Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic Adventure 1 - It Doesn't Matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so I'm using Sonic and Knuckles in a Fire Pro Wrestling stream I'm doing tonight

Knuckles' entrance music is really really obvious, it basically has to be this

what should I use for Sonic's, though? I'm kind of torn between Sonic Boom, Live & Learn, Open Your Heart, His World, or just using the Tee Lopes version of Green Hill Zone

e: seriously leaning towards Live & Learn because that song fuckin rules and kicks in fast enough that I wouldn't have to edit anything

There's only one real choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXmonb23VUU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so I'm using Sonic and Knuckles in a Fire Pro Wrestling stream I'm doing tonight

what should I use for Sonic's, though? I'm kind of torn between Sonic Boom, Live & Learn, Open Your Heart, His World, or just using the Tee Lopes version of Green Hill Zone

e: seriously leaning towards Live & Learn because that song fuckin rules and kicks in fast enough that I wouldn't have to edit anything

why.... why dont you just use the unaltered version of uknown from me

do you not respect knuckles

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aaron Webber crushing your hopes and dreams.

https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/989236632971755520

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

why.... why dont you just use the unaltered version of uknown from me

do you not respect knuckles

because the altered version is loving hilarious?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

because the altered version is loving hilarious?

:agreed:

Knuckles from KNUCKLES & Knuckles has a permanent spot in my playlist.

Cleanse yourself.
No.

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

As a Wrestle-fan I like Live & Learn for having a really clear pop for the entrance; With some editing like adding a verbal "Open your heart" to open it could work. Those are both really good Buttrock themes for sonic. Depends on your entrance though, Sonic Boom and Reach For the Stars are way more high energy babyface themes.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I mean, if you're gonna do "Live & Learn", you've obviously gotta do the best version of it.

Or maybe "Open Your Heart"?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Knight of the Wind and Fist Bump could both work as well, strong openings for both.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
His World by Zebrahead might need a bit of editing but it should work well for a wrestling opening theme.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MAKE BELIEVE REBORN
MAKE BELIEVE REBORN

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Sockser posted:

MAKE BELIEVE REBORN
MAKE BELIEVE REBORN

Only if you mod it to play in all the in-game menus too

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I barely played Secret Rings and couldn't understand the mission progression at all and that still burned itself into my head.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Knight of the Wi-- oh sorry, wrestling not HEMA.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sockser posted:

MAKE BELIEVE REBORN
MAKE BELIEVE REBORN

Just the first five seconds on a loop.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I know you guys are going to think I'm kidding but...

I bought Sonic Day 1, I've found 1 Chaos Emerald and have been stuck in Oil Ocean since a week after I bought it, everyday I give it a go but I have never beaten the Oil Ocean Octopod.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

I bought Sonic Day 1, I've found 1 Chaos Emerald and have been stuck in Oil Ocean since a week after I bought it, everyday I give it a go but I have never beaten the Oil Ocean Octopod.

Ok, just listen
Stand on a platform and stay there. He'll shoot some lasers. Jump over them.
When the tentacles come up, don't attack the boss's head. Right before the platforms get pulled down, jump and bop the tentacle nearest to you. Land in the oil then move out of the way of the bullets, bop the tentacle some more as it comes back down. Be ready to immediately jump to another platform to dodge the tail. Repeat this until both tentacles are dead, then wail on the boss the next time he pokes his head out, he'll be defenseless.

This is the safer way of handling the fight if you're really having trouble. Attacking his head while the tentacles are out is a lot more risky and you shouldn't do it if you're having trouble with the fight.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

Ok, just listen
Stand on a platform and stay there.

I forget. Did they patch the problem with those yet or not?

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
I'm disappointed this wasn't posted for Sonic themes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KnightGambit/status/989302699588964352

As far as I can tell this isn't a troll account.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dehry posted:

weird place to start the Mega Man Cinematic Universe but hey I won't complain

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wait what's going on with Terminator now

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dehry posted:

Can’t believe I’m actually grossed out more by another Terminator movie more so than a Sonic one.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

James Cameron has the rights back and is producing this one at least.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The director is the same guy as Deadpool’s and is also producing the Sonic movie. Oh, and he also worked on Shadow’s CGI cutscenes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Turtlicious posted:

So this boss is like the Mario Odyssey jump roping where it was actually very very very easy but everyone is collectively trolling me and pretending it’s hard

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oil Ocean's boss made actually hitting him a bit of a mess that definitely helps you chew through a few lives, but it isn't that hard.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dehry posted:

Gemini Man looks pretty sweet, but Search Snake will wreck it hard.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dehry posted:

Leaked photo of Tom Hardy as Dr. Robotnik https://imgur.com/a/Mux60IT

Unrelated, but why do people call the final boss of Knuckles Chaotix Metal Sonic Kai? What does Kai mean?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Pomplamoose posted:

Unrelated, but why do people call the final boss of Knuckles Chaotix Metal Sonic Kai? What does Kai mean?

Kai can be translated as "refreshed" or "restored". Probably the most high profile usage I know of is when they made Dragon Ball Z Kai a few years ago (cut out a bunch of the filler, reanimated some of the fight scenes, new intro and outro, etc).

So colloquially it gets used as "bigger and better" or "improved"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I'm not sure if the final boss of Chaotix has an official name. I think I heard somewhere that Metal Sonic Kai was just a term coined by the Japanese fan community (kind of like how the penultimate boss of Sonic 2 is not actually called Silver Sonic).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Macaluso posted:

So this boss is like the Mario Odyssey jump roping where it was actually very very very easy but everyone is collectively trolling me and pretending it’s hard

Hey, gently caress you buddy.

For the jump rope thing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Holy poo poo Escape From the City is a remix of Endless Mine Zone. :psyduck:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Flops posted:

I'm disappointed this wasn't posted for Sonic themes.
Because then this would have to be Knuckles's theme.

Sockser posted:

MAKE BELIEVE REBORN
MAKE BELIEVE REBORN

MikeJF posted:

Just the first five seconds on a loop.
MAKE BELIEVE REBORN

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Holy poo poo Escape From the City is a remix of Endless Mine Zone. :psyduck:

it isnt, the similarities are coincidental. they didn't go unnoticed though when cash cash made the classic remix for sonic generations

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but also jun senoue worked on both of those songs

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also if we're doing Knuckles remixes, then you're ignoring the best one.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

By which you obviously mean this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7rTzaMtpWc

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

jivjov posted:

Kai can be translated as "refreshed" or "restored". Probably the most high profile usage I know of is when they made Dragon Ball Z Kai a few years ago (cut out a bunch of the filler, reanimated some of the fight scenes, new intro and outro, etc).

So colloquially it gets used as "bigger and better" or "improved"

Yeah, the Japanese Chaotix manual calls its Metal Sonic Metal Sonic Kai because it’s the original one’s CPU in an upgraded body. The final boss has no name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The new comic series is great. I like what they did with Sonic and friends and the new people they have made for it.