Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Do you have to dress like a hipster moron to become a vulture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
I'm thinking that while the new FTWD has fresh faces and lots of potential, it also shows some early warning signs that *could* indicate that a lot of the stupidity and idiotic tropes that have made TWD a goddamn wasteland *could* revert this show back to its previously poo poo state, and it looks like others are conjecturing as such too.

And if we want to be pedantic about things, I sorta thought that leading zombies up a ramp into the back of a truck seemed problematic without some sort of chute to guide them up onto it in the first place. Like, wouldn't most just get hung up on the sides instead of walking neatly single file up along it?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

zeal posted:

are you just traumatized by how badly TWD has gone, or do you have legitimate issues with comprehending what you see and read?

friend, I believe it is you who cannot comprehend a joke?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Truant posted:

friend, I believe it is you who cannot comprehend a joke?

that's a yes to both then

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

zeal posted:

that's a yes to both then

:allears:

Satchel and Trunk posted:

And if we want to be pedantic about things, I sorta thought that leading zombies up a ramp into the back of a truck seemed problematic without some sort of chute to guide them up onto it in the first place. Like, wouldn't most just get hung up on the sides instead of walking neatly single file up along it?

it's also telling us that zombies like music more than people who're just kinda ambling around the truck, if only Milton were here to take notes :911:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

brocked posted:

Their plan is just making me laugh more the more I think about it. We're going to sit here and laugh at those suckers inside who are slowly starving to death and then we'll go in and take their crops wait what?

Slowly starving to death? Madison mentioned they’ve got 47 people living there. You know how long you can live off of a stadium’s worth of bags of peanuts and industrial sized cans of nacho cheese and jalapeños?!

Not to mention the beer! :v:

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

He's not barricading them in so they starve, he's not rounding up zombies to take down their walls, he's not even actually threatening them with an attack. All he's doing is waiting for them to fail, and when they do he'll take their stuff.

The implication is that the vultures actually sabotaged the crops in the diamond and they screwed up the valve near the tanks. These guys are not content to wait for their targets to die, they want to tilt the game in their favour.

As for Madison being 'nice', yeah of course she is, she's the boss. Saving a new survivour is fine, it doesn't endanger her group, in fact it makes the group like her even more. As soon as times get tough, see her throw away these niceties as she does 'what needs to be done' to save her leadership/family.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

I'm thinking that while the new FTWD has fresh faces and lots of potential, it also shows some early warning signs that *could* indicate that a lot of the stupidity and idiotic tropes that have made TWD a goddamn wasteland *could* revert this show back to its previously poo poo state, and it looks like others are conjecturing as such too.

Johnny Truant posted:

it's also telling us that zombies like music more than people who're just kinda ambling around the truck, if only Milton were here to take notes :911:
The whole point of the bike gag was to get the zombies coming after him and lining them up in tight single-file formation like cattle before going up the ramp.

Because that's how chill the Vultures are.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

The whole point of the bike gag was to get the zombies coming after him and lining them up in tight single-file formation like cattle before going up the ramp.

Because that's how chill the Vultures are.

touche, i thought there were a bunch of random wolves Vultures hanging around when that happened

my question still stands about the numbers on the flags and where they put those darn zombies, though!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a big fan of this new format of splitting shitposting into two threads, for maximum coverage.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I hope these vultures get the same treatment the terminus cannibals did.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Cactus posted:

I read somewhere that the vultures are only going to be around during the first half of the season (it's unknown if they will last the whole half though). I'm hoping that when they are taken out, it will be just as sudden and unexpected as Terminus.

