitizen had the lowest subscriber number out of all those subreddits, and particularly in comparison to r/politics and r/soccer.
That's not directly comparable to # of threads made in a year but I figure it's a close enough analogue.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNrdGx69pCo

it is trash.

Dont think clifford can accept the reality of SC being poo poo or anime being bad.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 25, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I feel strangely compelled to hop over there and point out that in fact I moderate both forums just to see if that guy's head actually explodes lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

To make an omelette, you must first procedurally generate the universe -Carl Roberts

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Fidelitious posted:

I took a quick look at the subscriber count in August 2016 (when that graphic was published) and it seems likely you're correct.
r/starcitizen had the lowest subscriber number out of all those subreddits, and particularly in comparison to r/politics and r/soccer.
That's not directly comparable to # of threads made in a year but I figure it's a close enough analogue.

You deserve an avatar but unfortunately your user name would drag into the grand vision of Chris Roberts. Ain't enough pixels to do it justice I'm afraid.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Agony Aunt posted:

That will be the faithful downvoting anything remotely critical.

Good work shillizens! Maybe in a few months you can get top place!

EDIT: And how come people are getting free avatars? No complaints though.

They aren't free. Someone is donating 10$ to Lowtax's tax fund for bone cancer.

That or the mods are having a laugh and committing credit card fraud, to which Derek Smart will be very mad about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

BeigeJacket posted:

Dear Americans,

Gun chat is very, very, very dull.

Let’s talk about our enormous American penises instead, because we all definitely have gigantic girthy freedom meats.

Even the women.