Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yardbomb posted:

Also these lame pricks are so pitiful at coming up with new material or arguments that they've STILL just gotta keep on with ~political correctness~ in the year of our lord 2018, even though that phrase hasn't been used in earnest in how loving long, pretty much because they have a choice of that or channer slang by this point, which is usually outright bigoted rather than "You know what I'm sayin" bigoted like the "PC GONE MAD :qq:" crap.

"PC" carries the implication of "everyone knows my lovely views are the truth" so that's why they keep using it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
also i've been ignoring any posts that consists of more than three paragraphs, and it feels good

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

New Movie Nights: Vulassic Park!

Also, I'm not suggesting you go and watch it, but dumbass Doug put up a review of Starship Troopers. Considering he doesn't know how satire works, I don't know what he's expecting out of a Verhoeven film.

Oh

My

God

Augus posted:

"PC" carries the implication of "everyone knows my lovely views are the truth" so that's why they keep using it

:yeah:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Miss Wallace posted:

Starship Troopers pales in comparison to the true satire of Vulassic Park. :colbert:

Does Vulassic Park have a propaganda music video by the Sky Marshall?

Extra Credits talks Wolfenstein.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

KayTee posted:

I had to drop out of this video (which I watched early on Amazon Prime BTW - just throwing that out there) near the end because I kinda want to experience the thing first hand, but also I don't have the time or the patience to pour into a 20+ year old hard-as-balls SNES JRPG.

Can anyone recommend a good video LP of this?

voiceofdog did a good stream of earthbound and mother 3, knows both games very well and does not skip much of anything. I've finished both games but liked his playthroughs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

none of them use the term correctly anyway. political correctness is saying "blue lives matter".

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Miss Wallace posted:

Starship Troopers pales in comparison to the true satire of Vulassic Park. :colbert:

True story: so much happened between 2.20 and 2.30 of this video that I actually had to pause it, get up and take a short walk around the room for a while before I was able to continue.

e: thanks Hemingway!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

KayTee posted:

I had to drop out of this video (which I watched early on Amazon Prime BTW - just throwing that out there) near the end because I kinda want to experience the thing first hand, but also I don't have the time or the patience to pour into a 20+ year old hard-as-balls SNES JRPG.

Can anyone recommend a good video LP of this?

I played Earthbound for the first time a few months ago, and it's not really that hard. The only issue is that it's kind of grindy whenever you reach a new area.

Tired Moritz posted:

also i've been ignoring any posts that consists of more than three paragraphs, and it feels good

TBH, this is a good way to read this thread, unless you're particularly interested in the derail du jour.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Alaois posted:

I'm glad we traded out botl with botl but whinier and with even less concrete beliefs

Now that BotL is gone, there's a competition for who can take his place.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

This is a very rude thread, and very cliquey

Sometimes I see people making fun of the attitudes you see on NeoGaf/ResetEra, and sometimes I wonder if this thread is what it's like to post on one of those sites.

EDIT: MovieBob on Venom movie:

Also, this because it's...interesting...

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Max Wilco posted:

EDIT: MovieBob on Venom movie:

Actually, they should go with the version of Venom that loves kids and not whatever the hell this is

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nonsense, we all know the only superhero for children is Black Cougar.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Roth posted:

Actually, they should go with the version of Venom that loves kids and not whatever the hell this is

Comic movies need to be more lighthearted not 100% super serious.

:discourse:

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

I love Cool Cat with all my heart. I can't wait for Cynthia Rothrock to team up with this legend.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I have the solution.

:D

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Roth posted:

I currently have less than zero interest in the Venom movie.

If they made Venom cute with kids, I would have about 120% interest.

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 25, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Incredibles 2 can't come out soon enough.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I worry that Cool Cat Stops a School Shooting will be in bad taste you guys. And Cool Cat is just the kind of lunatic earnest that I like.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arcsquad12 posted:

Incredibles 2 can't come out soon enough.

I legit can't wait to see if they double down on the Pro Randian Ubermensch theme.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MariusLecter posted:

I legit can't wait to see if they double down on the Pro Randian Ubermensch theme.

I doubt it. No spoilers, but my bookstore came out with a kids book telling the story of the film, and the Rand stuff doesn't seem really apparent just going by the plot beats. It seems more like its going to tackle more family issues, and a lot of the Rand stuff was associated with Buddy. New villain, new ideology, etc.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm worried that Incredibles 2 will really emphasize "NEW THINGS BAD". That's how I interpreted the trailer, and obviously you could assume that Incredible 2 will subvert that trope but I'm not holding my breath for the film.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

business hammocks posted:

I worry that Cool Cat Stops a School Shooting will be in bad taste you guys. And Cool Cat is just the kind of lunatic earnest that I like.