Oh also the description for next week's episode is: "Madison and Morgan help Nick with his PTSD"

It's just Nick locked in a room with Morgan listening to him spewing random sentences for an hour and calling him Benjamin. He'll realize he's relatively fine after all.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Johnny Truant posted:

:circlefap:

except they have as many people (47?), a better defensible position, the lay of the land, the literal high ground...

wait... wait, are you... ARE YOU A WRITER FOR TWD?

hey look, someone who loving gets it

You don't know if they had as many people. Nothing about that situation would evoke "gently caress it, let's just start shooting". Especially after Mel lets Madison know they know exactly how many people and arms they have.

brocked posted:

Yeah, I was hoping she'd pull her gun and shoot him mid speech and she'd be covered by sniper/guard fire, make it inside, and then we'd see who's in the position of strength: the people inside a settlement who could grow their own food or the people outside in Winnebagoes who keep having to deal with all the zombies attracted by the noise of our ceaseless hammering

Except their food supply is weevil'd

brocked posted:

Their plan is just making me laugh more the more I think about it. We're going to sit here and laugh at those suckers inside who are slowly starving to death and then we'll go in and take their crops wait what?

:laffo:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

At least they haven't come up with a moronic post apoc language yet...

Cactus posted:

Well Morgan does have Carol's ninja powers so it is possible.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd love to see how Morgan helps Nicks with his PTSD.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

"Nick, my man, you just gotta CLEAR!"

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Rocksicles posted:

I'd love to see how Morgan helps Nicks with his PTSD.

He's gonna teach him Aikido and the art of raising goats.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

I read somewhere that the vultures are only going to be around during the first half of the season (it's unknown if they will last the whole half though). I'm hoping that when they are taken out, it will be just as sudden and unexpected as Terminus.

I really hope that it's Proctor John's group that does it.

Also I think they're trying to make such a point out of the characters finding redemption because like the vulture said, "you haven't been tested." I really do think it's going to go tumbling down and it'll be her fault, still. But we'll see.

My theory is the reason they are trying to track the Vultures is that Madison ended up joining them.

moist turtleneck posted:

I was really disappointed the bicycle guy didn't announce their leader Lord Humongous style. "The Ayatollah of rock 'n rolla!"

I'm definitely getting a Road Warrior inspiration vibe this season.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 25, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

what was this

is it part of the dam or something

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 25, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRDuapEw2M

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 25, 2018

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also I think they're trying to make such a point out of the characters finding redemption because like the vulture said, "you haven't been tested." I really do think it's going to go tumbling down and it'll be her fault, still. But we'll see.
I thought about it more after the episode and I now definitely think there's a reason they pushed the whole redemption thing so hard. At first I was just kind of like "unexpected, but alright, let's see where this goes," but as the episode went on the dialog was just pushing it really hard and I thought "wtf did they do to Madison, she wasn't even this selfless before the outbreak." But now I think or at least hope that they're just setting her up to snap, and a bunch of people are about to get hosed up.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

what was this

is it part of the dam or something

Yeah, apparently that affected Strand and he wants to remember so he never acts that way again. While part of me wants to see the Badass Operator Strand put on a suit and start regulating in the post apoc, another part of me is intetested in what kind of man he'll be if he lets all that go and is For The Group.

Kinda pisses me off that we lost 2 years of character development though.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just want the timelines to hurry up and converge and for it to move along. The last few seasons of the main show have made me weary of non-chronological storytelling.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Acacia REI posted:

He's gonna teach him Aikido and the art of raising goats.

Goats raise themselves. They are like the very definition of low maintenance.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Do you think the not-evil people in the parking lot would kill survivors if they offered to join

I can understand why Madison's group didn't shoot, but I don't see why a smaller group wouldn't shoot the homeless people when they start doing the equivalent of cleaning your windshield but with cleaning out zombies

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Season 3 episode 13 has a such a weird skip that I'm trying to figure out if Hulu hosed something up and cut out part of the ep. or what. Alicia is in the bunker as the walkers swarm the ranch, everyone has died and is coming back and she starts shooting them(did they suffocate? That whole scene was weird and I'm not sure what was going on. She was putting down people who were bitten and then everyone just died?). Ophelia and whats-his-face are trying to make it out through the ventilation shaft and are half way through, contemplating jumping down. Troy and Nick are stuck in a helicopter getting swarmed by walkers and they are debating who gets the last bullet in their gun to off himself with. Madison, Strand, and Walker are on their way back to deliver the water. Then it cuts to where I presume there was a commercial.

