Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I’d been collecting coins steadily over the past week or so, aiming to buy the medium box for the cheap raid passes, and got enough to buy it today when I was out about to go for a run. My item box was full and I was in a rush to get home and make dinner so I figured I’d clean out my items later to make room for the box; and now I see the sale has ended. Quite irritating. I know there’s quite frequent special sales, any idea when the next is? Charmander community day? Do they always have 6/12/24 raid passes in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

I’d been collecting coins steadily over the past week or so, aiming to buy the medium box for the cheap raid passes, and got enough to buy it today when I was out about to go for a run. My item box was full and I was in a rush to get home and make dinner so I figured I’d clean out my items later to make room for the box; and now I see the sale has ended. Quite irritating. I know there’s quite frequent special sales, any idea when the next is? Charmander community day? Do they always have 6/12/24 raid passes in?

No. They vary on the focus. Sometimes it’s incubators, or incense/lures, or raid passes.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
They also do put out a warning now on the news page that the boxes are ending soon. Usually a day in advance.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Thanks to this event I can finally evlove a Wailmer buy I'm afraid to do it in case the next questline has that as an objective.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Well, son of a bitch. I caught a Ditto yesterday, and then later on that day is when I was actually able to start the Ditto quest.

Now every possibly-a-Ditto I come across is taunting me by not being a Ditto.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I have been blessed by a ridiculous purple whale that is now forever getting shoved in every gym I come across. Best Event

:v: YAAAAAAAY

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mission: Catch 3 Pidgey Or Murkrow.

Me: Should be easy. Pidgey spawn everywhere.

Pokémon GO: Nah, screw you. I'mma spawn Wailmers, Rhydons, and Digletts.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Kheldarn posted:

Mission: Catch 3 Pidgey Or Murkrow.

Me: Should be easy. Pidgey spawn everywhere.

Pokémon GO: Nah, screw you. I'mma spawn Wailmers, Rhydons, and Digletts.

earth day event until the 30th

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I got a shiny but I'm about 380 candy short to evolve :(

The good news about this is Wailmer is everywhere right now. I got 200 candies in little over an hour of playing, and that was with very selective Pinap use.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
On my bike ride home yesterday I ran into a 98% IV level 35 Rhyhorn that was at 1,555 CP. Evolved into a 3,058 Rhydon and I have enough candy for five Rhyperior already.

Event owns.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Louisgod posted:

On my bike ride home yesterday I ran into a 98% IV level 35 Rhyhorn that was at 1,555 CP. Evolved into a 3,058 Rhydon and I have enough candy for five Rhyperior already.

Event owns.

Do we know how much candy Rhyperior will cost? My guess was 400 since it's pretty strong.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

FrensaGeran posted:

Do we know how much candy Rhyperior will cost? My guess was 400 since it's pretty strong.

Big Pimp Honchkrow better cost 1,000 candies.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FrensaGeran posted:

I'm expecting it to be like Zubat, which was 50 candy to evolve in gen 1 and then got changed to 25/100 when Crobat came in in gen 2.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You'll also need an evolution item, so depending on how lucky you were to get the Gen 2 ones, try getting the new ones in an even larger pool!

You want me to post my large Gen 4 evolution list? I'll do it, don't tempt me.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Crosspeice posted:

You'll also need an evolution item, so depending on how lucky you were to get the Gen 2 ones, try getting the new ones in an even larger pool!

You want me to post my large Gen 4 evolution list? I'll do it, don't tempt me.

Do it!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Magmar -> Magmortar (Magmarizer)
Electabuzz -> Electivire (Electrizer)
Eevee -> Leafeon/Glaceon (Might need cold or warm location)
Tangela -> Tangrowth (Might need Ancient Power)
Rhydon -> Rhyperior (Protector)
Lickitung -> Lickilicky (Might need Rollout)
Magneton -> Magnezone (Might need a magnetic location)
Togetic -> Togekiss (Shiny Stone)
Yanma -> Yanmega (Might need Ancient Power)
Gligar -> Gliscor (Razor Fang + Night)
Murkrow -> Honchkrow (Dusk Stone)
Misdreavus -> Mismagius (Dusk Stone)
Sneasel -> Weavile (Razor Claw + Night)
Aipom -> Ambipom (Might need Double Hit)
Piloswine -> Mamoswine (Might need Ancient Power)
Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z (Dubious Disc)
Kirlia -> Gallade (Male + Dawn Stone)
Roselia -> Roserade (Shiny Stone)
Nosepass -> Probopass (Might need a magnetic location)
Dusclops -> Dusknoir (Reaper Cloth)
Snorunt -> Froslass (Female + Dawn Stone)

Hopefully they don't introduce all these new evolution items to clog up the pool even more and hopefully they don't translate the location or move related evolutions. Since they usually wait until much later to put in Pokemon with different evolutions (like Shedinja and Clamperl at the moment), it's probably gonna be a long while before we see any of these Pokemon.

We'll also have Burmy, which changes its appearance depending on where it last battled (either Plant, Sandy or Trash), which determines what Wormadam it'll evolve into if female, which determines what type it'll be, otherwise it'll become Mothim if male. We also have female Combee evolving into Vespiquen, with male ones doing nothing. Cherrim, which has a different form if its sunny out, shouldn't be difficult to implement, Shellos and Gastrodon, which will probably be split into East and West like other regionals like Zangoose/Seviper are. Then there's Rotom, which has five different forms and typing depending on which machine it enters into. Those might be Raid Bosses? Also better hope you catch all the Regis, or Regigigas might become unavailable to you. There's also Manaphy, which is usually obtained as an Egg from the Ranger games, with Phione being its offspring if bred with a Ditto. I wonder how they'll implement that, or just ignore it like they've done Mew and Celebi. Still lots to think about for Gen 4, so it might still be a ways off.