I'm pretty sure it'll just be "Cool Cat Finds a Gun" reedited again. I'm fairly certain the anti-bully one was new stuff edited together with the old short where the kids take a gun to school (some of the kids get noticeably younger and have different haircuts). It'd be pretty easy to shoot some stuff with Cynthia Rothrock or whoever and just use the short as is again. Since the kids are arrested, technically that could be called stopping a school shooting.

I mean it's still in poor taste to try and capitalize on that, but I'm not sure how offensive it'll be. Just sort of...pointless really, haha.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Look all I want from the new Venom movie is to have him fight Carnage INSIDE THE INTERNET

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/venom-carnage-unleashed-4/4000-78414/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DoubleCakes posted:

I'm worried that Incredibles 2 will really emphasize "NEW THINGS BAD". That's how I interpreted the trailer, and obviously you could assume that Incredible 2 will subvert that trope but I'm not holding my breath for the film.

People also assumed that Cars 3 was about the dangers of evil millenials when in reality it was about making peace with growing old and giving the next generation a chance to shine. Jackson Storm was just a douchebags is all.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yardbomb posted:

Also these lame pricks are so pitiful at coming up with new material or arguments that they've STILL just gotta keep on with ~political correctness~ in the year of our lord 2018, even though that phrase hasn't been used in earnest in how loving long, pretty much because they have a choice of that or channer slang by this point, which is usually outright bigoted rather than "You know what I'm sayin" bigoted like the "PC GONE MAD :qq:" crap.
This farcical comic is very flattering to JonTron's gross as gently caress neck goatee.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Roth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvX9VillomY

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

business hammocks posted:

Psssh, how could Daddy "Unfair Use" Derek possibly do anything that a rational person wouldn't?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DoubleCakes posted:

The message I got from the trailers was "it's hard to adjust to new things but it's necessary and your kids should be more important to you than preserving the status quo" but idk

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Pixar has taught me never to pay any attention to the trailers, because they have poo poo all to do with the movie.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

If Toy Story 3's trailer was "Hey, wanna get violently sad and depressed about the death of your childhood?", it would have had a very different kind of audience.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Augus posted:

The message I got from the trailers was "it's hard to adjust to new things but it's necessary and your kids should be more important to you than preserving the status quo" but idk

yea I mainly got 'things change and that can suck but you're gonna have to pick between the status quo and what's best for your family' and BOY would it be a bold movie if a literal Disney movie went the 'actually, gently caress your family, kill your children' route!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ricdesi posted:

If Toy Story 3's trailer was "Hey, wanna get violently sad and depressed about the death of your childhood?", it would have had a very different kind of audience.

Fun fact: while my mom was freaking out about hoarding after watching Hoarders, I told her that I wanted her to donate my childhood favorite plush (a Winnie the Pooh stuffed bear) to Goodwill while going through my childhood stuff.

Like literally two days later I went to the movies with my siblings. To see Toy Story 3.

It was overall the worst mistake a teenager near college age could make.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Fun fact: while my mom was freaking out about hoarding after watching Hoarders, I told her that I wanted her to donate my childhood favorite plush (a Winnie the Pooh stuffed bear) to Goodwill while going through my childhood stuff.

Like literally two days later I went to the movies with my siblings. To see Toy Story 3.

It was overall the worst mistake a teenager near college age could make.

LOOK WHAT YOU SUBJECTED YOUR FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD TOOOOO

Likewise, I was just about to graduate college, and was ditching a lot of my old stuff because I needed to minimize what I had to drag around to wherever I was moving, and then I saw this and drat near had an anxiety attack.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Aside from Legos, the only toy I have from my childhood is a teddy bear I got from my great-grandmother when I was four days old. Also a tiger plush I stole from my sister cause it was adorable.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Augus posted:

someone should inform jontron that the simpsons hasn't been funny in like two decades
Unfortunately moviebob still thingks the Simpsons is funny. He does his whole appeal to "institution" and "unprecedented" thing all the time. Mister bob loves continuity and things that remind him of middle school too much to ever give up on it.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Say what you will about Night Mind, but he's helped promote Nyx Fears a lot. Her video style has improved a lot from what they were. I hope she eventually does some more critical essays on good movies again, since she watches movies that a lot of other youtubers won't touch.
Nightmind is actually really good about promoting his friends, Nyx just happens to be the most talented of that group. Also I can't really ever be mad at Night Mind for being wrong so often, because he always enjoys bad things so earnestly that it makes you wish the thing was as good for you as it is for him.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Nonsense, we all know the only superhero for children is Black Cougar.

That's a real funny way to spell Gamera, friend to all children.

Yes he counts.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Night Mind is occasionally dumb, does lovely skits, and has pretty low standards for horror stuff. Those are all his flaws that I know of and as far as I can tell beyond those he is a peach and I would love to see him get more popular. Dude's heart is exactly in the right place, for all that I bitch about his terrible theories.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Night mind covering bad stuff is eha ND his theories are cringe but when he actually covers something good it's nice.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Oh my gawd, Night Mind's skits are not that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Everyone knows that Night Mind's number 1 flaw is his soulless voice