All of a sudden everyone I just mentioned is just sitting on a hill by the water truck fine and debating what to next because the ranch is destroyed and every is dead. What. the .gently caress.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

veni veni veni posted:

Season 3 episode 13 has a such a weird skip that I'm trying to figure out if Hulu hosed something up and cut out part of the ep. or what. Alicia is in the bunker as the walkers swarm the ranch, everyone has died and is coming back and she starts shooting them(did they suffocate? That whole scene was weird and I'm not sure what was going on. She was putting down people who were bitten and then everyone just died?). Ophelia and whats-his-face are trying to make it out through the ventilation shaft and are half way through, contemplating jumping down. Troy and Nick are stuck in a helicopter getting swarmed by walkers and they are debating who gets the last bullet in their gun to off himself with. Madison, Strand, and Walker are on their way back to deliver the water. Then it cuts to where I presume there was a commercial.

All of a sudden everyone I just mentioned is just sitting on a hill by the water truck fine and debating what to next because the ranch is destroyed and every is dead. What. the .gently caress.

Yeah, scene missing.

From memory Madison blows something up Troy and nick get out, Alicia with people that suffocated or were put down humanely, but not iki jime'd. She passed out, poo poo went sideways, many people killed.

Something something....etc etc.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I forgot about Alicia's magical breathing powers.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
they never should've gotten off the boat

should've sailed that thing straight to hawaii

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

yea, but madison only could have killed or hosed over so many people on the high seas

in mexico though? that was some straight manifest destiny poo poo and we're all richer for it

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

zeal posted:

Right? I'm sure they could've still found lives to ruin and ways to get ambushed by zombies on the high seas. Have some island adventures here and there, fight some more pirates... also I just really liked that boat.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The one thing I liked was when Strand found his boat again in S3, and how the zombies he encountered were dressed. One was in an evening dress. Did that group go ‘gently caress yeah, sexy party boat!’ before things went to Hell for them?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

That whole scene from beginning to end is definitely in my top 10 favorite moments in both shows, maybe top 5. And yeah I noticed that too, I know the Abigail was pretty well-stocked with booze so that's what I imagine happened as well

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

Motored

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

nah

madison with an eyepatch and pegleg: "raise the mainsail ye scurvy dogs"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

nah

madison with an eyepatch and pegleg: "raise the mainsail ye scurvy dogs"

Hey i'm all about sailboats. I would have stolen 70 foot steel ketch in a heartbeat.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Acacia REI posted:

That whole scene from beginning to end is definitely in my top 10 favorite moments in both shows, maybe top 5. And yeah I noticed that too, I know the Abigail was pretty well-stocked with booze so that's what I imagine happened as well

And Strand finds a bunch of empty bottles after he offs them all. I thought it was a cool bit too, because just from a few visual bits, you can piece together what happened to the Abigail after it got stolen.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just finished season 3. It was interesting to see one of the worst shows on TV turn into something pretty decent. Was sad to see Daniel made it. He's the only pile of poo poo OG character that didn't get killed or reinvented into something more interesting. Actually I guess Alicia is still a crap character but she's just boring as all hell. Fuckin hate Daniel though he sucks so much.

Troy got wrecked too soon. He deserved one more season/half season of crazy dude shenanigans.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Acacia REI posted:

Right? I'm sure they could've still found lives to ruin and ways to get ambushed by zombies on the high seas. Have some island adventures here and there, fight some more pirates... also I just really liked that boat.

Yeah I really liked the boat as well, I think it's the main reason I like S2 and gloss over the bad parts.

Yeah there's definitely some warning signs but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Should have had the inland waterways of the eastern US as a setting

• Locked thread