And of course, we'll have new babies in Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu and Mantyke.

One person asking for it is all I need.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

FrensaGeran posted:

No clue, I'd guess 100 based on what Niantic has done prior but it's going to suck if you need an item to evolve.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Louisgod posted:

No clue, I'd guess 100 based on what Niantic has done prior but it's going to suck if you need an item to evolve.

They might pull a Feebas and make a new milestone, Rhydon must win X number of battles in gyms before it can evolve or something

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Your Rhydon must be autoselected as your opener pokemon in X raids, despite not being type-effective or weather-boosted, and even though you never bother healing it up for exactly this reason

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Just randomly decided to open up Go while at home, cool stuff is spawning, might as well.

Second Wailmer I clicked on was shiny. My first non-CD one too.

Too bad I evolved a Wailmer just before the event.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Zapdos coming for Research gifts in May.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Edward Mass posted:

Zapdos coming for Research gifts in May.

Oh gee how exciting... NOT

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kensei posted:

Oh gee how exciting... NOT

The takes are hot and fresh in this thread.

As someone that just can't get out to raid at all, I'm very happy there's another way to get those legendary 'dex entries.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Zapdos is definitely replacing Moltres, right? I don't have to go without sleep to get Mew before then, right?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Beachcomber posted:

Zapdos is definitely replacing Moltres, right? I don't have to go without sleep to get Mew before then, right?

mew is special research, zapdos is replacing moltres in field research and will come with a changeup in those small quests

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DizzyBum posted:

As someone that just can't get out to raid at all, I'm very happy there's another way to get those legendary 'dex entries.

I get that, and I'm happy for you that you get to go after something you missed; however, I get the idea that a lot of people might prefer something like regional exclusives that were not previously available here in North America,.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

I get that, and I'm happy for you that you get to go after something you missed; however, I get the idea that a lot of people might prefer something like regional exclusives that were not previously available here in North America,.

I seriously hope that's one of the professors research quest in the future. Because otherwise I get the idea once we go through the birds there's going to be the dogs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

kensei posted:

did you realistically expect being able to pull a Mr. Mime or whatever out of a field research?

I mean sure I'd love to get dex completion based on my ability to spin 10 pokestops a day or make 3 great throws, but uh...I don't think so

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Psion posted:

did you realistically expect being able to pull a Mr. Mime or whatever out of a field research?

I mean sure I'd love to get dex completion based on my ability to spin 10 pokestops a day or make 3 great throws, but uh...I don't think so

Yeah, I would think they might do it eventually, either that or trading!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

kensei posted:

Special research - yeah, sure. Field? Hah. I'll believe it when I see it.

either that or you're just quoting silphroad posts on me!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

DizzyBum posted:

:same:

Wife and I only get to raid super rarely so we're extremely jazzed about the chance to get one of the legends we missed (spoiler: that's most of 'em) each month.

Yea, sure, ending up with ~3 of each is a little silly, but as I think I or others posted upthread, I'm happy to see a system aimed at casual/infrequent players so I don't mind.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Neat, we should be able to get a fair few stamps towards the research and then cash in for Zapdos on the day. Research is good cause I wouldn't be able to get these legends otherwise.

It also seems to be following the same calender as raids, so you can get more Legendary Pokemon through different means, which is a-ok in my book, cause raids are meh, since the battle system is meh.

kensei posted:

Since trading might happen sometime in the next decade, I think getting them from field, or even special, research is quite likely.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

kensei posted:

Trading, ha! You should do stand up with those jokes!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I wish they would be explicit about what happens when you complete a breakthrough after 1 May.

Can you save stamps and get Zapdos straight away?
If you have stamps from April will you get Moltres?
Or will they wipe progress?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
a thing I don't have sound pretty awesome for a player that's p casual.

also is there an emote that's like a combo think face and monocle pop for whenever edge case players aren't catered to? i feel like this is super important

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I might be alone in feeling this but I don't think trading is a good idea since I can't think of a way to implement it that isn't game breaking.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
I hope they don't put in direct trading, as in just straight up moving pokemon to a different account.

They could have indirect trading through breeding, where two players pair off their prize catches and each get a new egg out of the deal.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

seiferguy posted:

I might be alone in feeling this but I don't think trading is a good idea since I can't think of a way to implement it that isn't game breaking.

i would be surprised if they ever did. aside from the balance shifting it would cause i really dont think niantic/nintendo is ever going to allow direct player to player engagement in a game geared towards kids. i sure as poo poo dont want my kid meeting WeedLordHitlerBoner420 in a park at 10PM to trade pokemon

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Maybe with passes similar to the raiding system? You can trade Pokemon once a day?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Maybe just something like the GTS, where you put something up and request something in exchange?

Also I got my purple whale today :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think there'll definitely be face-to-face mechanics eventually, but trading will probably arrive first and it'll be in the form of the GTS and mystery trades first

there's definitely a bunch of pokemon I'd be fine with shooting out into the universe instead of dusting them for candy I'm not ever going to use

• Locked thread